Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2015, 06:27 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
"New" 2007 Allegro Bay 37QDB

We took ownership of this rig the last week in January 2015. We fell in love with the floor plan on a test drive in September. We found this one on RV trader and thankfully it was a good experience buying off of a Private Owner. We decided on camping around Florida to get the bugs out. Well for an older coach, we did find a few bugs but nothing horrible. We are currently parked in Bay 32 in Red Bay awaiting service. I have my butt parked in the passenger seat and Jim is outside talking to the techs and offering help. On the agenda, fix a jack, front furnace (probably the motherboard), replace the two fogged windows and a few other little things. Hopefully the Quik Service is all we need. We loved the factory tour too! I'll groan at you later when we get the bill!

JimSueW
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2015, 06:28 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
BTW I would love to hear from any other QDB owners for your experiences and advice.

JimSueW
Old 02-12-2015, 01:51 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats, and it looks like you are right on top of making your MH like brand new. Enjoy!
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:22 PM   #4

pleases let me know how your red bay experience went, our first journey was not as well as we had a $4K Dash A/C , however we still think we look forward to our full time journey, would like to visit Red Bay for some little issues as well
tmtube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:25 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtube View Post
pleases let me know how your red bay experience went, our first journey was not as well as we had a $4K Dash A/C , however we still think we look forward to our full time journey, would like to visit Red Bay for some little issues as well

We had a very good first time experience at the campground/service bays in Red Bay. Again, this is our second Tiffin and we only dealt with very competent people over the phone. We were very glad we stopped. While waiting to give Norris the info of what we wanted looked at we went on the factory tour. Very informative and we're proud we own a Tiffin product. We returned to the campground and found a warranty paper taped to the window. Two out of three after inspection, we had to get the rails and the living room slide floor replaced. We had the two long windows in the hall and the doggy window replaced because the argon had leaked and they were white. We decided against a wash/dryer for now. Changed some lights on the coach and got out of there for under $3000. We have a problem with the bedroom bed slide and asked Norris to check it. He said it was fine but one of the technicians checked it, not good. The bed was falling apart and making the slide screw up. The tech did what he could in our 3hr quick bay time but we just finished fixing the bed in our driveway a few days ago. We still want to go back for a few other things but we're very pleased with service and price.

No matter where you go, there you are.- Buckaroo Bonsai -RV Forum
Old 03-28-2015, 01:55 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a 2008QDB, same floor plan, just the ISB 6.7 engine rather than the ISB 5.9, an extra 40hp. We love the floor plan and have had very few problems since we purchased it 3 years ago.

I was able to greatly reduce the engine noise by adding about 2" of high temp insulation to the underside of the engine cover and also I added new gasket material around the perimeter of the cover. This was a great help. Prior to adding the new gasket material, I was getting quite a bit of engine heat leaking by the cover.
2 vrdks is offline   Reply With Quote