Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2018, 07:33 PM   #1

NEW 2019 BUS 37 Pricing?

I know there's lots of options out there that can make a new BUS pretty expensive. .... Or should I say, "more" expensive ..

anyways, Im wondering if one can be had for $290K. Any dealers out there willing to order one for you and not have to make crap loads of money off it? Since they wont be buying it from Tiffin to put on their lot and pay interest on it and all that stuff. They'd simply place the order and it gets picked up when ready. I love the new blue color 37AP for 2019
repsolracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2018, 09:00 PM   #2

I think you may can get a stripped one for that. Even as nice as the Bus is equipped, it will be basic. Ours pretty well loaded was more than that.

We liked the blue also, ordered the Waterfall paint scheme.

fyi, I think leadtime now is 16 weeks.

heathtx
heathtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You might try sending your spec sheet to the following dealers for quotes. All are very aggressive on their pricing, and provide excellent customer service

Davis Motorhomes, Memphis, TN
Sherman RV Center, Sherman, MS
Marlin Ingram RV Center, Montgomery, AL

I live in NV and saved almost $20,000 on my Phaeton by purchasing from Davis in Memphis.

On edit: I have attached a 2019 retail price list. One or more of the above dealers should quote somewhere around a 27% discount. Depending on the options you select you could be pretty close on the 37AP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019 Bus Pricing.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	223836  
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:31 AM   #4

Doesn't work quite that way. Tiffin gets the full price for your rig BEFORE it even enters the list for construction. We got that directly from Bob when we were down there for the build of our 2013. Regardless, there are a few dealers who are happy to work with you. BobGed has listed some of the better ones. Just shop it around. Good luck.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 05:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
Doesn't work quite that way. Tiffin gets the full price for your rig BEFORE it even enters the list for construction. We got that directly from Bob when we were down there for the build of our 2013. Regardless, there are a few dealers who are happy to work with you. BobGed has listed some of the better ones. Just shop it around. Good luck.
not really sure what you mean by this. what do you mean "tiffin gets full price for it"? the dealer puts your build sheet together and then you'll have an MSRP price for that coach and options. The dealer calls Tiffin to order it and get "their" price that Tiffin charges the dealer. And you can negotiate with the dealer from there.
repsolracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by repsolracer2 View Post
not really sure what you mean by this. what do you mean "tiffin gets full price for it"? the dealer puts your build sheet together and then you'll have an MSRP price for that coach and options. The dealer calls Tiffin to order it and get "their" price that Tiffin charges the dealer. And you can negotiate with the dealer from there.
I don't have a clue how the dealer and Tiffin negotiate the price the dealer has to pay Tiffin on a particular coach, but whatever they agree on needs to be in Tiffin's hands before the coach is put into the build queue. Your price will obviously be somewhere between published "list" price and what Tiffin charges the dealer. I'm sure high volume, experienced dealers will not pay Tiffin the same as amount as a small volume dealer will. The internal workings are probably similar to a car dealership with end of year rebates, special deals for big RV shows and so forth, but that info is probably VERY closely held.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
I don't have a clue how the dealer and Tiffin negotiate the price the dealer has to pay Tiffin on a particular coach, but whatever they agree on needs to be in Tiffin's hands before the coach is put into the build queue. Your price will obviously be somewhere between published "list" price and what Tiffin charges the dealer. I'm sure high volume, experienced dealers will not pay Tiffin the same as amount as a small volume dealer will. The internal workings are probably similar to a car dealership with end of year rebates, special deals for big RV shows and so forth, but that info is probably VERY closely held.
To be fair, I think there are three prices to discuss here. First is the retail price and those MSRP numbers are published as part of the order sheet. Second, there is the price the dealer pays manufacturer and that number is surely closely guarded and really only known to the dealer and manufacturer. The third number is the retail price which is somewhere between the dealer price and MSRP of the coach.

There are probably incentives paid to dealers to reward them for sales levels and brand longevity, but really the only number a customer cares about is what they pay for the coach. The amount of money paid from the dealer to the manufacturer and the timing of that money is totally invisible to the retail customer.

I have heard from a dealer that they must pay for the coach upon delivery (and that makes sense), I have not heard that the dealer must pay for the coach before the build is scheduled (as you mention).
heathtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathtx View Post
I have heard from a dealer that they must pay for the coach upon delivery (and that makes sense), I have not heard that the dealer must pay for the coach before the build is scheduled (as you mention).
Just what Bob told us when we went in to thank him for building our very special order coach. The 2013 43' Bus has LP heat, LP range and oven and LP/Electric water heat. The first and last they built in that configuration. Needless to say our build took considerably longer than the norm due to the extensive engineering changes that were needed. We watched the entire build. They may have changed things since December 2012, but that was from the "horses mouth" so to speak.
Old 10-28-2018, 02:14 PM   #9
DMV

repsolracer2,

Give Rick Osburn a call at Ingram. 334-288-0331. Straight shooter, no nonsense and no pressure. You will be pleased to learn that BobGed's numbers are very accurate...
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote