Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think you'll find the 36LA to be underpowered. My biggest concern would be how much cargo carrying capacity you would have on that large of a coach on a 24K GVWR chassis. I would not trust the placard in the closet as to being accurate as far as UVW (empty) weight goes. Other owners have gotten big surprises once they've actually weighed their Allegros and found out what the real weight was.

If anyone with a 36LA has taken theirs to the scales yet I'd be very interested to see what they come up with.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #16

I'm with Cruzer on this, I would like to hear what the real weights are.
But, then again, some posts on this forum have proven some people don't care what there HP to weight ratio is. Or how overloaded their chassis is. Their gonna do what their gonna do!
This is why there are trans replacements, junk motors, and wasted brakes at 30,000 miles!
Windy City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
Elf

Tiffin Owners Club
If someone does have those weights, I would be interested to see them as well.
I was finally able to see a 36LA in person yesterday and liked what I saw. I had the slides brought in to see how it was as well. There are some MHs out there that you can not walk to the back without turning sideways when the slides are in.
Overall, I was impressed. The one I saw had the 5.5 genset and the booth dinette. I would like to see the freestanding dinette as it looks like it would be more flexible and practical for our uses.
DW is still a bit concerned about going up to a 36 plus change as opposed to our 30DA which is 31 plus. I don't think the difference would exclude many, in any, places we want to go? Any thoughts on that would be appreciated as well.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs
We saw the 36LA sitting there with the sold sticker on it as well when we were in ordering our Allegro 32CA. We had seen the floor plan but were happier with the smaller 32CA.

What did you get for a delivery date? Ours is mid to late July.
Right now our 36LA is at the Belmont facility getting painted, provided it is on schedule. We hope to take delivery July 27. Of course that's provided everything works out fine and it leaves the manufacturer around the 20th.
DznyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
I love the floorplan on the 36...my dealer had one in stock when I went to pick up something from their store...OMG it was everything I want in a MH except a King Bed... Loved the 1.5 baths and fireplace...it sold quickly...and it wasn't me who bought it....
Swansonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We love the floor plan as well. I was thrilled to find a floor plan with the rear bath on a model that we can actually afford. One thing I really don't like is walking through the bathroom to get to the bedroom. The half bath off the living area is a big plus. We wanted a king size bed also but it was on the "nice to have" list not the "must have list."
Old 07-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #21

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyFan View Post
We love the floor plan as well. I was thrilled to find a floor plan with the rear bath on a model that we can actually afford. One thing I really don't like is walking through the bathroom to get to the bedroom. The half bath off the living area is a big plus. We wanted a king size bed also but it was on the "nice to have" list not the "must have list."
We are enjoying our's, it's true that it doesn't have a king size bed available, but there's only so much you can put on a 36' floorplan. The queen is a full queen, not the short RV model.
melving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
I don't think you'll find the 36LA to be underpowered. My biggest concern would be how much cargo carrying capacity you would have on that large of a coach on a 24K GVWR chassis. I would not trust the placard in the closet as to being accurate as far as UVW (empty) weight goes. Other owners have gotten big surprises once they've actually weighed their Allegros and found out what the real weight was.

If anyone with a 36LA has taken theirs to the scales yet I'd be very interested to see what they come up with.
Left Front 4,070 lbs
Right Front 3,890
Total 7,960

Left Rear 7,430lbs
Right Rear 7,100lbs
Total 14,530lbs

Total weight 22,490

With about a 1/3 fresh water, almost full tank of gas... one person on board (me) and a normal load of camping supplies. Ref was only partially loaded. close to full tank of propane.

I figure that leaves me around 1,000lbs to work with.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by melving
With about a 1/3 fresh water, almost full tank of gas... one person on board (me) and a normal load of camping supplies. Ref was only partially loaded. close to full tank of propane.

I figure that leaves me around 1,000lbs to work with.
When you say "normal load of camping supplies" are you including things like the grill, chairs and such? Since we keep everything in the motorhome except for food and clothing 1,000 lbs. to spare would leave us in pretty good shape although any spare weight will be taken up by our toad.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:35 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyFan View Post
When you say "normal load of camping supplies" are you including things like the grill, chairs and such? Since we keep everything in the motorhome except for food and clothing 1,000 lbs. to spare would leave us in pretty good shape although any spare weight will be taken up by our toad.
Yeah, have all that stuff already loaded. Exception was food and some clothing. We have a good selection of "camping" clothing already loaded. I am counting the tongue weight within the total weight (not the 1,000 left), as it should never exceed 500lbs. I believe if memory serves me right that the overall weight including towing weight is actually 26,000lbs.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #25

I saw one at a dealer when we were at the iRV2 rally. I fell in love with it, but it's just out of our budget for right now....

if someone would send me a really BIG bat, I could hit the Powerball and buy it tho

I'd love to hear how you like the rig a couple years from now - it's another 9 years before we can full-time, but I'd like to be fully prepared and ready to go when we can!
TN Blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:31 AM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A couple things I just saw on the Tiffin website regarding the 36la is the wheelbase length 252" and the new LARGER wheels they are putting on as standard. (SAME AS YOU'D FIND ON A DIESEL PUSHER)
Tiffin leads the pack in my opinion with the longer wheelbase on a 37' coach.
If it acts like it does on my coach it should mean better handling and a nice smooth ride.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #27

We have a 36LA on order. My questions is for those of you who have already been living in your coach.

1. We are not putting a TV over the driving area. Just the living room and bedroom. Does the living room TV pull out and turn to the left or right? We like to watch the news while having meals?

2. Where or how do you use your Direct/Dish TV boxes. You have to be able to point your remote toward the box and I just don't see where you can do that?

3. Do you think it is possible to remove the sofa and replace it with two recliners? Has anyone do that?

We have Tiffin now and we love the product and company. I am so excited to get our new coach. We have been full timers for that last 8 years, and love it.
Ewings2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
We are looking at the 36LA and had the same idea of the two recliners and a small table with lamp between them. In the extra space a small computer desk by a free standing dinette. Our rv is designed for two. The only extra people who sleep in our RV is the Grandchildren and they can sleep on the floor with blow up beds. Mainly we are looking for our RV to sleep two.
Littlehome is offline   Reply With Quote