RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Anyone using this model for full-timing? It is on the top of my list.

I would also like to know how the two recliners will work.

reubenray is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2012, 06:10 AM   #30

We are waiting for our 36LA to arrive at the dealership. We are going to take the sofa out and sell it. We plan to buy the two recliners with a table. I am not sure about the computer desk since we have the one up in front by the passengers chair. We are full timers and agree the coach needs to fit two peoples needs. What I can't understand is why they don't think about the full timers when they are thinking about floor plans. At least give us the ability to choose a sofa or two chairs.

Ewings2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #31
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For the benefit of new members we take the "Be Nice" rule very seriously here at iRV2.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewings2 View Post
We have a 36LA on order. My questions is for those of you who have already been living in your coach.

1. We are not putting a TV over the driving area. Just the living room and bedroom. Does the living room TV pull out and turn to the left or right? We like to watch the news while having meals?
No, it doesn't, none of the TVs do. We have the table and chairs and DW often sites at the table with her laptop. As far as I know she doesn't have any problem seeing the TV. Of course I'm right in front in the recliner so the view is good.

2. Where or how do you use your Direct/Dish TV boxes. You have to be able to point your remote toward the box and I just don't see where you can do that?
We don't have a sat box yet but it would go in the front cabinet above the passenger seat, where the tank monitor and slide control is. With the door open I don't think it would be an issue to point the remote that direction. One thought that I haven't looked in to much, there is a "whole house" type of IR remote system, for lack of a better term. The DVD player goes behind the bedroom TV and there is an IR extension type of thing that attaches to the front of the DVD player, over the IR eye and I can control the DVD player from anywhere in the MH without pointing it at the DVD player. It's the same with the TVs, one remote can control any of the TVs.

3. Do you think it is possible to remove the sofa and replace it with two recliners? Has anyone do that?
I would talk directly to Stephanie McCarley at Tiffin and discuss with her what you want in a 36LA. They're more than happy to work with customers on special configurations. I was talking with a guy in Lancaster, PA and he was telling me about the 36LA he ordered. He talked with Bob Tiffin about putting in a residential fridge instead of the Dometic. Bob said it would require the larger inverter and bigger battery bank than what was available on the floorplan. He told Bob he only wanted to run it off shore power and not off propane or battery so Bob said OK.

We have Tiffin now and we love the product and company. I am so excited to get our new coach. We have been full timers for that last 8 years, and love it.
See my replies above.
DznyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #33

Is anyone who has purchased one of the 36la's willing to disclose how much off of list price they were able to negotiate on this coach? It would be a great help.

I know 25-30% is normal, but I was wondering if the popularity of this floorplan makes it harder to get a good deal.
4tfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:56 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
From what I have read, 25% is about it for Tiffin. I was able to get within a few hundred of 25% on the one we just ordered. Had a couple of dealers that would work with us on getting the price down. One of the Largest dealers though was telling me that on the 36LA they would only go down about 23%. We think we did okay, and that is all that counts.
segel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #35

Ford Super Duty Owner
General Rv gave me a price or right around 115. That was after out test drive with the options I wanted. I think it listed right at 150. Whats that? 23% or close to it
hanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #36

Ford Super Duty Owner
that 115 price was out the door also
hanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #37

25% plus washer dryer and tow bar.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah View Post
25% plus washer dryer and tow bar.
So you got 25% off, and they added the washer/dryer and tow bar for free?
What dealer?
4tfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:44 AM   #39

Lazy Days, FL. We made the deal at the FMCA rally in Indianapolis. No trade in.
We take delivery in a few weeks. Can't wait!
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #40

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great looking coach, almost makes me want to trade ours for one. I really like the floor plan and especially the new window shades!
jojolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
Smile A 36LA is in our future!

Hi Selah. We live in Brevard County, FL and have already visited the Lazy Days FL location. We were extremely pleased with their operation, but were a bit concerned whether they would offer a decent deal on their coaches. I cannot tell you how happy I am that I found your posting (as well as the others in this thread that mentioned the same thing!)

We started looking at the possibility of purchasing a Class A a couple of years ago, but really started getting serious after going to the RV show in Tampa this past January. After doing some extensive research, visiting several dealers and few more RV shows, I'm sold on Tiffin and we both love the 36LA. We would rather purchase through Lazy Days, given their close proximety (only an hour away from us). We were very impressed with the "no pressure" attitude of the salesman who showed us all around their property. Truthfully, he was partial to the Forest River Georgetown (which also showed very well), but with all I've heard about Tiffin's "service after the sale," I would be hard-pressed to go with anyone else. Combine all this with your posting information, and I am fairly sure we will go there to make our purchase.

Our plan is to purchase sometime around the end of this year (2013), based on the "downpayment" fund we are building. Thanks to you, and everyone else, who provided this info!
cgoonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoonen View Post
Hi Selah. We live in Brevard County, FL and have already visited the Lazy Days FL location. We were extremely pleased with their operation, but were a bit concerned whether they would offer a decent deal on their coaches. I cannot tell you how happy I am that I found your posting (as well as the others in this thread that mentioned the same thing!)

We started looking at the possibility of purchasing a Class A a couple of years ago, but really started getting serious after going to the RV show in Tampa this past January. After doing some extensive research, visiting several dealers and few more RV shows, I'm sold on Tiffin and we both love the 36LA. We would rather purchase through Lazy Days, given their close proximety (only an hour away from us). We were very impressed with the "no pressure" attitude of the salesman who showed us all around their property. Truthfully, he was partial to the Forest River Georgetown (which also showed very well), but with all I've heard about Tiffin's "service after the sale," I would be hard-pressed to go with anyone else. Combine all this with your posting information, and I am fairly sure we will go there to make our purchase.

Our plan is to purchase sometime around the end of this year (2013), based on the "downpayment" fund we are building. Thanks to you, and everyone else, who provided this info!
Just a quick note, we bought our 36LA right down the road from you at Giant Recreation World Melbourne. Looked at at both LDs an there, price offers the same but a waiting list at LD while GRD had one on the lot fully loaded.

RCBob is offline   Reply With Quote