RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks! What a coincidence. We had also visited Giant Recreation World. In fact, we've been to both the Orlando and Melbourne locations. We were initially leaning toward LD because of all the "special handling" they talked about (the RV driving school, the first night stay on property with someone to check in on us the next morning, etc.). Then again, there is something to be said for having access to a good dealer that is local. We even got the chance to meet the owner (Don McNamara?) and got the same general feeling about him and his company that many people say about Tiffin. So, hearing your recommendation just might be a "sign" that we need to stay close to home.

By the way, I found an announcement on their website that says they are building a new dealership in Palm Bay, just off I-95, that will be able to manage an on-site inventory of 300! I'm pretty excited about that!

Thanks again for the tip!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #44

15 out the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanko View Post
that 115 price was out the door also

Did that include sales tax and if yes at what rate? Which General dealer (location)?

Thanks and sweet deal

dupedtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
What size is the bedroom TV? I have a new 32" Sony that I used in my fifth wheel for two weeks that I plan on using there. Also if the bedroom TV option is not taken what is in the place of the TV?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
The bedroom TV is normally a 32" Panasonic. The entertainment system and wiring is in the cabinet behind where the TV is installed. The mount for the TV is on the flipper door. If you are ordering from the factory, you might want to ask them to install that door and not a regular cabinet door.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the info luvlabs!!!
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by melving View Post
We have been out twice this month. No major issues, still exploring the different features. We are camping in a state park this weekend and only have 30amp service. Got a bit warm yesterday, and used the air. We have the 15,000 front unit and it doesn't like low voltage. Used the rear ac unit and it worked okay with the 30amp service. Mileage on a ford V10??? We were getting around 8 with the Damon on the last trip. This one is still not broke in. This trip out 6.8 But, that's not why we bought the unit.
Get a step-up electrical transformer (called a voltage regulator by Surge Guard and a Autotransformer by Hughes). When the voltage drops (I think the trigger is around 110 VAC), it produces a 10% increase so that 110 VAC becomes 121 VAC so the AC units don't have to work as hard. Surge Guard is probably better but Hughes is more readily available on Craigslist.
dupedtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #49

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dupedtwo View Post
Did that include sales tax and if yes at what rate? Which General dealer (location)?

Thanks and sweet deal

sorry, my mistake. the 115 was W/O tax title and plate. when i was all said and done it ended up at 125 OTD. But we did get just about every option except washer dryer. It lists right at 150.
hanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #50

Luvlabs - The entertainment system and wiring in the cabinet behind where the TV is installed, did you have any trouble with setting up your system and getting the TV's to work independ of each other?

We have had our 36la for about two months. We do have some issues that need to be fixed the biggest is the large slide out awing. Does anyone have a brace in the middle of your living room slide out awing? We do not and it has cause some problems. I have read the instructions on line and it tells us it is required. There is no warranty if there is not one. Tiffin said, if we forgot it we will put it on. I want to know if they forgot and just didn't do it on any of the 36la?

Does anyone feel like their brakes are a little mushy or that you have to push them all the way to the floor? Is this normal?
Ewings2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #51

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I'll take the last question first - no, your brakes should not be mushy or go anywhere near the floor. Call your local Ford dealer and get his advice on how to get your motorhome to him (or another) Ford dealer for repairs. I would think towing would be appropriate.

Our large slide is probably as long as yours. We don't have brace or anything else for the middle of it. You could have your dealer tighten it up for you.

The entertainment system...
I didn't like how Tiffin did their wiring so I made a few adaptions so it would work like I wanted it to. We ordered it with the surround sound system and if you didn't then these comments may not apply. We also use a Joey/Hopper system from Dish and so some of this might apply if you use satellite receivers. We do not have the front TV. The TV's should be completely independent on cable or the antenna. The home theater DVD player and satellite systems complicate things. Don't forget, you have to select the input for each TV from the TV menu. So given all of that this is how ours is connected:

1. Hopper (satellite) system audio is carried to the surround system via an optical cable.
2. The Hopper HDMI out is shared with the Panasonic Home Theater system HDMI video out to the mid-cabin TV via a HDMI switch. You could do the same thing with a single satellite receiver.
3. OTA and cable connections are unchanged.
4. The bedroom TV audio is the TV speakers.
5. The bedroom TV video is via HDMI for the satellite signal via the Joey. The DVD player feeds this TV via the component cable output of the home theater box.
6. OTA and cable are unchanged to this TV.

We use a Winegard Trav'ler dish to feed the Joey/Hopper system.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #52

Thanks for the TV inforamtion. We will contact Ford on the brake issue.

SLIDE AWNING ISSUE:
Dometic's (same as A&E) requires their center c-brace for their awnings over the living room slide-out, over 198 inches. The living room slide awning on the 36LA is 210 inches over a slide of 205 inches. If you look down the length of your awing, you will see the middle is warping in towards the Motor home. This will result in your awning rubbing up against the Motor home as you let it in and out. It will begin to create a whole in the middle of your awning. Also the warping tube does not roll the awning in evenly across the top of the slide out. Even Dometic's competitor Carefree requires two or three brace’s for this length of topper awning.
As I said before, we called Tiffin to talk with a tech, and all they would say is “well if we forgot to put one on we will take care of it”. I don’t believe they forgot, I think they didn’t spend the extra time and money to do so. We expect a problem when we go back to the dealer for some warranty work next month. Here are two web sites you will want to read concerning the awnings.

http://www.rveparts.com/dometic-slide-topper-cradle-support-3309526-006/
http://dometic.com/38f21536-3782-437b-97d3-883a80b54963.fodoc

Ewings2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Has anyone had trouble with the gear shift on the dash. It seems when you shift gears on the 36LA your hand rubs against the air vent thats directly behind the gear shift arm. Is this just a problem on one coach or is this a common problem on all 36LA's?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #54

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not really a problem, but it's close!!!

Water Boy is offline   Reply With Quote