Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
New 36LA

Finally found pictures of the new gasser.
Pretty nice.
2012 0 Tiffin Allegro 36LA Class A Gas Motorhome (Stock# 6821)

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Very nice indeed! And it's on a 24000 lb. chassis!

I like the way that North Trail RV posts the photo displays of their coaches.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Very nice! Love the cabinets, my wife, the cabinet police, approves also which is a miracle! We have the same comforter, which she immediately bagged up, along with all the throw pillows, and said we must keep looking new for when we trade up!

Thanks for sharing!
TxRVMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:37 AM   #4

Hello all, We traded our 07 Challenger last Thursday for a Allegro 36la in Atlanta area on our way home from Florida. It had 460 miles on it and now has just over 1,000. Camped three nights on the way home and got most everything put away. Decent layout and not too many issues so far to worry about. Wife likes the layout.
melving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by melving View Post
Hello all, We traded our 07 Challenger last Thursday for a Allegro 36la in Atlanta area on our way home from Florida. It had 460 miles on it and now has just over 1,000. Camped three nights on the way home and got most everything put away. Decent layout and not too many issues so far to worry about. Wife likes the layout.
do you still like your 36la, we are picking ours up from dixie rv June 1, we custom ordered it. Anything con and what are the pros so far. what would you estimate the miles per gallon are

Happy motoring steve
sbrechl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congratulations, I can see how you'd get a lot of enjoyment from that.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrechl View Post
do you still like your 36la, we are picking ours up from dixie rv June 1, we custom ordered it. Anything con and what are the pros so far. what would you estimate the miles per gallon are

Happy motoring steve
We have been out twice this month. No major issues, still exploring the different features. We are camping in a state park this weekend and only have 30amp service. Got a bit warm yesterday, and used the air. We have the 15,000 front unit and it doesn't like low voltage. Used the rear ac unit and it worked okay with the 30amp service. Mileage on a ford V10??? We were getting around 8 with the Damon on the last trip. This one is still not broke in. This trip out 6.8 But, that's not why we bought the unit.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Talking We like it

We had been looking at the 36LA but no dealer around Northern Virginia had one in stock. A dealer in PA had one on order and we asked them to let us know when it came in so we could look at it but they never got back to us. Looking at photos online and the floor plan gave us some reservations as to how tight the space might be in some areas so we started looking at the 34TGA. We'd settled on all the options and colors. Today we went to the dealer to talk numbers and they had a 36LA sitting next to the 34TGA. The wife fell in love with the 36LA now that we could actually see one. We were about an hour too late, it was sold while we were looking at it. Interestingly enough a couple from PA drove down to see it because they couldn't find a 36LA in PA. So for Mother's Day I ordered my wife a 36LA.
DznyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:30 AM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Now THAT'S some Mothers Day gift!!!!!

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
We saw the 36LA sitting there with the sold sticker on it as well when we were in ordering our Allegro 32CA. We had seen the floor plan but were happier with the smaller 32CA.

What did you get for a delivery date? Ours is mid to late July.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #11

We were fortunate to find our 36LA in Atlanta when returning from our winter vacation in Florida this March. We have been very happy with the floorplan. We were in the process of ordering one when we found the one we have now.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Power in the 36LA

Hi everyone,

We are seriously considering the Allegro 36LA but have some concerns about the rig being underpowered. We are from BC and roads have two directions, up and down! We hope to add a toad as soon as we can. How are the new 36LA owners finding their rig?
Highlander48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #13

I ordered the 34TGA on a 24,000# chassis. I felt the 36 had a great floor plan but some things are just too much of a good thing. I guess a lot depends on your intended use. Ours is the ocasional weekend away while pulling a car or enclosed trailer with a Road Glide.
I just took delivery a few weeks ago and have driven very little. The unit handles very well, but is underpowered as with all gassers when you get around the 20,000# mark and 13' tall.
I can say the Ford V10's torque is a pleasant surprise. I have not yet pulled anything with it but I am hoping any payload in the 3000# range will not be too noticeable.
Anyone looking to order I would suggest the 7K generator.
Windy City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander48 View Post
Hi everyone,

We are seriously considering the Allegro 36LA but have some concerns about the rig being underpowered. We are from BC and roads have two directions, up and down! We hope to add a toad as soon as we can. How are the new 36LA owners finding their rig?
We have been happy with the ford V10, our 2007 Damon Challenger was powered by that motor and our new 36LA is powered by it. I pulled a 20ft car trailer or a gmc denali behind our Challenger with no issues. We picked up the 36LA in Atlanta this March and switched everything over there on the dealers lot before heading on home from Florida. That included our Denali which we were pulling. The 36LA has a bit more horsepower than the Challenger and rides much better on the 22.5 wheels. I did not drop below 60 going up Mount Eagle on I24 between Nashville and Chattanooga. Overall, we are pleased with the 36LA. It's hard to say we are camping with all the features. The one we purchased has all the options they are offering on the unit, with the exception of the tub.