RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2015, 06:04 PM   #1

New 37PA Mod

We are going to purchase a new motor home by the end of the year and I've narrowed it down between the Newmar Ventana LE and the Allegro Red. I really like the 37PA but have some concerns about the CCC being only around 1400 pounds. I know others have mentioned it on the forum. So I sent a message to Tiffen and told them my concerns. Well, it appears they have heard it from others and I got the below message back from them today. So Tiffen is back in the hunt.

Steve,

On the 37PA we have just started offering a 360HP engine that will actually double the CCC. The suggested base for the 37PA on a 360HP chassis is $252,590.00 versus the 340HP at $243,890.00

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Stephanie McCarley
Tiffin Sales Department
Phone: 256.356.8661 ext 2388
Fax: 256.356.9742

Hope this info helps those out there that might be sitting on the fence.

Steve

sbahrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #2

Thanks for the info! Our "fence" keeps getting shorter!! We really love the 37PA!

RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:13 AM   #3

New 37PA Mod

It does look like a great coach. I wish I would have asked if this upgrade appled to the 38QRA. I would think it would. That is the other model we are interested.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:27 AM   #4

I guess you have to ask yourself what is most important to you. The $8700.00 extra added to the base price and extra HP vs extra cargo capacity and loss of MPG.
Also I found a really good site for "Glossary of RV Terms" at: www.RVFORUM.net that might help shed some more light on the subject.
When we were at the Tampa RV show we met a couple of Tiffin owners that told us that when it came to ordering a new Tiffin the 3 dealers to contact were: Shermin RV in Mississippi, Davis RV in Memphis, and RV World of Georgia. I can't speak from experience but that is what we were told.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
I guess you have to ask yourself what is most important to you. The $8700.00 extra added to the base price and extra HP vs extra cargo capacity and loss of MPG.
Also I found a really good site for "Glossary of RV Terms" at: www.RVFORUM.net that might help shed some more light on the subject.
When we were at the Tampa RV show we met a couple of Tiffin owners that told us that when it came to ordering a new Tiffin the 3 dealers to contact were: Shermin RV in Mississippi, Davis RV in Memphis, and RV World of Georgia. I can't speak from experience but that is what we were told.

It always comes down to choices. I don't mind the extra money as I would rather have added power and space. I hate to run close to the maximum load. It should also increase the ability to tow a heavier vehicle. With the previous setup there was the potential for limiting the toad to 3500 pounds.

I heard about the first two dealers, but not the one in Georgia. I will have to check them out as I live in Southeast GA and it would be more convenient.

Thanks
Steve
Old 02-16-2015, 07:04 AM   #6

I thought that the CCC of a coach had more to do with the chassis axles than HP. My 38v bounder has a CCC of about 3000 lbs and a 300hp Cat.

Tiffin
GAWR – Front: 12,000 lb
GAWR – Rear: 17,500 lb
GVWR: 29,500 lb

Bounder
Old 02-16-2015, 09:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbahrns View Post
It always comes down to choices. I don't mind the extra money as I would rather have added power and space. I hate to run close to the maximum load. It should also increase the ability to tow a heavier vehicle. With the previous setup there was the potential for limiting the toad to 3500 pounds.

I heard about the first two dealers, but not the one in Georgia. I will have to check them out as I live in Southeast GA and it would be more convenient.

Thanks
Steve
We spoke to Russell at RV of Georgia. He was very nice and very helpful. In fact he has a 2014 Phaeton 40QBH on the lot at a great price! Only about 20K more than the 37PA.
RV World Buford, GA 770-945-2112
Old 02-17-2015, 06:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post
I thought that the CCC of a coach had more to do with the chassis axles than HP. My 38v bounder has a CCC of about 3000 lbs and a 300hp Cat.

Tiffin
GAWR Front: 12,000 lb
GAWR Rear: 17,500 lb
GVWR: 29,500 lb

Bounder
I'm with you on that one. That was the only information sent in the email. I can only assume that other changes were made. I will inquire further if we really start to focus on the RED.

Thanks
Steve