Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2015, 04:44 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
New Allegro bus owner needs help

Hello

We just purchased a 2006 Allegro Bus 42QDP and we love it. The problem is it came with no manuals. Two problems so far we could use some advice with. How do you start the ice maker and we turned on the water behind the washer and still have no water is there another shut off elsewhere.

thanks
Kevin and Dodi
nhcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2015, 08:14 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcouple View Post
Hello

We just purchased a 2006 Allegro Bus 42QDP and we love it. The problem is it came with no manuals. Two problems so far we could use some advice with. How do you start the ice maker and we turned on the water behind the washer and still have no water is there another shut off elsewhere.

thanks
Kevin and Dodi
Kevin this site can help with the manuals I have an older coach and can't help with your other questions. Manuals | Tiffin Motorhomes
caninecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:12 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Hello

thanks
Kevin and Dodi
If you guys have the Norcold (aka Nevercold frudge), you can download the manual from Tiffin's website in the Owners section. Good luck b
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:51 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ice maker waterline has a shutoff valve in the fridge external access panel area. I don't know about the water lines to the washer. We have an '07 QDP. Look hard at replacing the old propane reefer w a residential unit, it's a fire risk.
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Hello

thanks
Kevin and Dodi
Did you check the shut off bar on the ice maker itself?
Gaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:20 AM   #6

I needed a motorcycle owners manual and ordered it from ManualsInk.com They reprint different manuals, bind and send to you. I paid $13 for a 165 page owners manual. Ebay had used originals for $60+. Im very happy with it.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:12 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
We have the same coach (2 yrs now). It came with factory manuals. I have to say that thereis very little real info in the manuals.

However there is a huge amount to know about the coaches. I don't have a number but don't hesitate to call the company with your questions. Otherwise put them up here. There is a lot of experience on this forum.

Good luck with your coach.
Happytrails3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:44 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I can't answer the washer question other than to say mine has only one water turn on spigot and that is behind the washer accessible through a access hole in the closet.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:34 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If it's a NorCold 4 door refrigerator.

From the outside access panel you likely will find the water line, with a inline shutoff there.

You will also likely find there are two 120vac plugs - one is the refrigerator, the other the ice maker. Ensure you have power at the ice maker outlet. Note that usually the ice maker, by design, often only has power there when on shore power.

Lastly, the ice maker is a high fail item. Not uncommon to go bad.

Good luck!
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:54 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
If it's a NorCold 4 door refrigerator.

From the outside access panel you likely will find the water line, with a inline shutoff there.

You will also likely find there are two 120vac plugs - one is the refrigerator, the other the ice maker. Ensure you have power at the ice maker outlet. Note that usually the ice maker, by design, often only has power there when on shore power.
If the coach has an inverter that is turned on the ice maker is plugged into that outlet so it does have power all the time when not connected to shore power or running off the generator.

The refrigerator is plugged into the other outlet that is not connected to the inverter, and on most models when set to Auto it will automatically switch to LPG when it detects 120 VAC is not present.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Hello

thanks
Kevin and Dodi
Hi Kevin,
This is my first attempt at a reply so I have no idea if this will reach you. I also recently purchased a 2006 Allegro Bus 42QDP. I live in Kennebunkport Me. and have been hoping to make contact with someone close by to be able to talk with as I go thru this steep learning curve. If interested please call me at 207-232-6931.
Kind Regards,
Dick Thompson
Merdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:27 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Thumbs up

Hi Merdt,

Congratulations on your purchase. As previously mentioned, we've had our '06 42 QDP for 2 years now and like it better all the time. IMHO your best resources for problem solving are the iRV2 forums. Cheers.
Happytrails3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:56 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
Kevin this site can help with the manuals I have an older coach and can't help with your other questions. Manuals | Tiffin Motorhomes
Bummer it only goes to 2007 and I have a 2001! Factory was no help sent me a 10 page .pdf and it not a manual when I asked for one for the '01 Bus.
McKinney, TX
McKTX is offline   Reply With Quote