RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2008, 06:22 AM   #1
CLM

Hello,
I am home to Virginia from Clarksville, IN.
I have brought home my new 2008 Allegro Bus 36 QSP. This is my first class A. I can't imagine what I was so afraid of.
I have no reputable service dealer near me and have questions...again.
-windshield wiper washer on passenger side discharges it's fluid in a thin trickle down the front of the windshield. How can I fix it?
-wind noise around entrance door while traveling and air coming in around it. Can I fix that myself?
-how the heck do you turn the fridge off? It is a residential one with freezer on bottom. GE
The book only says, "Do such and such, but this will not turn the electric off to the fridge."
-while driving down mountains on 64, I downshifted to 5th and used the low engine brake. The little monitor screen on the panel showed 2 4. I don't understand the 2 numbers. I thought I shifted to 5/5 from 6/6. My former coach didn't show 2 numbers and didn't have a low and high engine brake; just plain engine brake.
Thanks for any help. I'll keep plugging through all these system books, too.
Cordy

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2008, 06:22 AM   #2
CLM

Hello,
I am home to Virginia from Clarksville, IN.
I have brought home my new 2008 Allegro Bus 36 QSP. This is my first class A. I can't imagine what I was so afraid of.
I have no reputable service dealer near me and have questions...again.
-windshield wiper washer on passenger side discharges it's fluid in a thin trickle down the front of the windshield. How can I fix it?
-wind noise around entrance door while traveling and air coming in around it. Can I fix that myself?
-how the heck do you turn the fridge off? It is a residential one with freezer on bottom. GE
The book only says, "Do such and such, but this will not turn the electric off to the fridge."
-while driving down mountains on 64, I downshifted to 5th and used the low engine brake. The little monitor screen on the panel showed 2 4. I don't understand the 2 numbers. I thought I shifted to 5/5 from 6/6. My former coach didn't show 2 numbers and didn't have a low and high engine brake; just plain engine brake.
Thanks for any help. I'll keep plugging through all these system books, too.
Cordy

Old 11-13-2008, 07:11 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
W/S washer ... possibly has an obstruction in the line feeding the wiper. Remove the line and activate the washer.
Wind noise ... I had the same problem and adjusted the door latches so they were a little tighter. Plus I have to kinda slam the door to make it tight.
Transmission ... When you activate your engine brake it also downshifts the transmission to 4th with the ability to shift into 2nd if the engine RPM is reduced enough. The 4 is the gear the transmission is currently in and the 2 is the gear it will seek depending on engine RPM. This shift pattern can be reprogrammed by an Allison shop but I like mine there.
Fridge ... I'm not familiar with your fridge but there should be a button that will turn it off on the front panel. Perhaps someone will chime in that has one and can help.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:03 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cordy,

It sounds like you're near Tom Stinnett RV. They're a Tiffin dealer. Also, if you can't find a nearby Tiffin dealer but do have a nearby dealership that you trust, give Bob Tiffin a call and explain it. He generally approves warranty work to be done at other non-Tiffin dealerships. Okay, so much for that.

1) If the wiper fluid dribbles down it's either a cracked hose near the end where it attaches to the wiper arm, A pinched hose in the wiper arm, or a plugged nozzle. A fine wire might clear that out.

2) Wind noise is tough. It all depends on where it is coming from. The door can be adjusted but it takes a bit of experience to get it right or else it might leak even worse. I'd leave the door frame alone and try moving the striker plate stud in a bit to make it seal tighter though.

3) The residential fridge (I have the Amana) doesn't have an "off" switch. The way to power it down is to go to the AC circuit breaker panel. There's a dedicated breaker just for the fridge. Turn off the breaker and the fridge will be dead. Be sure to crack the doors if in storage though or you'll have mold in there come spring.

4) Your Allison series II panel shows two digits. The left digit shows the gear "selected" while the right digit shows the gear "obtained". Normally you stick it in Drive and it'll show "6" as the gear selected. The gear obtaiuned will gradually increase as you increase your speed and get into those higher gears. When you engage the Jake brake it will try to downshift the transmission to second gear. That's why "2" will appear as soon as the Jake brake kicks in. The digit on the right will still imndicate which gear you are in and will decrease as your speed comes down. Once you hit the throttle the Jake brake kicks out and it will return to "6" again, or whichever gear you have selected as your top gear. The Allison is smart and talks to the Jake brake and engine so it won't let you over-rev the engine. That's why if you manually select a given gear you may not get it if the transmission's ECM decides it's not safe.

For more details on the tranny check out the manuals and topics on TRVN's RV Tech Library. There's lots of other good stuff in there too that'll help you out with your first class A.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:31 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I am home to Virginia from Clarksville, IN.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark, I think he's back in Virginia now. I don't think there are any Tiffin dealers around here.
sfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
CLM

Yep, SHE is back to Virginia from Indiana.
And...thanks so much for all the helpful comments!!