Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2008, 03:07 AM   #1
CLM

Hello,
I've been looking at 40 foot 2007 Newmar Dutch Stars but have now purchased a 2008 36'Allegro Bus. It's still at the dealer's as I have to get my Dynamax trade down to them. The dealer is Tom Stinnett R.V. in Clarksville, IN. It seems like a good place. I don't think I got jerked around by being female and buying an RV. (not like car dealerships) I live in Virginia, but the dealership here is...well, awful. I did not test drive the unit as it was on the show room floor, but I have driven a 36'Phaeton and 2 40'Dutch Stars. The unit I have bought is on the Powerglide chassis. I expect it to drive well.
I should be at the dealership for the purchase/trade around the end of October. Is there anything specific I should do or look for during the PDI. This is my first class A and I'm excited. It seems that the only thing this unit does not have is the washer/dryer. I think I'll wait on that one.
Does anyone know where to put the pots and pans? The dishwasher seems to occupy that space. I, also, have to figure out where to stash the litter box; 3 cats travel with me.
I'm very excited about this and eager to join this group and any other Tiffin group recommended!!
Thanks for any and all info.
Cordy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2008, 03:07 AM   #2
CLM

Hello,
I've been looking at 40 foot 2007 Newmar Dutch Stars but have now purchased a 2008 36'Allegro Bus. It's still at the dealer's as I have to get my Dynamax trade down to them. The dealer is Tom Stinnett R.V. in Clarksville, IN. It seems like a good place. I don't think I got jerked around by being female and buying an RV. (not like car dealerships) I live in Virginia, but the dealership here is...well, awful. I did not test drive the unit as it was on the show room floor, but I have driven a 36'Phaeton and 2 40'Dutch Stars. The unit I have bought is on the Powerglide chassis. I expect it to drive well.
I should be at the dealership for the purchase/trade around the end of October. Is there anything specific I should do or look for during the PDI. This is my first class A and I'm excited. It seems that the only thing this unit does not have is the washer/dryer. I think I'll wait on that one.
Does anyone know where to put the pots and pans? The dishwasher seems to occupy that space. I, also, have to figure out where to stash the litter box; 3 cats travel with me.
I'm very excited about this and eager to join this group and any other Tiffin group recommended!!
Thanks for any and all info.
Cordy
Old 10-18-2008, 03:54 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Can't help you on the specifics of things to look for on the PDI because we're still in the "wannabee" phase. The Tiffin Forum is a great place to ask questions. If you haven't been to the Tiffin Site yet, you definitely want to check them out.
sfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:32 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Cordy: As Steve or Karen suggested, go over to the Tiffin Site and sign in. TiffinRVnetwork is designed specifically for Tiffin owners and is loaded with information. It'd be well worth your time, believe me.

Marty
Marty too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:45 AM   #5
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Cordy, good luck with your MH... Have it winterize and take your time with the PDI, it took me about a year, because I walked away from the PDI... newbie made the PDI and I knew more about the MH.....we learned as we RVed...In a way we were lucky, everything worked!!!?
Sit down in the DRIVER seat and operate EVERY switch, so - that you understand the function...
Take it on a shakedown trip around the dealership, if you got the time... Check for flaws in the paint???? One of our TIFFIN friends might have a PDI list. Enjoy the coming years in your new TIFFIN...

RVgreetings
TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:33 AM   #6

Congrats on your motor home. As far as your PDI, my suggestion is make a list of things that you find that are not correct. Not sure what the weather will be like in Indiana in October,but if its possible be sure that you look over the rig outside of a service bay and in the sunshine. Any paint issues are easier to spot. Take your time! deploy all the slides, run the generator and walk around the rig a few times.
Best of Luck!
wagon217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:59 PM   #7

Cordy
Congrats on the new RV! %The other user group already has a PDI you can print out. Which dealer were you referring to in Virginia? If it is the one in Chesapeake? They refused to work on anything they did not sell, and the very reason that they did not earn my business. Service sells, and they have not figured that out yet. If they offer top flight service, they would get top billing for the next coach I purchase, they never gave themselves that opportunity.

I live in King George, if either I or my wife can help you, please let us know.

Scott & Belinda

2007 Tiffin Phaeton QDH
Mdbtyhtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:22 AM   #8

Well Congrats, I hope you love it. We like our Tiffin and have been very pleased with the overall quality and involvement of the Tiffin Company and our local dealer. In the PDI, make sure they pressurize the water system. Look for leaks everywhere. I asked our dealer to do this and we found two leaks, the outside shower and the kitchen sink sprayer. They claimed they did this, but obviously they overlooked those two items. Other advice is very good. Ask about everything you don't know about including the chassis stuff that many dealers seem to skip over lightly. Then just enjoy it. Do join the tiffinrvnetwork.com. Great site with tons of info.
Gouda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Cordy,
Welcome, and congrats on your new purchase. Do a search for a PDI and there are many out there in a PDF format where you can check things as you go.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote