Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2019, 06:40 PM   #1

New Phaeton Microwave Vent

Can someone tell me if the microwave vent is supposed to be painted on the flap? It just doesn't look right in white. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0417.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	242329   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0418.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	242330  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0419.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	242331  
Dave P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2019, 06:03 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
yes ours is painted.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:27 PM   #3

Thank you. I will add it to the list for February return for warranty work. I knew it didn’t look right. It was to sunny at Sherman RV and I didn’t notice it until I arrived home.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:31 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Microwave vent?

What model year is your Phaeton?

This is something that I had thought about having added if the microwave can be vented externally.

As a side note, we only have "one speed" on our microwave exhaust - so that is on the list for our Red Bay visit.

Dale.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:39 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalemercer View Post
What model year is your Phaeton?

This is something that I had thought about having added if the microwave can be vented externally.

As a side note, we only have "one speed" on our microwave exhaust - so that is on the list for our Red Bay visit.

Dale.
Phaeton's normally have vented microwaves as standard equipment. Take a walk around your coach on the kitchen side and you should see the vent.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave P. View Post
Can someone tell me if the microwave vent is supposed to be painted on the flap? It just doesn't look right in white. Thanks
One more question, is it normal to see small amounts of construction debris every time the slides go out? I see small pieces of crushed tile and silver metal shavings on the floor with the driver side rear bunk house extended. Just the area of the bunks. I looked underneath with a flashlight and can see an unfinished area of tile. The slide operates smoothly and I am hoping it’s from the build.
The driver side front slide is the dinette with the full couch. When I retract that side it raises the inside up and gets close to the ceiling. I assume that is the white rollers lifting the slide for the return. Hopefully someone can reassure me they have seen this with their coach. Thanks
Old 04-20-2019, 12:08 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It’s not unusual to find construction debris years after you bought the coach. We bought ours last year and I am still finding junk. Last trip a sheet metal screw was dragged out with the galley slide and actually scratched the tile
You want a real sight, open up your dash, all sorts of debris in there.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:36 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
Phaeton's normally have vented microwaves as standard equipment. Take a walk around your coach on the kitchen side and you should see the vent.
Found it.... sorry for the follow up question... but this leads to "how do you turn it on/open it?".... our microwave 'recirculates' the air (from the top louvers of the microwave) inside the coach instead of exhausting it (plus it only had one speed regardless of the 'high/low' selection.
rdalemercer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave, phaeton, vent