RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2014, 05:29 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mpstingl
New Tiffin Owner

About 3 weeks ago we took delivery of our first motor home. It is a Tiffin Phaeton QBH. After spending 3 years researching MH's my wife and I decided that this was the company and model we wanted but were in for a surprise!

The surprise came from all the internet and dealer prep that there will be issues after we get our unit fortunately for us there were NO issues! I have to say that the unit we purchased has lived up to ALL of the claims made either by the Tiffin web site or our dealer (Byerly RV in MO.). Transitioning from potential customer to real customer sometimes is anticlimactic for dealers but ours has followed up with us and answered all of our questions when we send emails.

Only taken one trip (just to hot) but we have a number of them in the planning stages right now. We look forward to being part of the Tiffin community.

Mike Ponstingl

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2014, 06:48 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats and enjoy!! We have been very happy with our Tiffin. The few problems that I have had, have been resolved with a call to Tiffin. I have received a lot of help from this forum on other issues. Welcome aboard and post some pics when you get a chance.

kewag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:48 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Wellcome. I have only had minimal issues with mine. In addition to this forum, also join the Tiffin RV Network forum. For Tiffin specific info more activity there. But lots of general rv info on this forum. I read both daily.
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Great choice of MH! We had the QBH and really liked it! Welcome to the tiffin family
jjensen04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:14 PM   #5

even the po folks with a gasser are having fun with a used Tiffin. maybe the first buyer got all the bugs out of our 32CA.
allegro1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #6
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard Mike. Congrats on the new rig. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:35 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here with us.

Good luck with your new Tiffin. Happy Trails!!
Old 09-07-2014, 05:41 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Took delivery on a 2015 Allegro 32CA two weeks ago that we ordered through Dixie RV in Hammond LA. Also.. no issues to be resolved upon delivery. We are very pleased
Calliedo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:48 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

Congrats and enjoy!! Many happy safe trips !!!
jjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:40 AM   #10

Congrats! Glad things went smoothly!

We just took delivery of our 2015 Phaeton 36GH on Friday!

We are leaving tomorrow for an extended trip ( about a month) so we spent a great deal of time during the PDI to make sure all was well. There were a few minor things but they were able to fix them while we were on the lot.

Sure there might be a few more that shake out on the trip, but husband is quite handy, so as long as they stay minor we should be ok!
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Smile Tiffins the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpstingl View Post
About 3 weeks ago we took delivery of our first motor home. It is a Tiffin Phaeton QBH. After spending 3 years researching MH's my wife and I decided that this was the company and model we wanted but were in for a surprise!

The surprise came from all the internet and dealer prep that there will be issues after we get our unit fortunately for us there were NO issues! I have to say that the unit we purchased has lived up to ALL of the claims made either by the Tiffin web site or our dealer (Byerly RV in MO.). Transitioning from potential customer to real customer sometimes is anticlimactic for dealers but ours has followed up with us and answered all of our questions when we send emails.

Only taken one trip (just to hot) but we have a number of them in the planning stages right now. We look forward to being part of the Tiffin community.

Mike Ponstingl
Congratulations on your new Tiffin. The first year of MH ownership can be a little frustrating at times especially if something happens on the road. But you have purchased a MH with the absolute BEST customer service, company support and management support out there. I have had work done at the factory while travelling in the East. Aside from that everything else has been remedied in the field.

I have talked to a lotta folks in CG and service facilities about their non Tiffin company's lack of support. I always have a rebuttal to their woes. Next time buy a Tiffin because you won't get any better company support than from their service and parts folks.

Times where there's been repair where I have been over the mileage or warranty time allowance I've had the item repaired gratis without any hesitation by their folks. I always thank the service or parts personnel and their common reply is 'we want you to be happy' .
I think you will be too!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:55 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to the family!
My wife and I purchased a 2013 Allegro RED in May and are really enjoying it. It was gently used so all the bugs were worked out for us. Our only difficulty is that all the operation manuals were not there so we've had to figure some of the many systems out ourselves. We have been in contact with Tiffin and they have been very helpful and sent us a new chassis manual. I still don't understand it all but at least the answers are there somewhere.
Snyderwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:45 AM   #13

Congrats!
We are on our maiden trip in our 2015 Phaeton 36gh. We took delivery last Friday.
Had a few minor things on our pdi, but were fixed while there.

Had a few more minor things once we arrived at our first campground. Luckily hubby is handy and could make adjustments.

Biggest issue we had was the check engine light that came on during first trip.

Got error codes and called freight liner. Seems to be a known problem. Tech said it would not hurt to continue our trip till we get to a service center along our route(. It would be several hours out of the way if we had to take right away, which we would have done if urgent).

Really liking the coach so far. Hubby says it drives much easier than our last one!

Wishing you many happy journeys in you new MH!
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #14

You are going to enjoy years of enjoyment from your Tiffin. Welcome to the Family

Tags
tiffin