Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2017, 09:15 AM   #1

New To Me 2014 Phaeton 40 QBH

Just bought the 2014 Phaeton 40 QBH. I have a couple questions on it.
-How do you turn on the docking lights? Do you need to have the engine running, the headlights on or something else? I can't seem to find what to do to turn them on. None come on.
-Our 40 QBH has dual couches. How do you convert the jack knife couch behind the driver into a bed? I tried to lift up the seat and it feels like it is locked.
I do appreciate hearing from other owners on these questions.
novi2some is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2017, 09:32 AM   #2

Not sure but try turning switch by entrance door on and see if they come on while engine running and trans in reverse. In four years I have never paid attention to the docking lights. Can't help on the couch since we have a single couch opposite the fireplace and TV. That couch unfolds simply by pulling folding frame up then inflate the air mattress. ENJOY, it is a wonderful coach.
Trans. Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:09 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
The jack knife couch has a lever that needs to be slid to the side. Its located beneath the front seat cushion just above the valance. My docking lights have a switch on the dash under the radio and the ignition must be on for them to work.
curtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtsr View Post
The jack knife couch has a lever that needs to be slid to the side. Its located beneath the front seat cushion just above the valance. My docking lights have a switch on the dash under the radio and the ignition must be on for them to work.
One of the things that I did on my coach is to move the docking light wire to the always on buss in the DS front compartment. Those lights are great for setting up at night.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:31 AM   #5

Thanks. I will try it again with the ignition in the on position.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:57 PM   #6

I tried to turn on docking lights with engine running and only the left rer light came on.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:08 AM   #7

I did find the latch for the jack knife couch. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:18 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by novi2some View Post
I tried to turn on docking lights with engine running and only the left rer light came on.
Had problems with my docking lights also. At 6 months old all of them had to be replaced.
curtsr is offline   Reply With Quote