Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2019, 06:08 AM   #1

New (to me) Phaeton & rookie RVer

Hello All,

New to the forum and to RV'ing in general.

My wife and I recently purchased a 2000 Tiffin Phaeton 37' pusher with the 330CAT. We have two boys (15 & 9) and we've gone on 4 camping trips this year. We love it, and we intend to continue for years to come.

We got very lucky to move into a house that the owner built AND converted passenger buses into RVs. He has a 15x50 slab with dedicated 240V power separate from the house. (I didn't know the 30AMP plug was wired to 240V until it was too late. Luckily, the RV didn't melt and only suffered minor damage).

In the few months we've owned it, I've done a few upgrades:
- replaced all lights with LEDs from M4 products (including the headlights)
- replaced backup camera with Rearview Safety 3-camera system
- bought a Hughes Autoformer
- replaced the sewer hose with the Flowmaster set up (best move so far)
- pulled all the TV's and replaced with a 32" wall hanger in the BR and a 40" fold down in the front
- bought the King OA8500 Antenna (haven't installed it yet...probably next year)
- replaced the spotlight with an LED flood
- replaced the microwave (240v blew it up)
- minor repairs here and there

All in all, we're super happy with it. BUT, here's the latest project that I would love some help on. Currently, we have one slide, which houses a sleeper sofa and a dining table w/ 4 chairs. Across from the sleeper is a 60" sofa. When the slide is out, our boys sleep together, which isn't a huge deal yet, but they want their own place to sleep. Our dining table will be coming out to be replaced with the RecPro 44" sleeper dinette. I've heard great things so far, and my wife likes the booth set up better anyway. After showing her the Snap2 folding table set up, she liked it since she could now move the table outside and use while camping (not that I think that will actually happen). BUT, happy wife....

Here's the question: What's the best way to secure the table to the floor when traveling...or when eating on it, for that matter? I've read that these are wobbly, which makes sense as they're not secured to anything. I'm thinking some sort of tie-down strap setup on the four corners may work, but I'm not sure. I know they've sold a lot of these things...just wondering if (A) anyone here is using them and (B) if they've found the need to secure them or not...and if so, how did you do it?

Sorry for the long-winded history. Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

Phil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dixie the RV.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	264085  
gmshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2019, 01:19 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
First off I just wanted to say, Welcome to IRV2!

It sounds like you have made amazing progress in your upgrades and dodged a major bullet with the electrical system. As for securing the table, I haven't had any experience with that other than with our Allegro RED I used a couple of long bungee cords to secure the dining chairs.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:28 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Glad to have you on the board I can't give you info on how to secure the table. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but take a look to see if it will meet your needs.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
Glad to have you on the board I can't give you info on how to secure the table. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but take a look to see if it will meet your needs.

Yep, that’s what we bought. I’ll just need to find a temporary, yet stable way to secure it when we’re not using it outside.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2020, 09:17 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Hey Phil, nice to meet you. I have the same Moho as you,2002. Been on this forum for awhile looking for someone who has the same rig as we do. We’ve had ours about 1 1/2 years and love it also. We haven’t addressed your situation either, ours is still the booth/bed. If you would like to chat about our mohos, please PM me anytime. I’m in Central CA.
Npkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:43 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig.

You are joining a good group of folks here with good info to share. Read the various forums here and ask questions as they come up or add info if you can.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:45 PM   #7

Well, I got the swivel base like the one in the link below, bought the very last 42" RecPro dinette they had (allegedly), and the space I'm trying to put it in is one inch too narrow! One set of instructions online said 74 1/2" of space was needed, then I saw another that said 75 1/2". Just so everyone knows, it's 75 1/2"!!

Now, I have a $1200 dinette that I can't use...unless I rip out the sleeper sofa and cushion storage box and replace it with a smaller one.

I don't suppose there's any way to rip the table down to 29"? Recpro would happily custom make a 42X29 table that's 3 times more than their 42X30!

AND there's no way to secure the benches to the floor.

SO frustrated.

Tags
phaeton