Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2019, 08:30 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
New to us Allegro RED - questions

Hi,

After 11 years and 2 different Winnebago DP's we have moved to a 2018 Allegro RED 33AA. I have several questions that I can't seem to find answers to in the big bag of books.
- Driver side rear compartment door is stuck closed. The lock works but when the latch is lifted a kind scraping sound and no open. Any way to break into the compartment without damaging anything? This door was working fine a couple of days ago.
- Where is the switch for the engine heater? I see a breaker and the AC plug, but can't find the switch.
- Should the rear view camera switch to side view when the turn signal is activated? If yes, where is the setting for it?
- The Kenwood dash radio only works with the "radio" switch activated. I would expect this to be turned on with the ignition with the "radio" switch used when parked and ignition turned off. Is this a setting or electrical problem?

Thanks for any & all answers,
NMBluept is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2019, 11:54 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMBluept View Post
Hi,

After 11 years and 2 different Winnebago DP's we have moved to a 2018 Allegro RED 33AA. I have several questions that I can't seem to find answers to in the big bag of books.
- Driver side rear compartment door is stuck closed. The lock works but when the latch is lifted a kind scraping sound and no open. Any way to break into the compartment without damaging anything? This door was working fine a couple of days ago. Sometimes the L shaped bracket gets turned a bit causing the latch to bind. With gentle force, you should be able to open the door by lifting on it slightly as you pull the latch. It probably needs some adjustment.
- Where is the switch for the engine heater? I see a breaker and the AC plug, but can't find the switch. The REDs do not have a engine heater switch. To use the heater you just plug it in back in the bay, normally the electric bay.
- Should the rear view camera switch to side view when the turn signal is activated? If yes, where is the setting for it? Yes, the monitor should switch with the turn signals. There should be settings in the setup menu that control how the cameras are viewed. There is also a controller under the dash in the rat's nest of wires that uses the turn signal power to control which camera is displayed. If you can't get it set up correctly, then I would take it to your dealer or call Tiffin customer service. They are great to work with you and answer questions.
- The Kenwood dash radio only works with the "radio" switch activated. I would expect this to be turned on with the ignition with the "radio" switch used when parked and ignition turned off. Is this a setting or electrical problem? You are used to the Winnie way since that's the way our Itasca was set up. This is normal setup with Tiffin coaches. It's so you can use the dash radio while parked and it's powered off of the house batteries, not the chassis.

Thanks for any & all answers,
Hope this helps and congratulations on the RED!
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:16 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Lt. Dan,

Thanks for the reply.
- I got the compartment door open. Seems like the lock was not unlocking, but after fiddling with it a bit it unlocked and the door opened. As you state the L bracket was bent. I straightened and adjusted the position a bit.
- Kind of figured the engine heater didn't have a switch. I can either flip the breaker or unplug it.
- I have the R camera set to switch so guess I "get" to dig around behind the radio.
- Gotta wonder why the radio isn't run off chassis battery while engine running AND off house batteries when parked (if desired) - maybe Winnie has a better idea there.

New question: how is the engine access panel by the closet removed? I don't see any fasteners just a very small seam in the carpet.

Thanks,
Old 11-19-2019, 04:12 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
New question: how is the engine access panel by the closet removed? I don't see any fasteners just a very small seam in the carpet. Thanks,
I can't remember exactly how our RED was set up, but on some Tiffins there is a vertical panel at the closet with screws buried in the carpeting. Once you remove that panel, it lets you lift the floor panel up. On our current Phaeton, the vertical carpeted panel is hidden behind a wooden trim panel that has to be removed first. The carpeted panel on ours was a very tight fit and had to be be pried out the first time. If you can post a photo of the area someone can chime in with any corrections.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:24 PM   #5

Quote:
- Gotta wonder why the radio isn't run off chassis battery while engine running AND off house batteries when parked (if desired) - maybe Winnie has a better idea there.
FWIW, that's how my Coachmen Class B works, though it took a while for me to figure it out. I thought there was something wrong with it since it didn't go off with the key, and I was worried that it would draw the engine battery down when shut off, but as it turns out, killing the house battery switch also kills the unit. Who knew?
Old 11-20-2019, 01:39 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Found the well hidden screws holding both the vertical and horizontal engine access panels in place.

All of my questions have been answered - for now :-)

Thank you,
Old 11-25-2019, 08:47 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
If you have the Triple Vision backup camera display

To change the displayed cameras use the TRIGGER menu to modify the setting. Turn the ignition key ON and allow the Triple Vision display to initialize. It will show the logo, then the REAR camera, then the LEFT camera and then finally back to the REAR camera (normal view).

The system is put into MENU mode by pressing the M button. This will show the first menu screen. Then use the C (camera) button to scroll through the different menus. Use the > (volume) button to select the first item on the displayed menu.

Note menu screens may timeout (in about 3 seconds) and drop out of menu mode. If this happens, just begin again. Pressing the M button again will also end MENU mode.

1. Press M for MENU mode and to display the first menu. It’s the FUNCTION menu (like language, etc.) Then press C to show each subsequent menu, the next screen shows the backup LINE menu
2. Then press C again to show the SCAN menu
3. Then press C again to show the CAMERA MODES menu
4. Then press C again to show the CAMERA NAME menu
5. Then press C again to show the TRIGGER menu
6. Push volume > to select the LINE SCALE item
7. Push C to select the HAZARD item
8. Push C again to select the TRIG/3 item. This is the Left turn trigger
9. Push > until CAM3 is present. This is the left camera

Use the C again to move to the TRIG/2 item. This is the Right turn trigger, and set it the same way for CAM2.
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:54 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the detailed instructions - I'm gonna go out and give it a try later.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:58 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Brad,

That was way too easy.

Thanks,
Old 11-27-2019, 12:31 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Glad to help

Quote:
Brad,

That was way too easy.

Thanks,

It's nice to know I can write instructions that someone else can follow. I usually am writing for myself. Getting old and the memory is the second thing to go... I can't remember the first...
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro