RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2019, 07:19 PM   #1

New Wayfarer's 2020 models to begin production

I just found out that Tiffin will start production of 2020 model Wayfarers next week on the new 2019 Sprinter chassis.

Retail prices are about $9K more, give or take.

The navigation system will be supplied by Mercedes, so its included in the price as standard, along with many of the Sprinter safety features, and the leather seats will be from Mercedes and both passenger and driver are electric and heated and swivel. Color will be black. And the 7 speed transmission. Gross vehicle weight remains the same.

Side mirror cameras are not available at this time, but at a later date, and the accordian style front window shades will also be available at a later date, because of some changes to the cab.

The Truma hot water system is now standard in this price and the only option.

The 24BW floor plan is no longer available. There are 4 plans including the new 25RW plan.

New paint schemes as well as interior choices. I did note that one of the new exterior paint options is called Sea Mist and looks to be a light metallic gray on the upper portions with very little dark colors in the pattern. I like that, as in the hot South, I think it will reflect the heat better.

Travelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2019, 11:31 AM   #2

Thanks for this post as a Wayfarer is one I am considering.
FYI, Dean of LTV has a video of the new cab on Youtube. Very interesting and pretty much what has been reported over the last year.

Looking4rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:13 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Tiffin really needs to figure out how to get some weight out of these things. With some of the lowest OCCCs in the industry, their priority should be on weight savings.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:22 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I noticed at an RV show this weekend the 2 Wayfarers on display with leveling jacks also had aluminum wheels vs steel with stainless steel covers. That drops about 70 lbs before adding the weight of the jacks back in. My battle born lithium saved me weight as well given how light they are. I'd be interested in learning what jack system they are now going with to drop 50lbs there (the ones at the show still had Equalizers).

One thing the wife and I noticed is the quality of the competition is pretty crappy compared to the Wayfarer. No regrets at all on our choice of manufacturer and model. Too bad they didn't have competing units sitting side by side (show was organized by dealer, which I get).

Sorry to hear about the BW floor plan being dropped. That is the floorplan I went with and I really like it (although the sofa bed is hard as a rock to sit on and I'm debating swapping it out for recliners). The QW is close, but not quite the same IMHO. The full wall slide models with the Murphy bed look huge inside, but you lose a closed off bedroom.

Thanks for the 411.

Best,
-Mark
Old 03-17-2019, 08:54 PM   #5

But, Mark...now your BW will be a "collector car".

+++++

Wondering if Tiffin might be considering a 4500 chassis vs. 3500 ?
That changes GVWR from 11,030 to 12,125 lbs.
The 7 speed will help fuel economy a little too.
Jacjetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:53 PM   #6

No 4500 Mercedes chassis, those will not come as an RV chassis....RVs will be 3500s according to the factory sales rep.
"Don't worry, you won't hurt this 3500 chassis.' says he.
Jacjetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:13 PM   #7

It doesn’t surprise me that Tiffin is dropping the BW (rear slide out bed) since the Winnebago dealer told me in the summer of 2018 that they too were discontinuing their “G” model of the View. He said that it was the worst selling View model and that the corner bed was the biggest seller. I was surprised to hear that the corner bed (have to climb over othe other person to get out of bed to use the toilet) was the best selling View, especially when the biggest pool of purchasers are baby boomers.
Rob918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:46 PM   #8

The Tiffin Wayfarer line had two read slide out beds and they still offer the other model, the QW.

I was surprised when they announced the new RW with Murphy bed, that they didn't drop the FW Murphy bed model.

Personally, I think the new RW is much more practical, offering more living and seating space and a much nicer bathroom than any of the other models.

The decisions may have been based on prior sales and trying to limit production to no more than 4 floor plans. It will be interesting after they gain some sales experience with the RW to see if they will drop or change other floor plans.

Travelino is offline   Reply With Quote