RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Newbie has some question again!

We leave for Fl next week and have not camped yet. I have lots of questions as the walk thru at the dealer was a blur.In the pic below what is the inle on the left hat says potable water for? There is a city water hookup on the right so I am confused.
Also is the inlet marked tank flush to be used after I dump the tanks?
If I buy one of those clear elbows does it go on the black tank outlet and stick out thru the opening in the floor?

Ok whenI dewinterize do I just hook up city water. And run it thru until it runs clear instead of pink?

How do I change the filter cartridge on the right? Does it screw off? Is it full of water?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3274327641.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	435.2 KB
ID:	31624

2009 Beaver Contessa
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I think the water hook up on the right your talking about, is the gravity fill, in which you just stick your hose in and fill the tank. the one in the wet bay is what you hook the hose to in the camp ground to provide water to your coach with out using water from your tank or use your pump. you can fill the water tank when hooked to city water by turning the valve, be carefull you dont blow up your water tank using that method

hanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Did you get a set of manuals with the RV? They should answer the questions.

Ken
Old 01-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
yes on de winterizing, just run water through the system. make sure you turn the hot water bypass so it fills the hot water tank, and yes the filter screws off and yes there is water in it. I think your sales dude did a pee poor job showing you, or you didnt ask enough questions
hanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #5

Suggest going to the dealer and say "one more time". They did not do a good PDI run thru.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #6

Totally agree with CampDaven. You need to get the hookups right and it's difficult to explain all of them in the context of the forum.

J. Gilchrist
Houston
Allegro 36LA
jgilchrist80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
The water hookups are very straight forward.

From your picture, there's an inlet for gravity feed filing of the fresh water tank on the left (right next to the base of the shower) (basically if you just have a hose and you just want to fill your fresh water tank but won't be leaving it connected (many Provincial Parks in Ontario don't have water and the sites and you have to use a common hose like this which doesn't always have a threaded collar so you have to use this inlet). If you are using a city water connection, it's the inlet on the right at the top. As marked, the yellow handle switches the water (from the city water connection) to 'regular use' (position the handle is in right now - that's where you'll want it 90% of the time) to fresh water tank fill position (if you turn the handle 90 degrees clockwise (you should probably remove the cap off the inlet for gravity fill when filing the tank). On the top left, there's another inlet, I'm pretty sure that's a hose connection to flush out your dark tank (i.e. after you empty your dark tank, you can connect a hose there to run clean water through to get rid of anything remaining).

For the filter, it's that cylinder on the right. it will spin off and is full of water and inside there's a cartridge filter that you can replace (or probably clean in bleach solution every once in a while). I think the cartridge is meant to be replaced every year.

As far as draining the fresh water tanks and lines, on the bottom left, you'll see the blue and red hose, on then (just visible in the picture), there are 2 green valves - if the valves are open (pointing down), the fresh tanks will drain. There's probably also one of these on the bottom right in front of the water pump. I'm actually not 100% sure if this is to drain the pump or if it's simply to close the circuit when you want to winterize (more on this later).

For winterizing, you should also have a short section of hose (maybe 2-3 feet) with a threaded end that fits on the pump. To get antifreeze into the system, you might have to close that valve that was on the end of the pump (not sure about that), then you'd undo the threaded end from the line coming into the pump and then thread this piece of hose onto the pump and put the other end into your container of antifreeze and then the pump will suck up the antifreeze and push it into the pipes. Your hot water tank bypass is actually behind everything on the right and it's accessed front the storage compartment next to it on the left (there's a hole in the wall to fit your hand and somewhere in there, there's a valve or two (I've never actually looked)).

Hope this helps.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:57 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Michelb

Thanks a bunch. Very helpful.I think I have it all figured out except the rewinterizing but I have a
Month in Fl to work on that before comings
Back to Indiana. Its about 15 * here this morning and we are heading out.

2009 Beaver Contessa
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote