Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2018, 05:49 PM   #1

No sewer hose storage on wayfarer

I just bought a 2019 Wayfarer 25 QW. As I was getting it ready for camping I noticed there was no place to store the sewer hose. Short of getting on my back and crawling under the coach to install an aftermarket sewer hose storage tube does anyone have any other ideas. A bucket with a lid? A storage bag of some sort? What are other Wayfarer owners using to store their sewer hose? Any help would be good. Tiffin said they would bring it to engineering departments attention. The dealer is useless.
jkeithmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2018, 06:14 PM   #2

maybe get someone to attach a pvc pipe with a screw on cap under the motorhome that will hold the sewer hose? Dave
Old 06-20-2018, 06:55 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I have two hoses. After I’m done dumping, I rinse each hose, squish each down separately and separately connect the ends together. When each is squished down, they’re pretty small and they both store in my wet bay, including other attachments, very easily. Looking at the Tiffin manual online for your rig, it seems this scenario may work for just putting them in your wet bay.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:48 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
As far as I know there isn't any built in sewer hose storage for any of the coaches, at least at the Phaeton level and below. On some there is room in the wet bay to coil up a hose, but no actual storage place. A plastic storage bin or as suggested hook then ends together and store it in the bay,
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:55 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I put my sewer hoses on a plastic storage bin along with all the sewer connectors I need and put it in a storage bay. No fussing with the hose now.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:30 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
On all of our motorhomes I used a bin. The "dominato'r hose collaspes like a slinky and we use end caps. Did this even when we had the class C. Plenyt of room for a bin and keeps it waay from other stuff.
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:16 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
On my TW I have room for three sewer hoses and all the adapters plus chemicals in the outside compartment that houses the sewer drain connection, is the QW different?
Magna #6225
42 Resort 505
Carl & Shelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeithmc View Post
I just bought a 2019 Wayfarer 25 QW. As I was getting it ready for camping I noticed there was no place to store the sewer hose. Short of getting on my back and crawling under the coach to install an aftermarket sewer hose storage tube does anyone have any other ideas. A bucket with a lid? A storage bag of some sort? What are other Wayfarer owners using to store their sewer hose? Any help would be good. Tiffin said they would bring it to engineering departments attention. The dealer is useless.

When we had our 11 Navion on similar sprinter chassis, I had to fit a 6” pvc pipe under rear to accommodate the hose. Other option is to use a macerator pump and smaller hose to dump with. Good luck with new coach.
Rusty Hinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:47 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Try the "sewer solution" product. Coils up into about. 12 inch coil for storage in the sewer bay. The hose has been flushed clean before you remove it, so no stink. Have used it since 2010 when we got our first coach, an experienced suggested it to us newbies. Great product.
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:37 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
My sewer hoses store fine in my Wayfarer sewer bay

Have a 2018 Wayfarer 24BW. After I rotate the sewer connection up and out of the way in the sewer bay, I'm able to place a hose on the bottom of the bay. I'm also able to store a second sewer extension hose, a 25' "non-potable" hose coiled up, all my sewer attachments and tools in a small tub, as well as a box of gloves in that same bay. Are you rotating your sewer connection (between the grey and black dump valves) up and out of the way? If you don't rotate it up out of the way between the two valves I can see where it would eat up space that you could be using to store the hoses.

I don't have to store anything sewer related in my fresh water wet bay at all.

Best,
-Mark
MarkMaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage