Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2017, 08:35 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Non dimmable LED's dim when a 2nd set is engaged

We have a 2017 Allegro Bus 40 SP... 1st scenario- When the Button for the task lights is pushed they only seem to come on 1/2 the normal brightness...then while they are on and the ceiling led accent light button is pushed they dim even further...2nd scenario...With task and accents off...In either bathroom a ceiling light button is pushed they are 1/2 the normal brighness then if a variety light button is pushed both seem to dim even further. This is happening on the non dimmable lights on the bus.....My thought is a bad main spider switch touch screen panel on the bedroom wall...when pushed it seems change color under finger pressure...Ive tried the 12 V reset and that didn't help...your thoughts ?
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2017, 11:05 PM   #2

Don't have any answer for you but suggest you post your issue on the Tiffin RvNetwork website. I am sure someone there will have ideas for you.
gandl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:35 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Rodney;

That sounds like it might be a low voltage problem to the circuits. You might try pulling the main Spyder panel in the bedroom and check all of the molex connectors on the back. Sometimes the connections don't get pushed all the way into the plugs and are just barely making contact. Also, you might pull one of the LEDs out of the task lights and check the voltage to the fixture.

EDIT: Looking at the Spyder pinouts for the 2017 Bus and Phaeton, the rear bath, mid bath and task lights are on the same connector, #4. If it's not a connection, then circuit board "B" may be defective.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spyder-2017-Bus-Pinouts-1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	187426  
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I never realized my lights were adjustable. My wife showed me how when a light set is turned on, it has a default setting. By pushing the on button additional times after the lights are on, they get brighter. What a neat system
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:33 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfreiberger View Post
I never realized my lights were adjustable. My wife showed me how when a light set is turned on, it has a default setting. By pushing the on button additional times after the lights are on, they get brighter. What a neat system
Another trick of the Spyder system is with the power roof vents. If you just push the button they open, but if you hold the button down for a second or two the cover will start to open and you just release the button when it's open as far as you want. That way you don't have to open all the way if it's raining. This only works on '16 and newer Spyder systems.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led