RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Opinion on Allegro Bus

Looking for opinions on a 2010 Allegro Bus 42 QGP. Any thing of concern? Build quality, issues? Seems I have read that Tiffin was having some issues with wet bay floors and rear caps, but I don't know what or what years. Any info is appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
This coach may need wet bay and cap rails but Tiffin gives you years to bring it in to an authorized dealer and the repairs are free. If there are any structural or poor workmanship issues with this coach Bob Tiffin will make it right for you, that's how Tiffin works.

IMHO the 08-10 Tiffin models are the best out there as they were all built during the economy slump where only 4 coaches a day were coming off the line and they were being built by the best workers.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by itgeekgal View Post
This coach may need wet bay and cap rails but Tiffin gives you years to bring it in to an authorized dealer and the repairs are free. If there are any structural or poor workmanship issues with this coach Bob Tiffin will make it right for you, that's how Tiffin works.

IMHO the 08-10 Tiffin models are the best out there as they were all built during the economy slump where only 4 coaches a day were coming off the line and they were being built by the best workers.
With Winnebago you don't have to call the 83 year old owner of the company, you can just call customer service and they do a great job. What happens if something happens to Bob Tiffin, heaven forbid. Nothing wrong with Tiffin, but don't buy into the company owner calling you, as that is junk on a long term buy.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #4

You'll have to do some research to see if the 2010 models had the roof rail and wet bay problem If so your next step is to find out if the coach has been to Red Bay for the repair. Once taken care of I would not hesitate to put the Bus on the top of my list. Tiffin builds quality MHs.
Hop over to the Tiffin forum, other 2010 Bus owners can add more info.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
I tried to get on the Tiffin forum, but when I registered it said no becasue my email is already in use (I suspect there was a time I must have registered and forgot my password). So I went to the forgot password spot and put my email address in to have it sent to me and it said my email was not in the system..LOL So i can't register because my email has a password already and I can't get my password becasue my email is not registered.....LOL So i sent admin an email, maybe in days/weeks/months they will reply and I can get logged on. Until then.....tick tock