Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2014, 05:25 AM   #1

Our heated floors and aqua hot

What a difference between keeping our last 2007 Phaeton and our new 2014 Phaeton 42LH as far as heating!!
Even though not that cold compared to the rest of the nation it was just under 35 degrees last night and the heated floors alone kept it at 64 degree's inside when I got up this morning. (no wind)
With the aqua hot set to electric I set the thermostat to 70 and kicked on the fireplace and it was 70 within roughly 15 min. AND QUIETLY!!! The aqua hot kicked off and the heated floors and fireplace has held the temp at 70 for the last hour without any other assistance.
I'm impressed so far. Just thought I would share.
A side note,, so far we have never had to kick on our diesel burner in order to have enough hot water for showers. Even if we take them 1/2 hour apart. Have not tried it in temps lover that the 40's yet but still happy none the less.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
SCS

Tiffin Owners Club
This is really interesting and I wonder if its a possible add on. Our tiffin floor is terribly cold, even here in Florida. Considered heat tape underneath, but some thought this would not work. Big show in Tampa, maybe its time to upgrade?
Old 01-08-2014, 05:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS View Post
This is really interesting and I wonder if its a possible add on. Our tiffin floor is terribly cold, even here in Florida. Considered heat tape underneath, but some thought this would not work. Big show in Tampa, maybe its time to upgrade?
It would be very tough to have it done for sure. The heated mat is under the tile, then sandwiched between plywood.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:24 AM   #4

HDRider, couldn't agree with you more. I am so impressed with the ability of the heated floors and fire place to keep the coach warm in temps down to about 34. Earlier this year we were in Indy with temps in the upper 20s. Floor heat, fireplace, and AquaHot on electric only kept the coach warm.
So far, with only a couple of exceptions, we only use the diesel burner to take showers. Might not need it then when the incoming water warms up a bit.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS View Post

The Aqua-Hot itself is not an add-on after market unit. It has to be installed at the factory.

The electric heated floors can be added if you are willing to rip up the entire floor coverings, add the heated mats and install all new sub-floor & floor covering.

There is an add-on diesel fired heating and instant hot water unit that is available called Espar. A friend of mine had one installed in his 40 foot 2003 Monaco Diplomat and loves it.

Espar - Mobile Comfort - Eberspächer

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #6
gjw

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
The Aqua-Hot itself is not an add-on after market unit. It has to be installed at the factory.

The electric heated floors can be added if you are willing to rip up the entire floor coverings, add the heated mats and install all new sub-floor & floor covering.

There is an add-on diesel fired heating and instant hot water unit that is available called Espar. A friend of mine had one installed in his 40 foot 2003 Monaco Diplomat and loves it.

Espar - Mobile Comfort - Eberspächer

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Not sure if this helps, but...

Radiant heat can be added under your existing floor. In this situation, hydronic radiant heat (water circulating through pipes) would be easier to install than electric mat radiant heat.
  • Electric mat radiant heat is best when sandwiched between the subfloor and the finish material, be it wood, tile, or carpet.
  • Since your new flooring is already in place, hydronic radiant heat is a more practical choice. The tubes can be fastened to the underside of the subfloor with staples.
  • Then a radiant barrier can be installed below the tubes to ensure that the heat remains focused on the flooring and living space above.
I also see plenty of ads for add on "mats" (SECTIONS OF HEATING MATS (120v?)...
2020 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0T 2LZ FWD
gjw is offline   Reply With Quote