Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2015, 01:50 PM   #15

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcquinn View Post
Exactly what we plan to do... thanks
On further thought, be careful of those salespeople. If they're claiming an outside TV is critical for resale, be aware you don't need a left handed smoke shifter for campfires or a Roomba for your patio.

I'm in the process of helping my daughter shop for a car, I've not met a salesperson that can tell the truth yet. Also, NEVER let them know on the internet you're looking for a particular car, your mailbox and phone will be full within hours from every dealer in the region just wanting to 'help' you.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2015, 01:50 PM   #16

Must be the current sales talking point. We heard the same thing from our salesman. But, since we were buying a coach on the dealer's, it didn't make any difference.

We do use the outside TV to watch baseball in the summer, but that's about it. Have to admit that I do enjoy having the game on outside while I'm grilling.

I seriously doubt if I'd order a coach with the outside TV.
BillL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #17

I would buy coach without it and go Walmart if I wanted one.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Love mine. DW still works and needs the inside during the day. Would not be without outside tv and kitchen. Resale I dunno. I have things inside I never use but would not want them gone. JD
Hogbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #19

We're in the market for a used Class A DP now. I wouldn't consider having an outdoor TV a negative (as long as it didn't take too much storage space) but having one as a selling point for resale? Not in a million years would that stop us from a purchase. Sales hype -- like I've said in the past - rank of salesperson integrity from best to worst is as follows;

1) New car sales person
2) Used car sales person
3) New boat sales person
4) Used boat sales person
5) Any aircraft sales person
6) RV sales person

JMHO --- Dan
996Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:08 PM   #20

Comments of not wanting or using one surprised me. I wouldn't have a motorhome without it. At the resort that we stay at during the winter in Florida, most people have them and use them frequently. We do a lot of grilling outside and watch ours almost everyday. Those that don't have one, usually are sitting watching their neighbors. The location is a shallow compartment in the kitchen area and doesn't take any noticable space inside. I don't recall what the additional initial cost was, but having one covers all bases when selling.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:46 PM   #21

I have all 4 TVs on my little 31SA gasser.

An outside TV was a must for me on our first MH purchase. Plus, being able to order the Tiffin pre-wire for Direct TV traveler was nice too.

We (ok, "I") use it all the time....... My wife likes it too since I'm outside watching sports, she can have peace and quiet inside. Nothing better than watching an F1 race at 8:00 am with a cup of coffee outside, a cold beer and NASCAR and now football season in the afternoon or evening. Yep, love it!

And we actually use the front overhead TV more than I thought we would too when we just want to quickly catch something without plopping down on the couch to watch the main TV in the "living room".

On a Phaeton that is 2-3x what my gasser cost, I would expect the Outside TV, the front overhead TV, and the fireplace (if we by some chance ever think about buying one......).
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:59 PM   #22

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. Heck, I wouldn't even require a BR television.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:00 PM   #23

Gulf Streamers Club
I guess I'm an old fogey, but I prefer a book or sounds of nature. I had an uncomfortable experience at a campsite neighbor who thought everyone for 10 sites around wanted to listen to Jeff Foxworthy's "You must be a redneck" routine at full volume. I concluded you must be a redneck if you impose your entertainment on everyone else around without consideration of what they might want to listen to. My RV has the power and antenna hook up in a compartment, but I don't go camping somewhere to turn my back on the scenery and stare at a screen with reflections and sunlight washing out the details. I can do that at home or inside the RV. JMHO

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:44 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
We have used our outside TV 2 in the last year - it's actually difficult to watch TV outside in the sunshine.

But the times we did use it were GREAT. Once, a movie under the stars, and last month I put on the Republican presidential debates, and everybody in the campground gathered around.

Luckily, no fistfights....
Old 10-06-2015, 05:04 PM   #25

Have admit that I never thought we would use ours. However, I have been surprised how much we do use it. Morning cup of coffee and the news and certainly watching football. Like I said didn't think I would ever use but I have.
rtdavew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:04 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I find that a lot of people love to say I got the outside TV, But I never really see anyone using it.
I don,t have it because it was not offered in 2012 and I probably would rarely ever sit out there and watch it.
He's selling another extra !
jjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:06 PM   #27

If you get talked into the TV, be sure to also get the special dealer applied clear coating for the outside of the coach. Salesman will get another sucker bonus from his manager. Dave
Old 10-06-2015, 05:11 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Id take the electric dog polisher before an outside TV any day!
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale