RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Panasonic TV for 2007 AB

I have a problem with the front living room TV (Panasonic TC-32LX60) in my 2007 Allegro Bus. It does not turn on. I get two sort blinks after a long pause on the LED on the TV and no picture at all. A friend told me that it may be the power supply inside the TV. Does anyone have any ideas? If I do need to replace it, any recommendation as to what kind (size wise)? The front cabinet opening is 22"x31". Thanks

srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #2

I have the same problem on a 2008 Bus. Unplugging the TV and re-connecting it solves the problem for a few days. Don't know how long this can continue, but so far so good.

perfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
srh

Monaco Owners Club
I'll try unplugging it, and see if it does anything. I will call Panasonic too to see if they have any suggestions. I'll let you know if I find a solution.
Thank you kindly!

SRH
Old 11-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Here is the esponse I received from Panasonic:

"We recommend that you remove the TVs power cord from its power source. Then unplug all HDMI cables from the TV. Finally, test the TV with a different power outlet and no HDMI cables inserted in the TV."

I did the above and it seems to work. How long it will stay working needs to be seen. Right now my coach in storage (parked in my pole barn) and not beeing used. I have to wait until spring to really test it

SRH
Old 11-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #5

Not impressed with Panasonic. Mine lost part of the menu. I couldn't find video 1 or component. They just dissapeared. So I took it out and sold it for $30 on craigs list. Put in a Vizio that weighs only 11 pounds and draws 44 watts. Very happy I did.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
TV Options

We too have that TV in the 2007 AB. Our next project is to replace it and the boat anchor in the bedroom with modern light weight units.

We were in Red Bay last month and saw several aftermarket installations, and some being done by Tiffin. There is no need to fit "into" the existing hole, the soft trim around the box looks great with a larger set mounted up against it. the only real creative work is in finding the mount you want on the internet and modifying the box structure a bit to accommodate the mount. You can actually get a 42 or 46 inch diagonal screen up there with some creative work on the existing storage box covers in the overhead.

Of course great TV depends on the right satellite system -- and that is another story.
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #7
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you for your informative feedbacks. As I said in my last post, it appears to be working, but don't know for sure as I do not have cable connection to test it right now. It is an old unit and weighs some 40 lbs and replacing it with a lighter unit and perhaps a larger 42" or 46" as suggested by LarriKin, would be the thing to do.
Before this, my wife worked with the wires and now my DVD player, also a Panasonic, gives me an error 61. I had this before and and reconnected the speaker wires in the back and started working. Do you have any issues with your DVD player?
Thanks, again and have a great day!
SRH
Old 11-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had the Panasonic also. While driving, the 6 inch wide plastic that is on the top of the TV is too thin and therefor flexes and made a squeeking noise that drove me nuts. I replaced it with a Vizio.