RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #1

Peak Final Charge Global antifreeze

Has anyone out there found Peak Final Charge Global antifreeze for sale online in single gallon lots? No one within 90 miles of here in Ridgway, CO stocks this antifreeze. They will order it for me but I must buy a case of 6 gallons. I only need one gallon of the undiluted.

If you know of a vendor which will sell in one gallon lots, please let me know via my e-mail: gdo@ouraynet.com

Thanks,
Dick

Echo & Peach our Shih Tzus
Dick Osterhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #2

Is this what you are looking for? I also have been looking. I was told by Freightliner that my chasis was filled with Old World antifreeeze when it left the factory.

Amazon.com: Old World Automotive Product Pcab53 Sca-precharged Antifreeze: Automotive

Regards,
Aubrey Page
2010 Allegro RED

AubreyPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Try calling a local oil change facility that also does antifreeze changes. My local oil lube guy will fill & sell me one gallon any day of the week! Isn't Ridgeway within 90 miles of Grand Junction? Montrose has an oil change facility on the south side -- I kinda remember it near the City Market / Tractor Supply store area.
iRV4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #4

Peak Final Charge Global antifreeze hunt

To: iRV4FUN, They don't have Peak Final Charge.

To: AubreyPage, The Frightliner antifreeze is not the same as Peak Final Charge. Final Charge does not require SCA precharge and does not require checking at intervals for the addition of SCA. At 300,000 miles it is necessary to add a booster charge. Final charge is also made by Old World.

To both of you, thanks for the reply.

Happy and safe and trouble free travels

Echo & Peach our Shih Tzus
Dick Osterhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Napa and Pep Boys will order it for you. Have you tried them? Can't say if they will do 1 gallon or not because we ordered enough to change our coach over from Fleet Charge to Final Charge. Hope this helps.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #6

So help me understand. For my Freightliner (2010 XCR chassis with Cummins ISB 6.7) what I need is Peak Final Charge? My Freightliner maintenance manual requires an annual test strip check of the antifreeze. Among other things it checks the SCA levels. Mine exceeded the requirement at the 15,000 mile/1 Year service interval. At the Camp Freightliner class, I was told that my vehicle left the factory with Old World coolant. That's all I wrote down. I also noticed that they sold Fleet antifreeze at the parts desk at Gaffney. I found Fleet, pre charged with SCA, at OReilly auto parts today. It was $12 for a gallon of 5/50 mix. I was afraid to buy it because I did not want to mix it with Old World. However the main ingredient was Ethylene Glycol.

Why is this so hard?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleet Charge 50/50 is Old World product and is what comes in Cummins Engines. FINAL charge is what some are changing to because it does not require testing, etc. They are 2 completely different products with names too close to each other. There is a downside to Final Charge: you have to completely flush the whole system with distilled water about 5 times to remove all Fleet Charge before you can put in Final Charge. The big problem, if you don't have a professional do this for you, is disposal of the old Fleet Charge coolant and the contaminated distilled water. It is a real process to go through. However, once done, Final Charge has a lot of pluses beside not having to test. Most don't change from Fleet Charge though because of the expense and diffficulty.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #8

To Melmoses: So my chassis left the Freightliner factory with Fleet Charge? You stated that Cummins uses this but the Anti Freeze was added by Freightliner when the chassis was assembled. The engine arrived in Gaffney dry. Mike Cody of Camp Freightliner did say that the Antifreeze did not contain SCA if I remember right. But that you were still required to test annually. When I did with the Fleetgard test strip, the bottom row (the SCA test row) was a dark color off the charts to the right. The only valid result was the freeze temperature and I’m not so sure of that now.

Thanks for the information. This is interesting.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
This is interesting. I talked with Freightliner Service when we bought our coach in Jan 2010. He stated that all Freightliner chassis have the Fleet Charge coolant. I should have asked what year your coach was - maybe Freightliner has changed? I have had to test the SCA's with Fleet Charge. We are supposed to change over to Final Charge in Sept. From the sound of what Mike Cody told you, you might already have Final Charge? It is the only one I know of that does not specifically require testing.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #10

To Melmoses: I have a 2010 Allegro RED on a Freightliner XCR Chassis with the Cummins ISB 6.7 L engine. Explain what you mean that you are supposed to change over to Final Charge in September?

I still think I am supposed to test annually. However when I did in June this year, the results were squirrely.

I sent an email yesterday to Freightliner service asking for clarification about which antifreeze is in my coach but have not yet received a reply. I will call them if I don't receive a reply soon. I am getting ready for a long trip and I want to carry some antifreeze with me.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
What we have done is chose to change to Final Charge which is longer lasting (supposedly) and doesn't require testing. It was our choice to do this, nothing was required about it. We could stay with Fleet Charge that came in our coach but, after listening to pros and cons, decided it was worth it to do the change over. What I meant (badly worded it didn't I?) by "supposed" is that we are scheduled for the changeover in Sept and haven't had it done yet.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #12

Freightliner Owners Club
I hope this does not add to the confusion:
Final Charge coolant is available here from PEP Boys, 1 gallon jugs off the shelf. BUT only in 50/50 premix. Full Strength Detroit Diesel Power Cool Plus (Their Part # 23519397) is available here from Empire Trucking (Freightliner dealer). It is the same product as Final Charge according to Old World Industries. Both coolants are OAT base, long life.
Old World makes several brands and various types of antifreeze/coolants, including the PEAK automotive antifreeze, diesel coolants with and without SCA additives and Organic Acid. The various types do not mix, Even early OAT coolants can't mix with the later formulas. You need to know the specific Old World antifreeze that is in your engine and it's requirements. Like 'Melmoses" I choose to change to the OAT Final Charge because it's more convenient in the long run.

"Spike45" has an excellent discussion in this thread, it is long. but informative.
Cooling, Filtration and Lubrication

Hope this helps...

Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote