Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2015, 06:27 AM   #1

Question Phaeton 2013 tire minder booster

I have a 2013 Phaeton 40 QBH. I need to install my tire minder booster. I was thinking about in the closet at the rear of the coach. I looked at tapping into the wiring in the closet but there doesn't seem to be enough power there. Any suggestions?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2015, 06:42 AM   #2

On my 05 Allegro bus I installed mine in the rear closet and tapped it into the closet light. Worked fine for the 6 years I had it.
steved44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:56 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just finished installing mine there.
The right side wall of the closet is hollow.

I took off the vanity light switch plate to get access to the wiring harness.
You need a constant hot, AND a Gnd, which are not available in the closet ceiling lights.

I mounted my repeater on the back edge of the side wall, and drilled a small hole in the side wall. Don't go too high with the hole becasue there is cross bracing in the wall.

I pushed in all of the power cable, and using a flexible grabber claw, I was able to grab it from inside the wall and pull it out through the wall plate cutout.

The back wall has some metal plates, and more difficult to screw into, so I took the easy route.

Big improvement and no longer loosing the toad sensor signals.

Regards,

Dan
Old 08-13-2015, 08:18 AM   #4

Friend of mine has a 2009, Tiffin Phaeton, with a Mercedes 330hp engine. Neither of us can find the oil filter. We were going to change the oil but this has us stumped. Looked all over underneath, but due to much extra work, haven't pulled the hatch up in the bedroom. That where it is?
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:40 PM   #5

Moderator could you move my above post to the correct thread. I posted in wrong place and can't move it.
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mborow View Post
I have a 2013 Phaeton 40 QBH. I need to install my tire minder booster. I was thinking about in the closet at the rear of the coach. I looked at tapping into the wiring in the closet but there doesn't seem to be enough power there. Any suggestions?
I was going to install mine in the same closet position until I read that someone installed a 12V cigarette lighter plug on the end of the wires, and plugged it in the toad when needed, instead of installing permanently in the coach 12V circuit. It works very well that way. I have a Brake Buddy, so I purchased a dual receptacle plug in order to plug both in my toad at the same time.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:00 AM   #7

What wires did you use to connect the booster?
Old 08-14-2015, 07:45 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mborow View Post
What wires did you use to connect the booster?
Not sure who your asking because you did not "Quote".
Short story, I used the wrong wire at first, ant the booster only came on when I turned on the vanity light
Problem is I picked up the switched side instead of the hot side for power.

You "should" find one loom with a Red & White wire (you really need a test light and sharp probe". The White should be ground, and the Red is switched.
Get your ground on the White.

Then get your constant hot from one terminal of the vanity light switch. It should be labeled "Vanity Fused".

Always check with a test light.
And if you use a grounded soldering iron, make sure you kill the 12v when soldering, or isolate the soldering iron ground....else you will blow a fuse because the iron will short out your 12v.

Regards,

Dan
Old 08-16-2015, 06:54 PM   #9

Check engine light on

2013 Pheyton 40QBH Freightliner, cummins Isc 380. Check engine light on. At Tiffin rally in Columbus Indiana. Can anyone tell me how, where I can get the fault codes read.