RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2014, 06:53 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Picking up 2015 Allegro 36LA

With our research & all the comments on the forum, we pulled the trigger & bought a 2015 Allegro 36LA. Traveling from northern Arkansas, we will pick it up at Northside RVs in Lexington, KY on the 20th.

This is our first motor home & we are both excited about spending 3 weeks on the road. Itís going to be a different experience from that of our travel trailer!

Hope the dealerís pre-delivery check out is thorough.

Weíll let you know how the first couple of days goes. Thanks to everyone for all the thoughts & comments posted here.

Dave & Julie C.

Caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #2

If you get over to Ashville, NC check out ashvillebearcreek.com it's at exit 47 on I40. Were going up there Saturday for a week. Besure to check out tv and sat. to besure they work. For some reason the tv's working seems to be the most important thing to my wife. Dave

allegro1x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Heading to Asheville also

After our check out in Lexington, we're heading to Momma Gerty's just off I40 east of Asheville. Great views there. Cable TV works also.
Dave
Old 10-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #4

Gerties looks really good. We're members of a Good Sam Club that have a group campout once a month (mar. - nov.). The members of this club feel like they can't do without a rally room or house to eat at and play dominoes. I'll keep Gerties on my personal list of campgrounds. Good time to be in the Blueridge Mtns. Dave
allegro1x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #5

Hope your delivery goes well. We have ours for a year now and love every minute we spend traveling in it. The best modifications we have made were: replacing the mattress with a sleep number, tossing the Euro Chair for a LaZboy leather recliner, and altering the sofa bed frame to allow enough of room to walk between the bed and fireplace and not having to crawl over it.
Have fun!
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:16 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have kids in Asheville & visit often & there are lots of good restaurants. I don't think I ever had a bad meal there.

Another nice park with great views is Campfire Lodgings in north Asheville just off I-26. They have about 8-10 spots that overlook the French Broad River. But I don't think they have a meeting hall.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caswelld View Post
After our check out in Lexington, we're heading to Momma Gerty's just off I40 east of Asheville. Great views there. Cable TV works also.
Dave
Check with Jan about dates. They close the cabins and bath houses in the fall because those units don't have heat. Maybe not hot water, either?

The higher numbered pads are supposed to have the best views, but seems they close them due to high winds. Be prepared.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:25 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab449 View Post
Hope your delivery goes well. We have ours for a year now and love every minute we spend traveling in it. The best modifications we have made were: replacing the mattress with a sleep number, tossing the Euro Chair for a LaZboy leather recliner, and altering the sofa bed frame to allow enough of room to walk between the bed and fireplace and not having to crawl over it.
Have fun!
The sleep number is likely in our future as well. We have one at home & love it.

I have a question regarding the satellite antenna. How do we get Direct TV? Do we hook up our DVR from home somewhere in the coach? The salesman didn't know at the time we talked.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
The wind can howl on the upper terrace! We stayed there in July & loved it. The decks at the sites are a nice touch.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:55 PM   #10

My coach had a Direct TV receiver in it and I have Direct TV at home. I just activated the one that came with it on my home plan for, I think, $7 a month. Your dome should be set for Direct TV. Turn the receiver on, the TT, and the dome and your good to go. You do have to set the TV input to Satellite.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #11

The AV center is behind the bedroom TV. Lift up on the bottom of the door frame the TV is attached to. Mine takes a pretty good jerk to open the catch. The door and TV attached are hinged at the top.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:24 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the info. Direct TV is great! Our 36LA comes with the sat antenna, so I'm sure it's the same. No more stringing the cable or wondering if we can see the football game.

Julie has been X-ing off the days until we head to Lexington. Our only experience with a motorhome was about 8 yrs ago, we rented a class C for a couple of weeks. It was nothing like the Allegro.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #13

We are doing the same unit in a month or so. Would like to stay in touch in the future in that we are heading out for 3-4 month. Ben and Karen
bbprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:24 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
We are leaving for Lexington, KY after church Sunday & hope to be at Northside RVs before noon. I thought it might be interesting to chronicle our adventure with a new MH. Like all buyers, we are really interested in the quality of the dealer checkout of the Allegro.