Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2017, 11:05 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin mentioned there wasn't a circuit board for the rear slide and is why I could not find one. Perhaps smaller electric motor for rear slide does not need one; but something reverses the polarity in the electric motor. Park brake off still allows rear slide to work. Weird!
Frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2017, 06:51 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
Tiffin mentioned there wasn't a circuit board for the rear slide and is why I could not find one. Perhaps smaller electric motor for rear slide does not need one; but something reverses the polarity in the electric motor. Park brake off still allows rear slide to work. Weird!
The circuit board controls BOTH slides, which controls the polarity for the motor, when you get your new one in, look at where the wiring harness connects.

I mentioned it in an earlier post

"That control board operates both slides, there are 6 wires on the bottom, 12v, ground, one for each slide, one for in, and one for out."
Old 08-19-2017, 10:42 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
I beg to differ but I have had that circuit board completely removed and rear slide still works, so either the rear slide does not need a circuit board or it's location is still a mystery.
Frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:27 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
I beg to differ but I have had that circuit board completely removed and rear slide still works, so either the rear slide does not need a circuit board or it's location is still a mystery.

I stand corrected, you are right.

WOW, I am sure the rear slide has a fuse or circuit breaker, would really like to know where that is located.

Thanks for making me aware of the rear slide.

Kind of makes you wonder why there is a circuit board for the front slide.

Let me know if you find out any more details.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #19

I know this is an old thread but....I'm having the reverse problem. My rear slide won't work but the front slides do. Does anyone know if the 14-1130 operates the rear slide?
I am not getting 12v at either end of my sloblow fuse or reset breaker

Thanks in Adv for any help
prorott01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:35 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Have you tried checking the relay and all the other stuff mentioned previously? I have had this problem since I bought my 06 Tiffin open road. I have replaced the battery. I have replaced the solenoid. That seemed to work for a while. Now I am back to holding the in/out switch and kicking/moving the bed to make it work. I know this didn't help much, but start troubling shooting the easy stuff first. I will be working on mine AGAIN. If I succeed, I will definetly pass it on. I will be watching this post again for other ideas.
Bob
Bangorbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 05:59 AM   #21

Both relays are soldered on the board so can't check the pass thru, or lack of, voltage. The relay on the right side clicks but nothing else. No voltage gets to the fuse or reset breaker on the board. I put power to the motor and can get slide in & out, so I know it isn't the motor. Checked the rocker switch and it's working correctly

Thx for the response
Old 08-17-2019, 07:02 PM   #22

Update: new board came in this afternoon. Replaced old board and good to go now. Whoever said the rear slide doesn't use a board got some bad information. ALL of the slides use a board with the relays on them.
Anyway reading the whole thread got me on the right track and I was able to trouble shoot it down and fix the issue

Tags
power, power gear