Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Motorhomes Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2017, 11:32 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Power Gear 14-1130 circuit board

The power gear circuit board, 14-1130, is giving me issues. Actually just one issue. Front slide does not go in or out. I have trouble shot the heck out of it to no avail. I need information as to what solved your issue with this electrical component. Did you have grounding problems; did you have fuse issues; did replacing the board solve anything? Did anyone find soldering troubles on the back of the circuit board? Any thoughts on this would be welcome. Thanks....No slide, no ride. :(

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2017, 09:12 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Year and model of coach would be helpful.

You may also want to try the Tiffin RVNetwork website.

luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:45 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
2004 Allegro Bay 37' db gas engine. This power Gear unit is used in many types of motor homes.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:30 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
How do you know its the circuit board?

One time I had the same issue, and it was the solenoid, located in the passenger side bay door, behind the front wheel.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:38 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Here is a picture of the solenoid, you should have 12v where my finger is pointing.

Also make sure your RV is NOT running, slides will not work with RV running.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170814_193344[1].jpg
Views:	8
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	172970  
Old 08-14-2017, 07:50 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
There is also a slo blo fuse on the slide CB, (yellow arrow)

Also there are 3 circuit breakers in line, if you don't have 12v on them, there is a little black button you push to reset it.

Red Arrows you should have 12v on them, make sure your Salemans switch is ON
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Slide Solenoid.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	172972  
Old 08-14-2017, 08:19 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Very good information sir. I had been concentrating mostly on the circuit board. I will dwell on your suggestions. Thank you very much.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:45 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I have 12v to all 3. I have tested CB for continuity. Testing ground to in or out shows .95 reading on both. All other wires show 0.00 Where, exactly, is the Salesman switch on your coach as it should be the same as mine. By the way, your pictures are awesome and helpful. Where is the black reset button you mentioned. On the solenoid where your finger was pointing? Thanks again as I am so looking forward to resolution on slide issue.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:44 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
I have 12v to all 3. I have tested CB for continuity. Testing ground to in or out shows .95 reading on both. All other wires show 0.00 Where, exactly, is the Salesman switch on your coach as it should be the same as mine. By the way, your pictures are awesome and helpful. Where is the black reset button you mentioned. On the solenoid where your finger was pointing? Thanks again as I am so looking forward to resolution on slide issue.
As you enter the door, on the left is I believe 5 switches, its the switch that turns on your house 12volts. Don't worry about it because its on, other wise you would not get voltage at those circuit breakers.

With the House 12volts on, you should have 12v on the solenoid I am pointing at.

There is no reset button for the solenoid I am pointing at, and after taking another look these CB are auto resetting, besides you checked continuity and voltage on them and they are good.

Take a voltage reading at the fuse.

You have voltage at the circuit breakers so that big solenoid I am pointing at is good and your House 12v is on.

If you have 12v at the slo blo fuse, then it could be one of the relays on the circuit board that is bad and that is why you are not getting and power on your slide switch.

I have not taken those off or tried testing them before.

Does your bedroom slide work? You mentioned only the living room slide in your OP, If it does then one of the 2 relays on the board is bad or the living room slide switch is bad.

You could swap the relays out, turn off House power before taking relay out.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170815_183155[1].jpg
Views:	4
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	173110  
Old 08-15-2017, 08:26 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
If you check both relays and they are good, you also could have a bad Slide motor, or the connections need cleaning.

If your slide is out, it will be easier to get to the motor, its right there in the center, under the slide.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:43 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
I may get to know this circuitry as well as you if I keep plugging away for a solution. Slo Blo fuse is good. I was told by Tiffin service department that coach rear slide did not have its own circuit board. I find that strange but could not find one anywhere. Tried park brake in off position to see if back slide would still work. It did. Perhaps park brake safety only applies to front slide, when slide works right. I see there are two relays on the circuit board, one labeled in and one out.Board and Unable to test as they are soldered to the board. Is that what you are referring to as a relay swap? Board and plugin all pass continuity test. I am presently testing all possibilities as to what may be disengaging to slides movement to operate properly before I spend $ on a new circuit board. Oh yea, slide switch is good. Gee, how to understand your coach in 50 easy steps. Any last ideas that I need to check? Thinking back to the past, there were times I had to hit the switch several times to activate the slide. One would think that if it was an electrical issue, something electrical would not choose to slowly die out but go quickly. Thanks again for your help. Its appreciated.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:10 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
You really get to know your coach troubleshooting it that's for sure.

Its a bummer those relays are soldered.

That control board operates both slides, there are 6 wires on the bottom, 12v, ground, one for each slide, one for in, and one for out.

If u look on the board I believe its labled for each wire if you had some one push the slide switch you could check voltage coming out.

The actual slide motor has a brake on it that keep the slide in.

Because you mentioned that you had to push the slide out switch a few time to make it work, I would check the connection at the slide out motor, they could be corroded, that doesn't cost anything. You could unplug the 2 wires going to the motor, have someone push the slide switch and check voltage there.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:13 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Come to find that the two relays on the control board can be accessed via popping of their respective caps. A flat head screwdriver and careful prying popped those "caps" off, revealing a copper coil and points. I lightly sanded the points and cleaned them with electrical cleaner. I put the caps back on, reinstalled the circuit board and the slide worked again....if only temporary. The relays were bad and basically still are but their last breath told me everything else worked in the system. I have since ordered a new circuit board. A fine crack in the board or broken coil wire made it useless for the long haul. In 3 days I will have the new board in and hopefully, solved the slide issue. Good day to those following this thread.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:21 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Well that's great news, glad you were able to access the relays.

Still kinda of confused, as the rear slide still worked.

Tags
power, power gear