Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #15

jsfare, my wife did all the searching a few weeks ago, when we were in FL. She was looking for a used Winabego or Tiffin in the 32' range, she found a 2012 Tiffin 32CA at Camping World near Ocala with 6,400 hundred miles on it. We did buy an extended warrenty thru Camping World, but can use any service center we want. I suggest you find a fairly local rv repair guy that has a good reputation in your area. All RV's need some repair if you really use them. First repair on this one I handled - smashed a hub cap on front wheel backing into drive way on a railroad tie. Called Tiffin parts and repaced it myself.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #16

I happen to have an authorized repair facility about 50 yards from my office front door!! I checked prior to purchasing the coach and verified that I could have them handle any warranty issues. One of the main reasons we settled on Tiffin was the reputation for this type of flexible service options. Good luck with your purchase!!
Prouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:35 AM   #17

Jsfare,

There is an authorized TIFFIN repair facility located in Plainville, Ct, Ct Motorcars owned by Don & Maureen who also own a Tiffin Bus and they and employees are very knowledgable, very good and best of all you can make an appointment for service. They do everything from simple warranty repairs to bodywork/painting. We have them do our work which has included wet bay, roof rails & RR fridge and have been very satisfied. The best is they complete on time.
No need to travel to Red Bay, Al.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:11 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Jsfare,

There is an authorized TIFFIN repair facility located in Plainville, Ct, Ct Motorcars owned by Don & Maureen who also own a Tiffin Bus and they and employees are very knowledgable, very good and best of all you can make an appointment for service. They do everything from simple warranty repairs to bodywork/painting. We have them do our work which has included wet bay, roof rails & RR fridge and have been very satisfied. The best is they complete on time.
No need to travel to Red Bay, Al.
Hayman:

Thank you so much for this info! Plainville is approximately 1 1/2 hours from our home. Any recommendations on a dealer?
jsfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:11 AM   #19

Jsfare,

Suggest you go to TRVN the Tiffin owners website. If you go to the search function there are many discussions pertaining to the best priced dealers and their locations.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:22 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought my 2012 Tiffin Allegro 34 TGA from the Alpin Hous in Amsterdam NY, they were excellent. Repair shop is good with a lot of service bays.
I had very minor problems at all.
They have other locations too.
jjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:31 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
We just watched our new Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP be built and finally moved in this past weekend! We documented it all on our blog complete with time lapse video's of the whole building process.

And So It Begins The Building Of Our Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP | Outside Our Bubble

You can see day by day everything that goes on. Tiffin does have unprecedented customer access to anything and everything. As I said, we were their on site throughout the entire process and the employees were more than happy to talk with us and explain anything or change anything that we were no happy with.

We also considered Newmar and Entegra when we were looking. Both did not offer as much storage space nor the floor plans that we desired. Plus we really did like the fact that we could be on site for the build. The Tiffin coach just had that home feel. Sitting on our couch watching tv you really do feel like you're in a little apartment and not a motor home.

Have we had problems? Yes, however, the difference we have seen is what we call the "Tiffin" difference. They want to make sure everything is to your satisfaction and they will not let it leave the factory until it's right.

Now as I sit here typing this, we are back at Tiffin, directly from the dealership when we took possession of it, because our check engine light came on. Not a Tiffin problem. This is a Cummins problem. However, Tiffin said to come right back (as we were only 2 hours away) and they'd get us right in, called the Cummins tech to come there to Tiffin and fix it. While calling repair facilities, they could not get us in for a week. That's the Tiffin difference.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfare View Post
Greetings All:

My husband and I are in serious pursuit of our first Class A MH and have narrowed our search to Tiffin, or possibly Newmar. We live in the northeast and I was wondering if any of you had recommendations or comments on Tiffin Dealers in this part of the country, pro or con, that we might consider. Any and all info is greatly appreciated. FYI, we have zeroed in on the Allegro 31SA model as the best fit for our needs.

In addition, any thoughts on Tiffin vs. Newmar are also welcomed.

Thank you!
My wife and I are about to purchase a new Allegro 31SA. Now that you are most likely an Allegro owner, do you have any advice or recommendations for us?
eng-rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #23

I bought a 2012 Breeze 32 BR in May of this year. We were the first owners so almost new. To say I am disappointed is a major understatement. So far No trips except to and from the repair facilities. The TV system does not work. A good 15 days troubleshooting including numerous calls to Tiffin ( they were very helpful but no results yet ) We have had several techs working on it but all gave up. The charging system has failed. The dome sat is failing. The starting of the Aux Gen is failing. We are afraid to look at it for fear of other failures. So good luck but fair warned. It is pretty. Sorry.
simplymag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfare View Post
Greetings All:

My husband and I are in serious pursuit of our first Class A MH and have narrowed our search to Tiffin, or possibly Newmar. We live in the northeast and I was wondering if any of you had recommendations or comments on Tiffin Dealers in this part of the country, pro or con, that we might consider. Any and all info is greatly appreciated. FYI, we have zeroed in on the Allegro 31SA model as the best fit for our needs.

In addition, any thoughts on Tiffin vs. Newmar are also welcomed.

Thank you!
While in Ct this summer I found a Tiffin dealer that just opened in Union, CT, right off I-84 near the MA line, think the name was Campersinn
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:22 AM   #25

We purchased a 2015 31SA in July from Stoltzfus RV and Marine in West Chester, PA. Save a few minor issues, we have had no problems. I'm sorry to hear of the issues with your Breeze, simplymag.

garykk: Camper's Inn in CT was not quite up and running when we purchased. Otherwise, we would have looked there first, no doubt. Much closer to our home .

eng-rv: I have responded to your private message.
jsfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #26

We had a wonderful experience with the tiffin dealer in amsterdam, ny, we had an issue with a washing machine that dumped the water into the basement, we stopped by there they checked as best they could without taking it out but to no avail. I told my wife i wish they were in ill. I would buy from them. They also have a store in saratoga springs but it handles pull units.
marc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #27

A Tiffin or a Newmar??

Well I can only give you one cent on this one since I really do not have one at this time, but I did place an order two weeks ago for an Allegro Red!!! Now I also was in the same dilema as you I narrowed it down to Tiffin and Newmar, I bought my unit at the Hershey show since all of the MH manufacturers were there and it was easy to jump from one to the other!!! Newmar had a great fit and finished and the RV dealer RVONE really did everything they could to selll me the unit but when it came down to the floor plan and storage the Tiffin cannot be beat also in talking to actual owners at the show they could not say enough about how helpfull the Tiffin customer service department has been to them, let's hope that when I need their help everything that I have been told is true. I bought my unit form Colton RV in Buffalo NY they also were very helpfull at the show and they really gave me a very good price on the new MH, I really went to Hershey to look and I ended up ordering one, now I have to fly from Phoenix AZ to Buffalo NY to pick it up and drive it back 2200 miles back to Phoenix, like I said I got a good deal if not I would have never done this!!!!! So far the dealer has been very helpfull with changes that I have done to my order and I really cannot complain at this time, well here was my one cent on this, good luck and like most on this forum it will be a great pick from what ever of these two MH manufacturer you pick from!!!
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
It Pays To Shop Around

Keep in mind that you can order a unit from any dealership in the country. We are domiciled in Florida and FT, so we were a little more flexible. We ended up buying our Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP from Davis Motor Homes in Memphis, TN (one of Tiffins largest dealerships). They gave us the best price and no one could beat them. We asked how they could keep their prices so low with a new order and not a stock unit. They said simply, they are competing with every other dealership around the country for the same product. Any dealership can order a coach for you and you can order from anywhere. So they try to keep their prices as low as possible. Now if you are talking about a unit they have on their lot that's a different story. That case they are the only ones with that particular unit.

So the moral is it's always best to call around to different dealerships around the country. Even if you have to fly in to a dealership to pick up your rig and drive it home, you will most likely still be ahead of the game depending on the deal that you made.

Tags
tiffin