Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2015, 04:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthbayofLA View Post
What was people's dealings with LA Mesa RV in San Diego, price, service, etc. Thanks.
They were one of the 4 that responded to me, I really wanted a local shop to be the best or close to the best deal, [live in Long Beach Ca] I was not impressed and part of the reason I did all my negotiations via email so I didn't have to get the slimy dealer treatment, I did go see the Tiffin line up at Mike Thompson and again at the Pomona show, so I knew what I wanted. I used the upgrades list from Tiffin and built it exactly with the options we wanted.

LaMesa, at least the salesman I dealt with almost accused me of making up the price Sherman RV gave me, or insisted there were fees I wasn't aware of, even tho I had a written estimate by Andy Pearson from Sherman. The price I got from Andy was the first I got and I tried to have the others beat it, none were even close. 15k cheaper getting it at Sherman RV including the progressive ind surge protector and the Trav'ler direct tv sat system.

After sealing the deal and putting our 5k deposit I had a change of heart on 2 options, called 2 days later and inquired. Andy made the changes saved me 2100. and did nothing to hold up our position to get on the production line. I have all the confidence that this will be a smooth transaction.

Good luck with your search and purchase, can't wait to fly out in March to get ours!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2015, 08:37 AM   #16

Wow! My wife and I have narrowed our purchase to the 32SA and have been browsing all the dealer sites hoping to find one that I do not have to order. No such luck. I would love to see your list for building since I am still unsure of some options.
tdavidstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdavidstone View Post
Wow! My wife and I have narrowed our purchase to the 32SA and have been browsing all the dealer sites hoping to find one that I do not have to order. No such luck. I would love to see your list for building since I am still unsure of some options.
Here is the add ons we chose
Summo suspension
7.0 Onan generator
1500 A/C w/heat pump
prep for solar
upgraded countertop and backsplash
prep for Trav'ler sat
2000 watt pure sine inverter upgrade
exterior TV
pwr driverside seat and p/s power w/footrest
res fridge
booth dinette
standard sofa[didnt like the smaller bed that came with the L couch]
fireplace
bedroom ceiling fan
drop down bunk

we also added thru the dealer a Progressive industries in-line surge protector
the Trav'ler sat dish for direct tv

also adding the Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, 2 more batteries, and a Garmin RV Navigation unit
**our order was processed signed and deposit received on dec 12, got my order number but as of yesterday it has yet to hit productioni'm told by Tiffin should be production tomorrow....so when i get that confirmation I will confirm if the 12 weeks I'm hearing is from my order date or from date it hits production,,,keep ya posted
Old 12-22-2015, 11:09 AM   #18

I talked to a Mesa RV in San Diego - they're about 2 miles from my house - but their price was much higher than I could find elsewhere - pretty much MSRP. I ended up buying from Lewis RV in Ohio, great price, ordered just the way I wanted, kept me informed as delivery date got closer, etc. They collected Ohio sales tax of 6% and when I got home to California I had to pay the California sales tax less what I had paid to Ohio so it came out the same as if I had bought it here (except for the $25 or $30k I saved by going to Ohio of course). I went to a DMV authorized representative instead of to the DMV and it cost me $80 to avoid 2 trips to the DMV - worth every cent. I did have to take the rig to the business so they could inspect the smog label and VIN and then I had to get a smog test - that's California for you.

I do have an appointment with La Mesa to address a recall on my rig (2016 Itasca Navion) but they couldn't get me in until January 19th. So they must have plenty of business. But that may be just because they are the only Winnebago dealer within 180 miles (next closest is La Mesa RV in Yuma as far as I can tell - I didn't check the LA area as I prefer not to go there).
johninsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:10 AM   #19

I'll toss in my quick 2cents worth on the Allegro options, since I'm a recent 32SA buyer.
Going down the options, there are:
Ride Assist - Sumo Suspension - we got this, had read a lot of positive reviews citing it helps a lot with sway, when driving past an oncoming Semi, etc.
7.0 Onan Generator - we got this, seemed like it might do better operating the A/C units and a bunch of other stuff all at the same time.
15,000btu A/C w/ Heat Pump (Front only) - skipped this, had heard heat pumps aren't as effective in the south, which is where we live.
Countertop/Backsplash upgrade - skipped this, seemed too expensive for not much.
In Motion Satellite - skipped this, we don't use TV that much, and the antenna is fine for us.
Pre Wire for Traveler Satellite - skipped this, just not for us.
2000 watt Pure Sine inverter Upgrade - we got this, it also adds a lot of internal outlets to the inverter power, and the Magnum brand is highly recommended.
Driver's Door w/Power Window - we got this, serves as an alternate entrance/exit if something goes wrong with the main door.
Exterior TV- skipped this, again, not too big on TVs, I'll watch inside if i need to.
Front Overhead TV - skipped this, the main TV location in the 32SA is just fine.
In Dash Navigation System - skipped this, already bought a separate Rand McNally system, and I've read separate systems are less expensive and easier to replace than the in-dash systems.
CB Antenna - skipped this, never had a CB
PS footrest - skipped this, both seats are already power, didn't feel we needed the footrest.
Central Vacuum System - had skipped this, but they had started building the unit with it, so we agreed to add it. Has come in handy.
Oven/Convection Microwave - skipped this, didn't want the oven.
Cooktop/Convection Microwave - we got this for the Convection Microwave portion.
4 Door Refrigerator - skipped this, sounded like it was still propane/electric
Residential Refer w/4 Batteries & Ice Maker - we got this, one less propane item, and a lot of people seem to hate their propane/electric refrigerators. We decided we wanted a residential refrigerator early on.
Dinette Computer Workstation-DS - skipped this, we prefer the booth style vs the standalone chairs/dinette style
Leatherette L-shaped Sofa-DS - skipped this. Was standard last year, my wife was actually bummed that they now wanted a couple thousand for it. BUT - we are very happy with the standard sleeper air coil sofa - very comfortable, and we've read its more comfortable than the L-shape.
Fireplace - we got this. Come on, its a fireplace, and also an electric heater, which we've used on cool days/nights instead of using the heater. Still need the main heater if it gets close to freezing though.
Bedroom Ceiling fan - we got this, my wife loves ceiling fans, and it is nice when its warm.
Drop Down Bunk - we got this. It is easy to use for a single grandchild or young child, for example. Note that while it does come with a ladder, there is no rail provided on the open side . . we hooked the ladder on sideways, but may find a more permanent solution.

Of course, all the color schemes are a personal choice. I guess my wife and I like neutral tones, and we selected the Maroon Coral exterior, Cocoa interior, light leatherette (Cream), and English Chestnut cabinetry. Vanilla Bean also looks very nice, we felt the Irongate countertops were a bit too swirly for our preferences. Both the other cabinetry colors have their own appeal, but we felt the Cordovan was darker than we wanted in such an enclosed space, do like the Mocha when I've seen it.

JimB
JimHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:21 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought another coach a couple months ago. Live in Escondido CA. Used a third party instead of the DMV. Barb's Registration in Escondido. Took the coach to her, she did all the VIN inspections needed and paperwork, wrote a check for taxes and fees. About 30 minutes and I walked out with the new plates and stickers.

Well worth Barb's nominal fee to avoid the DMV and their typically marginal service.

If not in Escondido area I am sure you have similar service wherever you are.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:11 PM   #21

What about solar?

Your order list is similar to what we have projected. Where are they going to install the extra batteries? Also did you consider the solar prep and adding solar panels?
Old 12-24-2015, 12:27 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdavidstone View Post
Your order list is similar to what we have projected. Where are they going to install the extra batteries? Also did you consider the solar prep and adding solar panels?
we did get the solar prep,and plan on getting solar sometime this year as we will do a fair amount of boon docking, as far as the placement of the additional batteries, I don't know, sounds like this is not that uncommon a process so I'm sure they know how to make that happen. Probably a good question for the dealer who will make that addition.

I asked if anyone has done the solar upgrade as I don't know what to expect as far as gauge of wire etc...please chime in if you had that upgrade. Im hoping it's plumbed with a heavy enough gauge to handle a decent solar set up.....
Old 01-08-2016, 10:17 PM   #23

update on the process for our build....
signed purchase agreement via internet and sent bank wire to the dealer on 12-2-15
got our production number on 12-3-15
made 2 changes to options originally ordered on 12-9-15 [the changes made no delay to the start time of the build]
was told by Tiffin that production is scheduled for 1-29-16
and completion and shipped to Sherman RV on 2-23-16
Sherman RV anticipate having coach for 4 days for PDI

so from our original order date of 12-2-15
to ship date of 2-23-16

equals right at 12 weeks,

Was a little surprised that it takes less than a month for the actual build of the unit.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:47 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man562 View Post
Was a little surprised that it takes less than a month for the actual build of the unit.
It goes from a chassis to a Motorhome in less than a week.........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	116065  
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:08 AM   #25

For some reason, could not get 2 pics to attach to one post......

Anyway, here is our prepped chassis on Wednesday morning, and the picture above was taken early on Friday afternoon.

Th coach build is really just an assembly process of pre constructed "modules". It just rolls down the line from one station to the next, and all the parts/ modules are waiting at each station. For instance, the walls are at one station, the slides are inserted at another station, the roof at another, front and rear caps at another.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	116066  
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:16 PM   #26

When will the 2017 builds begin? Should be pretty soon?
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:54 AM   #27

I think the information starts coming out about standard items, options etc around May, though this last year it was difficult to get definitive new colors information until later in June. So I guess the builds start around that time.
JimHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:12 AM   #28

G-man it looks like you skipped the Drivers Door and front TV. Is the discount you mentioned inclusive of the serge protector and the sat? Have you decided on how much solar (watts) to install? I am getting close, but still cannot decide between the 32 and 36.

Tags
led