Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2017, 04:01 PM   #29

We purchased our Phaeton off the lot. Would like to have ordered one in different colors but we were up against a time crunch. We managed 24% off msrp.

2016 Grand Cherokee Summit
jagbuxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Rzani Send a message via AIM to Rzani Send a message via Yahoo to Rzani Send a message via Skype™ to Rzani
I don't think it's just the 37 AP that is hard to find in inventory. We couldn't find many 40 SPs either. In fact, like others have said, I'm pretty certain it is just a Tiffin thing and not really because of what model you choose.

Because of that, and wanting to get exactly what we wanted, we ordered as well. I HATE waiting for things like this, but it was definitely the right thing to do (and also we basically had to because of inventory). It is so very satisfying when you get in your coach and look around and see and use the things that you picked out specifically! It makes it feel much more personal and, well, emotional I guess.

We put our order in mid December and it took 10 weeks until it was delivered to our dealer. Then the dealer kept it for an entire month which is another story altogether! Still, 10 weeks for us, but things may have changed already.

We got 25% of MSRP and were very happy with that. Everyone told me it was a little more difficult to get more off MSRP all the way out West (California). Not sure if that is true or not. Oh, and our dealer wanted $10,000 deposit. They actually wanted more than that but I told them to pound sand on that one.
Rzani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:33 PM   #31

It appears the MSRP for a new 2017 37AP bus is in the $370K range....28% off that price is approx $266K. Yet a used 2016 37AP private party is $280K. Am I missing something? Why would I buy a 1 year old used when new seems to be less? I'm not figuring sales taxes in at this point.
Geomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:46 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomon View Post
It appears the MSRP for a new 2017 37AP bus is in the $370K range....28% off that price is approx $266K. Yet a used 2016 37AP private party is $280K. Am I missing something? Why would I buy a 1 year old used when new seems to be less? I'm not figuring sales taxes in at this point.
Geomon,
We ran into the same thing. We had a written offer for a new coach that was $20k less than a 3 year old private owner coach. Even when I shared the written offer with him, he wrote back with profanities calling me , among other things a "cheap ass trying to steal peoples coaches". I gave up and ordered the new one. That said, here in the southeast now that the snowbird migration is in full swing, there are more used coaches for sale for more realistic prices. I am glad we ordered the new one at this point.
CptCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:58 PM   #33

I think this has been commented on in other forums. Most likely people are trying to recoup their payoff amount when selling a coach that is less than a couple years old. It pays to shop around.

2016 Grand Cherokee Summit
jagbuxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:35 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Rzani Send a message via AIM to Rzani Send a message via Yahoo to Rzani Send a message via Skype™ to Rzani
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCook View Post
Geomon,
We ran into the same thing. We had a written offer for a new coach that was $20k less than a 3 year old private owner coach. Even when I shared the written offer with him, he wrote back with profanities calling me , among other things a "cheap ass trying to steal peoples coaches". I gave up and ordered the new one. That said, here in the southeast now that the snowbird migration is in full swing, there are more used coaches for sale for more realistic prices. I am glad we ordered the new one at this point.
Yeah, that's the frustration of someone who didn't know or ignored the financial reality of what they were getting into 2 or 3 years prior. Or, even worse, didn't realize they could negotiate 20% to 30% off the MSRP and paid way too much for their new coach. Even with 25% off, if you go to sell in 2 or 3 years it will be painful.
Rzani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:26 PM   #35

We are also in process of negotiating a 36ap. 2017.
All is good except the bed is queen?!! Ideal Rest instead of sleep number?!

Tags
purchase