Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2016, 08:19 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjvogtiii View Post
We got our 2016 31SA last November. We love it and took it to Wesley Chapel FL. Quail Run RV Park. The drive from PA to FL was great. Handling was superb. I only heard of one thing, with the clearance of the driver seat and the slideout for TALL people, NOT MY PROBLEM.

Good luck and ENJOY!
I've heard the driver's seat is a problem for taller drivers. I'm 5'6" so it isn't a problem - just seeing the rear wheels on the tight corners is. That's a matter of getting myself adjusted in and getting used to the extra 5'8" and additional 18" of wheelbase. The awning support blocks my view of the wheel well.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2016, 09:55 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
up grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-Oh View Post
Which suspension upgrades did you do? and why?
Up grades

Sumo springs - recommend you have Tiffin install them They smooth out the ride, stop the rocking entering/exiting a gas stations, and reduces the push from passing 18 wheelers.

Safe-T-Plus - further reduces the 18 wheeler push. With this and the Sumos, you'll only notice a truck passing when you see them in the mirror. This add on also helps with the issues faced if we drop onto an unprepared shoulder

Five Star Tune - You might consider this but your 6 speed transmission may not need it. If you get transmission shifts that jump RPM from 2200 to 4500 all at once on a small incline, check this out.

These add-ons turned our 36LA from an okay handling MH into one that is a pleasure to drive.

Let everyone know about your delivery experience. An exciting time!
Caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #17

A personal safety thought for you from a 31SA owner........

The slide corners are very sharp, and you'll be under the PS corner often dumping your tanks. Get some padding for all the corners at a minimum......

After I cut my head the first time, I got pipe insulation, both corners and straights for the entire bottom edge of the slides. The second time I cut my head, I decided that as the slides go out, the padding goes on immediately because if you don't have it on, it doesn't do any good.

On the pipe insulation, for the straights get the type that does not have the adhesive on the slit. For the corners, you need the adhesive, stick the slit together, and cut the inner to slip over the corner.

I eventually founnd some nice rubber corner pieces that stick on with double sided tape, but still use the straight pipe insulation along the bottoms.

Regards, and enjoy your new Tiffin!
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Pool noodles work as well. Surprising how much blood you can get from your head (hard as it might be)!
Old 05-18-2016, 06:03 AM   #19

We have a 2015 32SA and love it. Very few warranty issues, all of which I fixed myself. The parts I needed were sent to my home direct from Tiffin. They have great support. The only thing I would recommend you do is to prevent the bathroom door from opening beyond the outer pocket door frame, othewise you could risk the slide from crushing it, if you aren't carefull. I drilled a 3/8 inch hole on top of the door and inserted a length of wood dowel with a piece of rubber hose on the end. This acts as a door stop.

Otherwise, use your coach and enjoy it.
jpstakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:41 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpstakun View Post
We have a 2015 32SA and love it. Very few warranty issues, all of which I fixed myself. The parts I needed were sent to my home direct from Tiffin. They have great support. The only thing I would recommend you do is to prevent the bathroom door from opening beyond the outer pocket door frame, othewise you could risk the slide from crushing it, if you aren't carefull. I drilled a 3/8 inch hole on top of the door and inserted a length of wood dowel with a piece of rubber hose on the end. This acts as a door stop.

Otherwise, use your coach and enjoy it.
Great thought! I have a friend that sheared off a closet door with the slide on his DP. I like your solution. I'll check out the door swing when we pick it up Friday after tomorrow.....
Old 05-27-2016, 06:36 PM   #21

Does the table extend?

So we're going through the new rig and the table doesn't seem to extend? We have the freestanding chairs with the computer station etc. the table is fixed and only accommodates chairs?

That doesn't seem right. Is this right?
Old 05-28-2016, 06:32 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes, In my 31SA it is TIGHT. Pull out harder. This is done so the table will not cone out during travel. Love my rig hope you like your's as much.
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:52 AM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man562 View Post
My only complaint on the 32SA is that I have torn off the moulding on the slide behind the drivers seat. You have to make sure the drivers seat is moved completely forward so that when you extend the slide it doesn't rip off the moulding.I think they have realized that it is a design flaw because there is 1 screw with velcro holding it in place....
I suspect we've all done that at least once. Tiffin should put a flip up plastic cover on the front slide switches to help remind us to move the drivers seat forward before moving the slide.
Caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 06:09 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man562 View Post
The walk thru can be a lot to take in. On youtube there is an hour or so video of a walk thru on a new 15 or 16 36LA can't recall off hand, I watched that before i flew out to mississippi to get our 2016,,32SA, a lot of the items are the same so when we got there a lot of it was review, also my wife video'd on the I-phone all the electronic/ inverter descriptions so that I can rewatch when I forget how something is suppost to work,,,,,,,

My only complaint on the 32SA is that I have torn off the moulding on the slide behind the drivers seat. You have to make sure the drivers seat is moved completely forward so that when you extend the slide it doesn't rip off the moulding.I think they have realized that it is a design flaw because there is 1 screw with velcro holding it in place.

The sumo springs have been a nice improvement as well, looking at getting the safe-t steer stabilizer shortly...
My driver's seat was torn up by the dealer during the PDI. That was fortunate because he popped the bad one out and replaced it with one he pulled out of another coach. Glad he did it, not me.
jpstakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 06:37 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjvogtiii View Post
Yes, In my 31SA it is TIGHT. Pull out harder. This is done so the table will not cone out during travel. Love my rig hope you like your's as much.
Dealer had to finally pull the table...so tight in the tracks it wouldn't budge. suspect some glue or something got on the track and "welded" it in place. They fixed it in about 30 minutes once they pulled it into the shop.

Issues fixed by the dealer: 1. table not pulling out 2. drain under sink leaked (snugged up connections) 3. hood latch adjusted 4. driver's door adjusted (screw head not run all the way in a causing the door to bind and not open easily) 5. replaced driver's window switch 6. had to show me twice how the levelers worked ---didn't realize the damn warning chime doesn't stop until you turn off the key - even when it is level....nothing about the alarm in the manual.

Dealer was attentive and helpful and the salesperson even offered us her car for a trip to the store or sightseeing if we wanted it. Very sweet of her.

we're in a campground on our way home so we can further check for any issues. love the coach so far.

next trip in 2 weeks.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:08 PM   #26

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-Oh View Post
Dealer had to finally pull the table...so tight in the tracks it wouldn't budge. suspect some glue or something got on the track and "welded" it in place. They fixed it in about 30 minutes once they pulled it into the shop.

Issues fixed by the dealer: 1. table not pulling out 2. drain under sink leaked (snugged up connections) 3. hood latch adjusted 4. driver's door adjusted (screw head not run all the way in a causing the door to bind and not open easily) 5. replaced driver's window switch 6. had to show me twice how the levelers worked ---didn't realize the damn warning chime doesn't stop until you turn off the key - even when it is level....nothing about the alarm in the manual.

Dealer was attentive and helpful and the salesperson even offered us her car for a trip to the store or sightseeing if we wanted it. Very sweet of her.

we're in a campground on our way home so we can further check for any issues. love the coach so far.

next trip in 2 weeks.
Dave-oh,

Did you buy your Tiffin at Chesaco?

You seem satisfied with your dealer.

I was thinking of visiting Chesaco.
Bobbystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:06 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbystar View Post
Dave-oh,

Did you buy your Tiffin at Chesaco?

You seem satisfied with your dealer.

I was thinking of visiting Chesaco.
Did not buy from Chesaco..we did look there (in Gambrils, MD). It would have been WAY closer to us but: 1. There service facility seemed wholly inadequate and 2. The sales folk didn't really know much about the coach.

We actually went to Stoltfuz RV in PA. I didn't expect to buy one get as we just wanted to go over the rig with someone who knew about the features, construction and could give us a solid demo. They also had the WBGO Sightseer there so we could compare side-by-side. Wife decided just to go ahead....I really didn't expect that.....

They have 12 service bays, a tech came by on the PDI to be sure our technical questions had been answered, and they made sure the issues we found overnight were addressed and fixed.

So far so good...it really is a beauty.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:55 PM   #28

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Well I hope you enjoy your new Tiffin and use it in good health.

I was curious because I live near Stoltzfus and was close to buying a nice used Tiffin about a year ago. We decided it would take up too much space in our driveway and parking area. Since then we have enlarged the area. Still kicking myself. :face palm:

We purchased a smaller unit from them but we had problems with the service department. They were either very good or not good and that could be on the same visit.

My advice is to make appointments now for the future even if you don't have an immediate need. You can always change the service date. I suspect they take better care of Tiffin owners than some of the other customers. They may have their more experienced and competent techs at your service.

They did some unauthorized work on my RV that I found irritating especially because it was incompetent or not really done; but I did have too pay for it.

I had problems with one service writer but I was eventually moved to another which was good for me as he was far superior and responsive. The assistant service manager was also very good and friendly.

I will return there for a Tiffin but I will return with much more experience under my belt and will make certain demands from management. I use my motorhome all year and do not want it sitting at Stoltzfus waiting for service that could be done the same day.

BTW, if you are there and looking for a great meal try the Big Fish Restaurant in the Brinton Lake Shopping Center. You will be happy and it is only a few miles from Stoltzfus. Located on RT. 1 (Baltimore Pike).

Be Well,

Bobby
Bobbystar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase