RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2015, 03:06 PM   #1

Purchasing Advice - Allegro 31SA

I am considering purchasing a new 2015 Tiffin Allegro 31SA. Original quote was $159,600 and yesterday they quoted me $149,600. Is this a good price? It has the living room floorplan I want and I have not been able to find another rig anywhere else in the country with the same options. What has your experience been like with this brand and model?

I haven't had good luck with my current rig which is a Coachman Pursuit. I want to make sure I don't repeat my purchasing mistake.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2015, 03:15 PM   #2

First off, a 2015 could already be considered one year old, because 2016 models are being sold now. Also. the prices you are being quoted are basically full MSRP. You can be doing much better if you contact other dealers, and/or consider ordering a new 2016 through a dealer. If you want the 2015, offer something around 30% off what they're quoting you, as a starting point.

A couple things to look for on the 31SA is whether it was manufactured with the 24,000 # upgraded chassis. Also whether it includes SUMO springs. Other options include res refrigerator, larger generator, etc . . check out Tiffin's pricing sheets. Do some additional research before jumping onto this offer.

JimHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:25 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You can do much better on the price., especially if you are willing to travel a distance. Use the Internet to your advantage and get quotes from multiple dealers once you have the options finalized.

2014 Allegro 36LA
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:36 PM   #4

The $159,600 sounds like the MSRP of a well equipped 31SA.
Price should be discounted at least 25% from that amount.
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:12 PM   #5

Might start doing a internet search for used ones a year or two old. Our 2012 was a year old with 6,500 miles, when we bought it. Probably it had depreciated a 1/3 of the original price. Dave
allegro1x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:36 PM   #6

Pricing advice

Thank you so much! I will take your advice, offer less, check for those options, and research in other areas.

You have been so helpful! 1,000 thank yous!
Old 09-09-2015, 08:08 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Start with the options and then the pricing. Current Pricing and Options

After you have selected what you want, the prepare a RFQ (request for quote) and send it to some dealers close by as well as some of the Tiffin dealers that get high marks from current Tiffin owners. The short list of good dealers are Sherman RV in Sherman, MS; Davis Motorhomes in Memphis, TN, and Martin Ingram RV in Birmingham, AL. All of these dealers are known for good service, great pricing and clean deals.

Don't be afraid to travel to pick up your new coach. The travel back home gives you lots of driving practice.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #8

Roger & Mary

Thank you. I will do as you suggest.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:15 PM   #9

Update on Prchase of 31SA

I made a connection with the owner of the Poulsbo RV. The owner instructed the sales GM to "help me". Their first offer was 8% off msrp. I thought that was an insult. Second offer, which they said i would never get better anrwhere was 15% off msrp. Kerp in mond this is a 2015. I think they should discount more. Do you?

In the meantime i have submitted a request for quote to buy fr the factory voa one desler. I will next submit the request to the dealers some of u have recommended.

Thanks,
P
pauletts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:45 PM   #10

Yeah, in my opinion, 15% discount on a 2015 sitting in their lot waiting to be sold is still not a good deal. But its typical of what some dealers will talk, we got that from a local Tiffin dealer. Which is why I did what you're doing, go out to other recommended dealers with a request for a factory order price. I believe you will get offers of about 25% or more off of MSRP on a factory order 2016. I still think a 2015 could be 30% off. Whichever way it goes for you, wish you the best of luck finding what you want.
JimHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
2015 should at least get a 25% discount. Even though it's a Tiffin I've received better offers online without even trying.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:19 AM   #12

We got 20% off on a 2016 31SA. With a decent price on our 5th wheel trade in.
It was the only one the dealer had in stock, the color and with all the options we wanted.
Love the coach.
Lakeeffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:41 AM   #13

Just purchased our 2015 31SA yesterday and will pick up on Saturday, I would be hard lined and tell them 25% off. This week is going to be a long one waiting for Saturday to come!
rodallg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:26 PM   #14

Update on Advice for buying an Allegro 32SA

I wanted to update you on my negotiations. I got two great prices from the dealers many of you suggested, one in Memphis, TN and another in Montgomery, AL. Both were discounted 28%! One was a little higher (TN) than the other, and it is cheaper for us to fly into TN. I asked the TN dealer to match it and he did! I am real close to placing an order.

My concern now is that it would be done in the dead of winter and we'll have to drive it back to Washington state. We'd take the south route, but it may still be scary!

I need to sell my current one now. If you've had any experience selling via RV Trader or SellerNetworks, please advise.

Poulsob RV, on the other hand, came back with an order price that originally was 24% off. I explained I could get better and I questioned them why I could get a brand new one w more options cheaper than the 2015 31SA (w/o the 24K # chassis) that has been sitting on their lot for a year. The manager called back and said the salesman screwed up and so he raised the 2016 order price such that it would be 21% off. Red flags!!

Tags
advice