RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2019, 07:33 AM   #1
KJR

Questions About 34PA Residential Fridge

We are interested in purchasing a new 34PA. Weíve never owned an RV with a residential fridge.

Iíve noticed on other makes and models there is often an exterior access door behind the residential fridge location but there isnít one on the 34PA.

In my sticks and bricks I used to move the fridge out periodically to clean dust from behind the fridge and the condenser cooling fins under the fridge. Is this something that needs to be done in an RV? I would imagine the fridge must be secured down making it difficult to move.

Without an external access in the 34PA how does one clean dust from under the fridge? Is this performed from a front panel under the lower sliding freezer compartment.

Is there a water valve to the ice maker located under the fridge or elsewhere?

Thanks

KJR

KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2019, 07:46 AM   #2

Our 2019 34PA does have an exterior panel door that provides access to the rear of the refrigerator. It is held in with 4 Phillips head screws.

Bagelboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:29 AM   #3
KJR

Hmm, I think Tiffin has made a change. Looking at this example, I donít see an access door next to the water heater. Would that be an issue not to have the access door?

https://www.ingramrvcenter.com/inv/2...N1006/#mainpic

Thanks

KJR
Old 01-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #4

Good questions from the OP. I've got the external door on mine but have found it's not too helpful for cleaning the fins under the refrigerator. For that I have to get down on my belly and blow the fins clean with a HIGH PRESSURE air nozzle attached to my air compressor (120PSI). I do this at least every 6 months, but we're putting around 20,000 miles a year on the BUS in some pretty dirty places like the southwest's deserts and the roads in and to Alaska
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:53 AM   #5

Questions About 34PA Residential Fridge

Our 2017 34PA has an access door. It allows you to access the ice maker water control valve, and tubing. It also allows access to the refrig, power cord and receptacle.
mck67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:19 PM   #6
KJR

Iíve seen sales photos of earlier models of 34PA and the fridge access is readily visible. I even found a video of a 2019 34PA with one but the last east batch of 2019 34PA photos on RVTrader the access door is missing in action.

I wonder if Tiffin is supplying a different 2 door/bottom freezer fridge that allows all cleaning maintenance and water valve access from the inside. Iíve looked at other 2019 Open Road floorplans (32sa, 36la, 36ua) and the access door is present.

KJR

Tags
fridge