RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2014, 07:59 PM   #1

Radio

Just bought a new allegro red. The radio has no earphone jack and no USB on dash. USB on dash is for charging only. I cannot listen to my playlists in my coach. This really disappoints me. Also. I cannot get to the back of any tv to use jacks to watch camera photos. Grrrrrrrrr. Can anyone help or am I going to have to go to red bay

Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2014, 08:18 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Do what everyone else has to do: buy a decent radio and have it installed at any auto radio store if you can't manage it yourself!

alandsusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
You could get one of those fm transmitters to listen to your tunes. It plugs into the earphone jack of your music source then you tune it in on your fm radio. They sell them at bestbuy, walmart, truckstops, etc. not sure what to do with your tv.
borderboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:12 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We feel sorry that happened we thought USB in radios would be inputs also. Something we learned from you. Thanks.
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:55 AM   #5

Our two MH's had oem radios. We replaced both with Blaupunkt units as they were the only ones we could find that were the same single DIN size AND had SCAN feature. No, not SEARCH but SCAN. I insist on SCAN feature in a vehicle I use for travel. There are times we jus' leave it on SCAN for long periods of time. Stations come and go in the mountains, and in the WEST. Anyway we're happy with our replacement radios and speakers...blue tooth, usb, aux inputs, phone answering etc. There are times when no signal is available and no internet...the it's CD time. Both our OEM units were cassette tape.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:15 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Seems that no one around here has ever heard of Crutchfield - biggest online source of aftermarket radios out there. Multiple choices and levels of sophistication are awaiting you - along with really good installation instructions. Also, are you sure your radio doesn't have Blue Tooth?

Are you trying to use your TV's USB ports or the smart card readers? USB ports are on almost all models of Panasonic TVs and they should be along the left side. Use your fingers and your TV manual from your big blue book. Smart card readers may not be on all of the TVs used by Tiffin, but check your manual.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:11 AM   #7

Both my Blaupunkts came from Crutchfield...I needed professional help finding single DIN radios with SCAN feature. They are TUFF to find!
Old 05-29-2014, 04:20 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You may have a jack on the back of the radio, Many modern radios do, And you can plug in (Special plug only used by that radio maker) an adapter that will do all sorts of things (or multiple adapters).. Long story.

But find the maker of the radio and figure snag an owner's manual

Second: There *IS* a way to access the jacks on the TV's.. I can not tell you what it is less you have the same make and model I have (2005 Damon Intruder 377w) but it is there.. I found mine. and one other.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We can plug ours in to the surround sound in the coach and use it using the inverter as we travel. But what worked even better was to buy from Amazon a small speaker (rechargeable by usb and plug the portable device into that. Works great for under $20. Also, we fished one usb extension cable through the back to the tv and just plug into that for usb drives
Old 05-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #10

If you have the JVC navi unit USB cable is under the dash. Have my USB mem stick plugged in.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami View Post
Just bought a new allegro red. The radio has no earphone jack and no USB on dash. USB on dash is for charging only. I cannot listen to my playlists in my coach. This really disappoints me. Also. I cannot get to the back of any tv to use jacks to watch camera photos. Grrrrrrrrr. Can anyone help or am I going to have to go to red bay

If it is the Kenwood Stereo with built in Navigation, the USB input is on the back side of stereo, and is usually tucked up under dash. If you have access to under dash, you will have to look at back of stereo, and you will see a cable with a plastic dummy plug inserted into USB connector on the end of that cable. This was the case on our 2014 Allegro 36LA. The one in the dash was just for charging like you mentioned
walkerkb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:23 AM   #12
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami View Post
Just bought a new allegro red. The radio has no earphone jack...
In many states, it is illegal to drive while using earphones, so you may have trouble finding this feature. There may be a plug on the radio that looks like an earphone jack, but it is probably for input from a device such as an iPod.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:11 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
One other option too.. There are many plug in FM transmitters (I have one, or two, around here) including the I-Beam and I-Rock units, google them and you should hit on most of their competitors as well.

These plug into the headphone jack on your MP3 device and use FM radio to "Beam" the music over to either the dash or house radio or to any other radio you happen to have lying about.. Short range but that's all you need.

Tags
radio