RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to dee911
Red Bay?

We are retiring this week and hitting the road as newby full timers Oct 1. We bought a 2009 Tiffin Phaeton back in April and we love it, but the dealer we bought from was not very helpful with educational issues about the coach - we got a quick "orientation" that left us with more questions than answers. We'll be in the area of the gulf coast this winter and would like to make a trip to Red Bay. Can anyone tell us if they offer any kind of resources for learning more about our rig? We've been on one long trip so far and are learning many things the hard way - we'd love to spend some time with some actual experts. Any advice?

dee911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #2

Call Tiffin and tell them what you need, very helpful people. Sure they will get you an appointment.

FatJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #3

I am pretty sure you can also contact most any Phaeton owner on the board and they will gladly answer questions.
Reading the manels ( that hopefully was with the coach ) also helps greatly.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you! I have an email in to Tiffin and will follow up with a phone call if I don't hear back.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
First, congratulations on the purchase of your Phaeton. It's a great coach. The Tiffin service center no longer makes appointments for service, however a call to Bob Tiffin may get you together with a tech who can explain the workings of your coach.

The best way to learn all about any Tiffin motorhome is the TiffinRVnetwork. It is by far, the most comprehensive place for information. You can learn about the good and the not so good concerning your Phaeton. You will have to register to join. Also, try to access the TMH web site. There is an archive section that should have the on-line manual for the Phaeton.

Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
If your Phaeton has the typical Electric/Propane refrigerator (either Norcold or Dometic). Make sure the recalls have been made. Just yesterday, on this site, an RV owner posted that he lost his Phaeton, just like yours, due to a refrigerator fire. We can't be too careful about this, because RV'ers have had trouble with these refrigerators, since 1965.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
If you're going to be in the Red Bay neighborhood you should definitely stop and do a factory tour... it's very interesting!

We too own an 09 Phaeton so if you have questions that don't get answered elsewhere let us know & maybe we can assist... it's a great coach!
Old 09-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #8

This forum served me very well for my previous coach (Winnebago), but I can tell you that no other forum comes close to the TiffinRVnetwork for all things Tiffin.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
I definitely recommend going to www.tiffinrvnetwork.com - it doesn't cost anything to join, is easy to sign up and be ready to learn a lot. I have a 2009 Phaeton 40QTH in case I can help you. I will be honest, reading manuals got me no where really. What helped me the most was camping in the Red Bay campground and meeting other owners. Service starts at 7am and ends around 2. After that everyone is back in their spot and they get out and walk, talk and shoot the breeze. I found people willing to come to my coach and show me how to operate things like the AGS system, how to swap between the dvd player, OTA antenna and the satellite and much more. Tiffin owners are a nice group of people I tell you! I am not shy as you can tell I guess. I also will go meet other Tiffin owners wherever we are camping - there is always a Tiffin around. Ask questions, people like to help you!
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
vwd

If you are leaving out going south on 10/1, the Tiffin RV Network is having a rally in Pine Mountain Georgia starting on 10/2. There will be 60 or so coaches and everyone there will be glad to help you out.
vwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwd View Post
If you are leaving out going south on 10/1, the Tiffin RV Network is having a rally in Pine Mountain Georgia starting on 10/2. There will be 60 or so coaches and everyone there will be glad to help you out.
And if those dates don't work for you there's a Tiffin get together in January in Quartzsite and another in April in Tennessee!
Old 09-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you so much to all of you for the helpful information. We were planning on visiting Red Bay early in December - think anyone will be around that time of year? Also, can anyone advise if we need to make reservations for the campground or how it all works? I would love to meet other owners as well as talk to some of the techs out there. We have SO much to learn! I did sign on to the Tiffin RV Network also so we'll be soaking up that one as well. Thanks again!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee911 View Post
Thank you so much to all of you for the helpful information. We were planning on visiting Red Bay early in December - think anyone will be around that time of year? Also, can anyone advise if we need to make reservations for the campground or how it all works? I would love to meet other owners as well as talk to some of the techs out there. We have SO much to learn! I did sign on to the Tiffin RV Network also so we'll be soaking up that one as well. Thanks again!
NO RESERVATIONS for campground, and NO APPOINTMENTS for service. Everything is first come first served, sort of, depending on what you need done. Plan on being there for at least a week.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
NO RESERVATIONS for campground, and NO APPOINTMENTS for service. Everything is first come first served, sort of, depending on what you need done. Plan on being there for at least a week.
The above is correct, however the OP should realize that "early December" is also when MANY "snowbirds" are headed south, and generally that is a VERY busy time of year at the Tiffin service center and CG. Good luck getting in!

I have very good friend who just arrived at Tiffin CG yesterday due to a problem that arose during his latest outing. He re-routed his trip & drove almost 800 miles to get there, only to find there were NO full hook-up sites available, only dry camping at Tiffin. Since his problem makes dry camping impossible, he was able to get elec & water over at McKinney's, and today he was told by a Tiffin service advisor that he "may" be able to get into their "express lane" repair station in about a week. Tiffin is allowing him to stay (pay) in a full hook up site, that just came open today, while he waits for repairs. He has been there before and knows the drill, but goes there knowing things will be fixed correctly and at reasonable cost.

The point of posting this info is so other Tiffin owners will know Tiffin service is apparently "already" swamped with work, even before the snowbird migration has begun. Prepare accordingly........
Ed

edgray is offline   Reply With Quote