Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2019, 07:45 AM   #1
KJR

Red Tile Floors: Prospective vs Pietre

It’s getting down to the wire for us to order a Red 33 before Tiffin stops taking 2019 orders in early May. We’ve heard price increases of 3.5% for 2020

We seen Reds with the Prospective (earth tone vinyl tile) and Pietre (glossy ceramic tile.

The Pietre tile seems very heavy trying to lift the spares in the storage compartment. It must add a lot of weight compared to the Prospective but it may be more durable and no suspect to expanding and contracting with temperatures. During cold weather it may be very cold to the feet.

Any opinions, pros and cons for each floor?

Thanks

KJR
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2019, 08:06 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Personally, I would always go with the tile floors. If you are worried about temperature changes, Tiffin uses epoxy grout and temperature related problems are not common.

Both floors are cold to the feet on a cold morning so I'm not sure where you got the idea that tile floors are colder.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:07 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
We've had vinyl in our Itasca and tile in both of our Tiffins. I much prefer the tile, but it can be cold as can the vinyl. I understand that they are going to offer heated floors in the REDs and I can say I love ours. It makes a difference to just take the chill off the tile plus they can radiate enough warmth that the furnaces rarely run.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:45 PM   #4

We have chosen the tile floor (if available in 2020) when we order our 37BA in July.
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:07 PM   #5
KJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersooner View Post
We have chosen the tile floor (if available in 2020) when we order our 37BA in July.
Getting off topic but why wait for 2020 models that will be 3-5% higher?

Thanks

KJR
Old 04-20-2019, 04:51 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
We have had both vinyl and tile in coaches. Tile is the much better option.
Hey_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:55 PM   #7
KJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
Personally, I would always go with the tile floors. If you are worried about temperature changes, Tiffin uses epoxy grout and temperature related problems are not common.

Both floors are cold to the feet on a cold morning so I'm not sure where you got the idea that tile floors are colder.
I talked to a current owner of an older Tiffin who had tile and he remarked on cold days the tile felt very cold. I'm wondering if it takes longer to warm a coach with cold ceramic tile. I must definitely be heavier. The 8 tile pack in the storage bay was too heavy for me to move with one hand.

KJR
Old 04-20-2019, 07:01 PM   #8

the Prospective floor tile shows dusty footprints, the Pietre floor tile does not.
skitcharoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
Getting off topic but why wait for 2020 models that will be 3-5% higher?

Thanks

KJR
Fits into my retirement plans and will be selling some stock that I cannot sell (without paying capital gains taxes) until 2020. Going to place order in July and pick up in mid January, then will retire February 19th of 2020 (when my current work contract expires). I have already factored the price increase into my purchasing budget.
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor