Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #1

Question Replace TV with flat screen

I have a 2005 Allegro 32BA. Shortly after I purchased this last summer a power surge took out the electrical componets of the hot water heater, refrigerator, killed the microwave and front TV. I need to remove trim to take out old TV. There is not an obvious method of attachment and can't tell if clips or glue is holding it in place. I don't want to tear up trim if I don't have to. Any suggestions?
SLVrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2014, 05:02 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
This one I did! I installed at 32" LED TV in place of the 25" Panasonic that was there. There are 4 very long screws holding the face frame on. They are accessed from the the storage areas on each side of the TV. The screws are a square drive and and are 5" long and drive from the side into the "wings" of the frame. Take all 4 of them out, (I suggest a power driver for this). Pull the frame outwards toward you. Once that's out of the way, there are a couple of "fabric covered" plywood blocks at each top corner to remove. After that it's just a matter of lifting the TV out. If it's a 25" TV, better get some help, it's heavy. From there it's a decision of what size TV to get and how to mount it. I suggest an LED for the weight factor. My weighs in at 8 lbs verses 50 or so. Good luck.
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When we did this to my 05 bus the other posters advice is correct. The only thing I would add is the upholstery in the ceiling stuck to the top of the wood frame surrounding the tv. We took a plastic putty knife and gently worked it loose without ripping anything.

I went to an LED tv also. Because the old tv does not have hi def I wanted to add an HDMI cable. This was a challenging experience. All of the cables run behind the panel in the cabinets over the door. You have to take the panels loose. I could not get them out without breaking them so I just took the stapes out and put my hands under them. The cables run through a small opening into the other cabinet. There is not a lot of room. I actually tried various electrician types of fish tape to get the new cable through and none worked. I tried a piece of plastic line for my push type weed trimmer. this is strong and flexible. The back panel in the right hand cabinet in front of the front window will come out just have to turn the right way. The only other advice I have is to look at your HDMI cable itself. A friend of mine and I together with over 50 years of experience pulling and installing cables and electronics worked 4 hours with no success. I looked at the HDMI cable end and it looked a bit big. I tried a cable with a slightly smaller end. By the time I was done I had installed 2 new HDMI cables, A cat 5e cable, and I USB cable from the opening behind the TV to the electronics cabinet above the passenger chair.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:55 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Genrally,,, if you look carefully there is a way to remove the trim without tearing it up.. then you see brackets that you remove CAREFULLY and catch the TV as it falls on the front one (Well you may have to help it, NOTE those CRT jobs can be HEAVY!!!!!)

I'm fairly sure that is how I will do mine when I do it, and I'm looking at the screw cover (one of 4) for the trim as I type this.

Tags
replace, scr