RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Replacement Couch In 45LP?

My husband and I are considering a 45LP however, we find the L-shaped couch pull-out section terribly uncomfortable. The cushion itself is less deep as the other cushions and the corner part when you sit on it, you can feel the bar. We've sat on other pull-out L-shaped sofas in competitors coaches and they do not seem to have this problem. For instance, the Entegra Anthem L-shaped sofa is quite comfortable.

We like the look of the L-shaped sofa and we like the feel of other L-shaped sofa's. Just not the one that Tiffin is using.

Has anyone replaced the L-shaped sofa for another L-shaped sofa? If so, what did you go with and where did you find it?

One last thing...did I say L-shaped sofa enough?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #2

It's funny you brought this up,, well not really I guess. But we have said the same thing about the L-shaped sofa Tiffin uses. Like you said, the one Entegra uses and Winnebago is much more comfortable.

HDrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #3

If you purchase the 45LP We would gladly trade you our 2014 Phaeton 68inch (2mths old) light tan leather couch fold out bed as we would love the L Shaped couch which was not offered in August in the 40QBH Phaeton
Old 11-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
If you purchase the 45LP We would gladly trade you our 2014 Phaeton 68inch (2mths old) light tan leather couch fold out bed as we would love the L Shaped couch which was not offered in August in the 40QBH Phaeton
Thanks for that but we do like the L-shaped sofas. That is one of the reasons, amongst other reasons, we want and are looking for a new coach. Our current coach only has a love seat and we want the L-shaped sofa. It's just that particular L-shaped sofa that Tiffin uses is terribly uncomfortable compared to other manufacturers L-shaped sofas. Especially the section that pulls out. The cushion is not as deep as the others and you can feel the bar in the corner cushion. The L-shaped sofa in the Entegra and some others are not this way and are much more comfortable.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Contact Winnebago and they will sell you there couch. Entegra might as well.
Jafundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafundy View Post
Contact Winnebago and they will sell you there couch. Entegra might as well.
What would the odds be of it fitting or the bolt holes lining up?? Slim I would think but where there is a will there is a way.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
What would the odds be of it fitting or the bolt holes lining up?? Slim I would think but where there is a will there is a way.
I would think the fit would work if the length is the same. Something to certainly consider. I wonder if the other manufacturers would indeed sell their sofa to us as Jafundy says? Interesting thought.

As far as bolt holes, I'm not worried about that. We replaced our rv sofa years ago in our current coach and replaced it with a residential reclining love seat. I've also known many other people that replace their rv sofas with residential couches or two residential recliner chairs. None of which bolt down. I don't see that as an option however with replacing the L-shaped sofa as the "L" part of the sofa slides in for transportation down the road.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Villa doesn't have L-shaped but do have J-Lounge replacements.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
Villa doesn't have L-shaped but do have J-Lounge replacements.
Villa does have an L-shaped couch. It is the L-shaped couch that Tiffin and Entegra use. Their website is just not updated.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
I don't know if they make L couches but I did not care for the recliner in my Journey so I had this company make a custom one for me.
Chttp://www.amishcountry.org/group/lambright-comfort-chairs
Also I toured Winnebagos factory and the Stichcraft folks that make the furniture for their coaches are a separate division. I would suspect that ordering one would be doable. I do not like the L couch. The pullout section is a worthless add on that just takes up space. When you sit in it your feet wants to use the same space that another person uses sitting the other direction. The corner is impossible to use as well. It probably would be better as an end corner table.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:09 AM   #11

I can't help you with the couch but DANG IT!!! I want one of those flyin machines you have LOL!!
Sorry,,, just had to toss that in LOL!!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbott View Post

I would think the fit would work if the length is the same. Something to certainly consider. I wonder if the other manufacturers would indeed sell their sofa to us as Jafundy says? Interesting thought.

As far as bolt holes, I'm not worried about that. We replaced our rv sofa years ago in our current coach and replaced it with a residential reclining love seat. I've also known many other people that replace their rv sofas with residential couches or two residential recliner chairs. None of which bolt down. I don't see that as an option however with replacing the L-shaped sofa as the "L" part of the sofa slides in for transportation down the road.
They will ABSOLUTELY sell you the couch separately. Now, if it is longer - it might not work. If it's shorter - no problem! There is also the "problem" that the color may be shades different IF you care about that. I can tell you we are taking our hassocks with us out of our Ellipse and are sure it is close enough to the "Ambrosia" interior colors that we aren't worried about the difference. BTW - "Hi" B and D. Jim
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:13 AM   #13

We just made reservations at Lazy Days in Tampa for this coming Friday. And to be frank we have every intension to leave there with a new rig. And probably a Tiffin 42LH so I think I will plant the seed with the guy we have been talking with and see if a couch from Winnebago Tour or Entegra could be put in. Maybe even wire in the Tours version so it can do it's reclining thing.
Never hurts to ask. I'm thinking is a couch was a deal breaker they would come up with something.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
We just made reservations at Lazy Days in Tampa for this coming Friday. And to be frank we have every intension to leave there with a new rig. And probably a Tiffin 42LH so I think I will plant the seed with the guy we have been talking with and see if a couch from Winnebago Tour or Entegra could be put in. Maybe even wire in the Tours version so it can do it's reclining thing. Never hurts to ask. I'm thinking is a couch was a deal breaker they would come up with something.
I know they can make some big mods at Lazydays. Since it would be their aftermarket group (even if it's "included" in the price) it would have to be scheduled in time wise. Plus, they'd have to order it in and get it shipped down. All that would take some time. I don't know who makes Entegra's couch. Winnie's is made right there in Forest City, IA. Unless for some bizarre reason they happen to have one at LD - you're probably looking at a month to 6 weeks to get it ordered and installed.

Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace, replacement