Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2015, 05:47 PM   #1

Replacement slide solenoid

Without symptoms, all 3 slides failed to go out. After Internet search I used hammer to lightly tap solenoid plus snug one tap, and slides then worked.
The solenoid is a White Rodgers RBM, Type 124-205-141.

What replacement solenoid have others used when faced with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Ron Hunziger
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2015, 07:35 PM   #2

Check Amazon I think they have what your looking for-$43.75 free shipping
Old 06-28-2015, 09:43 PM   #3

Let me try again with asking help on a replacement slide solenoid for our '05 Tiffin Bus.

I cannot find a solenoid matching what is on our Bus, "White Rodgers/RBM
Type 124-205141 Coil 12 V.D.C. Cont."

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:58 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ebay, follow this link. or call Tiffin, they have always been helpful to me.

Lot of 25 New White Rodgers Solenoid 124 205141 Coil 12 V D C Continuous T2 | eBay

Don't know for sure what the "lot of 25" means, so contact the seller to be sure.
kewag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:58 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Mine is a 2009 Phaeton but here is mine: White Rogers part#586-902 or Allied Part 576-1078. Mine is a 200 AMP contactor relay.

I have checked Allied, White Rodgers website and Grainger and none of this have this solenoid. It is called a contactor relay instead of solenoid when you are looking for it. I suggest that you go on Grainger and look for a similar relay after you figure out how many amps and connections you need.

You might email don.boyd@tiffinmotorhomes.com and ask him for a substitute solenoid/contactor relay number after explaining your issue. Don is the best Tiffin has at helping people.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:53 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Ron,
Let us Tiffin owners how you made out, I have a similar setup, except 4 slides. Who knows, I may need a solenoid at some time also.

Thanks
kewag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:20 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron and Marsha View Post
Let me try again with asking help on a replacement slide solenoid for our '05 Tiffin Bus.

I cannot find a solenoid matching what is on our Bus, "White Rodgers/RBM
Type 124-205141 Coil 12 V.D.C. Cont."

Thanks in advance.
If you get the 25 on Ebay I'll take 3 thats.. $13.56 ea..!
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:36 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
May I chime in here as I just am having a problem with my electric slides. The hydraulic ones work. I just mived from one CG to another today and on arrival the electric slides won't go out. Could it be this relay y'all are refering to ?

Funny how the book says on one page that the slides are locked out and the ignition sw. needs to be off and e brake ready to operate " Next page says to extend slides with ignition sw ON ?

I can survive one night with 2 slides but DW is going bezerk. Tomorrow I will have to chase it down.

I did all as suggested here.

Never have had a problem with slides except that the hydraulic ones have to have sw off and elect. one sw on , or the other way 'round. Not a well thought out setup. IMHO.

Thanks for any input, Bob.
capecodbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #9

Bob
Solenoids stick sometimes, not allowing a circuit to complete. Sometimes the "hammer treatment" gives the needed attitude adjustment, at least on a temporary basis until a replacement is located. Just a tap, not a "whop".
Perhaps others can add suggestions.
Ron and Marsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:21 PM   #10

Solenoid issue....

I may have this problem with my 2012 Tiffin RED QSA 36' RV. I'm wondering if it would be advisable to not operate the slides when batteries are low? It seems to me that low voltage = excessive amp draw along with current inrush (solenoids, motors, anything with windings have this). At any rate, it seems like maybe this was/is my situation.

I'm going to try the hammer tap tomorrow and I'll probably be calling Tiffin on Monday. The slides on passenger side work fine but driver side slides aren't working. When my wife operates the slide switch in the RV, I can hear a clicking on driver side (solenoid sound?) but, as I said, but no slide extension.

Thanks for the good info, everyone. We'll sure let you know how everything turns out!

Brenda & Steve West (Isabelle & Dolly, too!)
Fort Wayne, IN
2012 Tiffin RED 36'
2016 Chevy Equinox
airman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:11 AM   #11

Where are the slide solenoids located just in case I have an issue sometime when we need to move? I have an 06 35 TSA?
Catch14me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:15 AM   #12
dms

If you're talking about HWH hydraulics, you need to understand how they are designed. There are two solenoids (HWH calls them Relays). A "Master" and a "Pump" relay.

The Master is activated (closed) anytime the ignition switch is on. When you activate your slides, the Pump relay is then closed to operate the pump making the slides operate.

Since the Master is activated the entire time you're driving, it will fail sooner or later.....poor design. The Master is rated "continuous" duty and the Pump relay is rated "intermittent" duty. The problem is that HWH uses Chinese solenoids and even thought they are rated as continuous duty, they will fail.

I replaced my Master with a 200 amp golf cart solenoid, American made, for $55. Same size but heavier duty and easy replacement. I added a toggle switch to turn it off while driving since there is no reason for it to be activated all day while driving. When I use the Hydraulics, I just turn on the toggle switch. Any golf cart shop will have the 200a relay.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:55 AM   #13

Mine are gear, electric motor driver, probably Atwood but no manual came with the RV to be specific. On a couple of occasions there was a hesitation in responding to the slide controls. New batteries and connected to shore power so thought I had better be prepared by knowing the solenoid locations.
Catch14me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:59 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
good info thanks

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, slide