RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2019, 08:44 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Replacing L Shape Sofa in 36LA

We would love to get rid of our Flexsteel L shape sofa in our 36LA. When we looked at sofas in the furniture store, the backs are too high. The window window treatments/valences (?) stick out from the wall and prohibit the sofa from sitting next to the wall. So...the sofa sticks out over the carpeted part of the slide.
What to do? Anybody have any thoughts?
What have you done to replace the sofa?
We love our coach, just not the Flexsteel sofa.

Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2019, 10:51 AM   #2

If you want to do it yourself, you can buy a sofa anywhere as long as has the dimensions or has a removable back so you can get it in the motorhome. One source of RV furniture is recpro.com. Another option for do it yourself or have it done is braddandhall.com. They have a showroom where you can check out quite a few sofa options. They will have it shipped to your home, or will install it at their shop. We had them install a nice Flexsteel Easy Bed in our Winnebago travel trailer a few years ago. The tend to carry higher end furniture but if I were looking for a really good couch, I would go back to them as we're not that far from them and just incorporate it into a little getaway. They also make their own wood cabinets, tables etc. and they are really nice. We bought their folding coffee table for our home and I'm still thinking about buying one for the motorhome.

https://www.braddandhall.com/productcart/pc/home.asp

https://www.recpro.com/led-rv-awning...nting-channel/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shutte...7688714210183/

Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:10 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had a similar issue and ended up removing one of the end valances. Canít really tell it is missing as it was in the corner of the slide.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:07 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
When we replaced the sofa in our last motorhome, a Fleetwood. I removed the valances and cut them off at the top to shorten them 4" to clear the higher backs on the recliner sofa. The recliner sofa we purchased on line from Wayfair (I can't recall the brand) and after shipping was still over a thousand dollars less than identical from Camping World.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:54 AM   #5

I too have used braddandhall and had a great experience. They were professional, and the double recliner we got was everything they said it would be. I would recommend them!
Bagelboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:46 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
We used Brad and Hall. Replaced the "L Couch" with 2 swivel recliners. Also had an small table by the Amish in Ohio to put in between. We loved it. For a year anyway! Ending buying the Phaeton.
Bill.gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:30 PM   #7

Yes, the "L" shaped sofa is kinda lumpy in the corner. IMO, almost all RV furniture is uncomfortable. The seat cushions are either too stiff or too soft. We just went to the Tampa RV Supershow and looked at everything from the most expensive to the cheapest RVs. I would rather buy a motorhome without furniture and buy the stuff in a furniture store. NONE of these coaches, including Newells, Foretravels, etc had real leather upholstery. All disappointing.

jpstakun is offline   Reply With Quote