RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2015, 11:47 PM   #1

Returned to Red Bay to see my finished Allegro Red

Happy New Year Friends! I returned to Red Bay this week to see my finished Allegro Red! My wife and I arrived at Red Bay this past Wednesday January 7 I really wanted to be back for the final inspection, I wanted to be the final QC person to give the rig the green light! When I arrived on Wednesday I was told that my MH was at their Belmont facility this is about 7 miles from Red Bay here is where they paint all for their MH's. Once I arrive I gave the guard my order number and he took me right to my rig, it was impressive to see it completed from where I left it back in mid December. Well my wife and I started to check everything and as expected we found issues now small issues but things that should have been picked up by their QC people, what was impressive was that the actual plant manager actually came to our rig to see what issues we had and I showed him several things and you can tell he was frustrated with what he saw, he apologized several times. Now again nothing mayor but mainly cosmetic, some of the wood trim right above the couch had globs of putty, one of the wooden base trim had a nick in it, the door that closes between the bedroom and the kitchen had a gauge on the bottom, some of the trim in the 1/2 bath on the corner was not glued correctly and was loose, on the outside a couple of the basement doors were not lined up correctly when closed (you were able to see and feel a small gap) this was caught on Wednesday and by Thursday morning everything was completely fixed. Well on Thursday my wife and I started to check things again and boy I'm glad we did, I do not know how we missed several other issued on Wednesday (Must of been the cold) we found on the back bathroom wall a hump in the wall itself, the speaker under the cabinet in the kitchen had a dent on the grill and we found a small hole on one of the walls by the light control switch, again the plant manager came to our rig and I showed what we had found and he right away called Red Bay so that the rig would be taken back to the main plant get all of this other things corrected, in all I'm happy with what I saw but I'm really happy that I went back to check my HM before it's shipped to the dealer! One thing that I have to say is that everyone in Red Bay from the guards to the workers were very helpful with anything that you needed and to be truthful I'm surprised with what liberty you can just walk around the factory looking and taking pictures at anything that you want.

Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am glad things worked out for you but as many have noted, the QC coming out of RB lately is terrible....
We picked up our Phaeton last May from our dealer. Right off we found a storage door not fitted properly...their tech said it would have to go to body shop....we also found cosmetic problems....The door was fixed by myself in about 1 hour, the other problems were also fixed by me over the course of the summer. None were serious enough to warrant a trip to a dealer or RB. I have had several parts sent to me from RB, they were sent promptly and installed by me....
All in all, we love our Phaeton and would not part with it.....hope you enjoy your new MH as much as we do.....

garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:52 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Yayyy! You have been waiting a long time, so glad you guys have finally finished that venture! Now on to enjoying the rig, so much fun! In a few months the weather will coincide with your long awaited trips. Happy camping!

There are a few nicks on ours that I wish weren't there, but it's hard to part with our cottage! I also worry about more mishaps when leaving it the RV centers, dirt, stains, scrapes, getting someone who goofs something up....the list goes on why we won't have minor things done on it. You did great...may you have continued joy with your new toy!
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote