Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers

Tiffin Motorhomes

December 3, 2008 Louisville, KY -- Featured at the 2009 RVIA Exposition was this beautiful Allegro Bay Model 37QSB featuring 1 and ½ baths. The beauty of the oak interior of the coach was adorned with wrought iron wall art and Corian counter tops. The Flexsteel seating surfaces were all covered is supple leather. The faucets were practically art in themselves complimenting the interior as a component rather than an add-on. Gorgeous in brushed chrome nickel the kitchen has a high neck faucet and matching spray nozzle presented more like something to admire rather than for robust galley use. The galley back splashes are laid in with matching granite and gave the area a rich look.

2009 Tiffin Allegro Bay 37QSB

A bath and a half are standard in this model and the use of Corian and granite back splashes are used throughout. The oak cabinetry is very well finished. The storage space inside the vehicle was quite adequate and geared toward the full timing RV’er. The drawers were all full extension pullout types having a dual slide on each side of the drawer. The drawers were very well made and quite robust. In all the 37QSB has 3 LCD TVs including a DVD player.

37QSB Floorplan

When I entered the display area there were guys in suits however the one person that generated a lot of activity and hand shaking was Mr. Bob Tiffin himself. One after another people came up to Bob with an outstretched hand or quite simply to introduce and meet Bob for a moment. He was very cordial with a smile for everyone. When I last saw Bob he was surrounded by a circle of industry types and he was getting assaulted on all sides.

Rear Full Bath

As I made my way into the display I met up with Jerry Williamson and I handed him my business card. I introduced myself and spoke about what it is that we do on iRV2.com and how well attended the Tiffin Owner’s Forum is and how our members share their excitement with one another about their Tiffin Motorcoaches. Bob took me fist to see the new Allegro RDP the 38QSA. We went aboard and what immediately noticed was the extensive use of lightweight material. There appeared to be 12x12 patterned vinyl tiles on the floor which looks much like a slate floor.

Beautiful Wardrobe and LCD in Master Suite with Humble Reporter in Mirror

Vinyl countertops coordinated well with the overall décor but kept the weight down. The big thing about the 36QSA is that it is powered by a rear diesel engine. The diesel is a 6.7L Cummins engine. Another remarkable thing about the Allegro RDP is the price. Jerry said that this vehicle had an MSRP of ~$180,000. That raised my eyebrows when I heard that number. That in of itself prices the Allegro RDP very closely to gas or other front engine products which may be powered by FRED, Ford or Workhorse.

Queen Bed and Headboard Featuring Quality Oak Throughout

The fabrics and cabinetry that was used throughout the coach were very well done. This coach however had a single bath and I asked Jerry if he could show me the bath and a half model. First thing he suggested was a nice Zephyr however I alluded to the fact that I wanted to see something in a front engine configuration. Jerry said that he had just the thing, the Allegro Bay Model 37QSB.

View Looking Aft From Forward of the Living Quarters

As we made our way over to the Allegro Bay in the opposite end of the display we spoke briefly about our owners group. I told Jerry that there was a very brand loyal group of folks on iRV2.com and I invited him to come and see for himself. Jerry did share with me that at times a public forum can be intimidating for an OEM if they get heavily involved because as it happens, not all commentary regarding one product or another is glowing and it could impact people’s perception about one issue or another which may or may not be accurate. Once something is out in a public forum the perceived bad issues often snowball. I offered that we have our group of Moderators including Cruzer and Joe-K who if they had anything to say about it would keep thing moving along quite nicely. I offered that, unsolicited customer feedback in any sense of the word is excellent data to be able to receive and act upon before an issue gets out of control. Many of our sponsor partners have acted upon information they picked up right here in the forums and saved themselves a lot of grief and expense.

37QSB's Kitchen - Beautiful at Every Glance

Once we arrived in the Allegro Bay Model 37QSB it was practically a catharsis for me entering into this cavernous forward cabin with rich appearing leather appointments. You would indeed be challenged to find another RV like it at the RVIA Show other than the upscale Tiffin coaches themselves. When I toured the Bay, Jerry had an opportunity to share some thoughts with me and we spoke about front engine diesels. Jerry said that the FRED was a big hit for Tiffin and they built and delivered quite a few of them. Recently sales of front engine diesels has slowed down a bit but Jerry expect s that to turn around in the near term. What I derived from our conversation was that nobody was building a lot of anything at the moment but Jerry shared with me that Tiffin Motorcoach is here for the long haul.

Mr. Jerry Williamson, Tiffin Motorcoach, Greets iRV2.com Members

I departed the exhibit much better informed and impressed with Tiffin Motorcoach products. Well that's all I have for now.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
As a loyal Tiffin brand owner, I really appreciate the report. What a beautiful coach and the floorplan is outstanding.

Thanks Mike!

Bob

CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Very nice report! Thnaks for sharing. I'm also a Tiffin Allegro Bay owner ('08 37QDB) I won't say a like the floorplan better than mine, but it definately has appeal to the right people. It's just the wife &I, so our side aisle suits us well. I like out exterior paint better than the '09, but darn.....I wish I could get the MCD roller shades and the outside TV. Perhaps a trip to Red Bay is in my future!

We met Bob Tiffin at the Hershey Show. The nicest guy you'll ever meet. I handed him my card when I introduced myself. I was surprized a month later when my phone rang & it was Bob Tiffin. He was just calling to see if everything was okay & if there was anything he could do for me.

Again, thanks for an outstanding report
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote