Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2015, 06:23 PM   #113

I don't know where you bought the thing but in Mass if you bring a vehicle back three times in 18 months for major problems then the manufacturer has to buy it back for your cost. If not and they are sued triple damages and attorney fees.
edsperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2015, 06:27 PM   #114

Call your lawyer back home where you bought it and ask him about the "lemon law". They have to buy it back for your price if you have a lemon law. If not then buy in a state that has one
edsperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #115

Sorry to say

We did check with the family attorney no lemon law on RV'S in the state of Maryland. As a matter of fact none in three of our lower 48 states and we just happen to be one of them. it's okay now everything is fixed and were ready for a season of fun if we ever get past all this cold and snow. We didn't head south this year because we weren't sure when the camper would be done. But we will be there next year.
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:10 PM   #116

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It is never too late to head south. Unless you have other plans, wait for a two day break in the weather and roll out. Places in FL are probably booked but the Texas gulf coast always has room. Even Gulf Shores AL has plenty of space, it may not be as warm as FL but it sure beats whats happening in the northeast.

WE are in Las Cruces NM at the moment heading on further west, staying south.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:22 PM   #117

didn't want to say it

Ended up in Hospital last week with congestive heart failure as well as pneumonia in both lungs. Woke to not being able to get breath. home now trying two recover so you see I can't get out of Dodge just yet.
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:30 PM   #118

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz427 View Post
I think it's the toys that sell these campers now. Saw one on Facebook yesterday that had a side porch on it came out of living room through sliding glass door to a walk way under the awning on the passenger side. Granted it was on a tag axle unit but DW wanted to know can we get one. That would be a NO.
Actually there are a few available for sale now. Here's a link to one: for only 219,900. They listed for around $800,000 as I remember.
They are a County Coach and they were called a "Veranda"
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:36 PM   #119

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsperfect View Post
Call your lawyer back home where you bought it and ask him about the "lemon law". They have to buy it back for your price if you have a lemon law. If not then buy in a state that has one
Very few state's have Lemon Laws that cover RV's and those the do usually only cover the chassis portion. WA is that way and due to it we got Newmar to replace the 12,000# front axle on our Dutch Star with a 14,600# unit as it was overweight when delivered and before we ever loaded anything aboard. The really didn't want to have to buy it back I guess. It's been a great rig but time to upgrade.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:07 PM   #120

Grizz, sorry to hear about your health issues, just sit back, rest and relax, and get better for now. Your health is so much more important than any of this stuff. Once you get back on track, you'll be ready to roll and enjoy your MH. Although not as serious as your issues, I know how you feel I just had a major shoulder surgery last Monday and it will be months before we can use the MH, but it will still be there when we are ready. Good Luck on a speedy recovery and God Bless.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:01 PM   #121

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz427 View Post
Ended up in Hospital last week with congestive heart failure as well as pneumonia in both lungs. Woke to not being able to get breath. home now trying two recover so you see I can't get out of Dodge just yet.
Oh, so sorry to hear that, you have a long road to recovery. Sounds like you landed yourself in worse shape than your coach was. Hope you make a good and swift recovery so you can get some pleasure out of your coach next winter if not this coming summer.

I will keep you in my thoughts.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
Old 02-17-2015, 12:09 AM   #122

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
I have been reading this thread (9 pages and counting ) and I just cant take it any more...It seems that Tiffin ( or any other brand ) owners are in a bad relationship and instead of running away they just keep on taking the beatings. Stop defending bad behavior and shoddy workmanship. It is NOT the fault of the components that there are so many repairs needed. The builder IS RESPONSIBLE for the components he uses and the unskilled employees that work for him.

AS to the Op...he was just relating his experience, so others might learn. Some of you just keep defending the bad guys and would have us all believe that the beatings are not really painfull.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:42 AM   #123

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
OK so an owner who has been orphaned by his Manufacturer - Monaco - and his chassis builder - WorkHorse is going to tell those of us who have a strong viable mfg building on current chassis how to relate to our manufacturer - [moderator edit]

Tiffin is not perfect, we know that. Some coaches seem to have more trouble than others even from the same assembly line, not news. We do not care for the service system that is in place, well some of us don't. Tiffin keeps adjusting to attempt to improve the system and some of think the adjustments are bad ideas, what else is new. This is my 3rd brand of coach and is by far the best, for all of the flaws. Even $1,000,000 dollar coaches have flaws, they just cost more to repair and we don;t hear about them on this forum.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:53 AM   #124
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Folks, keep the discussion to the subject, not attacking each other. That's against our Community Rules.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:55 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by xctraveler View Post
OK so an owner who has been orphaned by his Manufacturer - Monaco - and his chassis builder - WorkHorse ..........
Just to keep the facts straight, Monaco never built their Dynasty (DP) on a Workhorse chassis.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:45 PM   #126

Everyone has the choice to not buy an RV. If the problems that come with ownership really bothers anyone then the lifestyle is probably not for them. Probably should rent an apartment and have the landlord deal with the repairs.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote