Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2015, 08:53 PM   #155
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There is no established criteria or need to close it.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2015, 07:42 AM   #156

As you say

Or you could just stop reading this one and go to another one
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:30 PM   #157

Grizz427 I think you like the attention. Just saying
new 2 rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #158

not yours

Thank you for your input
Old 04-19-2015, 09:09 PM   #159

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have been in this thread from page 1. I continue to watch in hopes that I will get to meet grizz427 some place on the road when he gets himself as well healed as his coach.

New 2 RV this place is about far more than just our motorhomes and travels. If you stick around you will find characters (and I do mean characters) who you too will look forward to meeting just to put a presence with the "voic e" This is not intended as a criticism but as a suggestion. After 14 years on the road and 3 years on this forum we have lots of friends we have met in every kind of place and way.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:10 PM   #160

I feel like Wado

I'll be in Key west May 13-20. My next trips will be the bike week shows in PA and Md. Ocean City in August. Myrtle Beach Sept 25- Oct 4. If any should would be looking for me I drive a dark Cherry Goldwing Trike in a white trailer on the back of my 36LA. Come on over always an open door.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:32 PM   #161

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Grizz - glad that you're feeling better, MH troubles are in the rear, and you have safe travels! BTW, was it Chesaco?
billyboy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:26 AM   #162

Newmar Owners Club
This thread has worn me out. My wife and are are 2 and 1 month away from being 76 yrs old. After traveling this country by car and air for the last 35 yrs, we bought our very first MH in Feb 2014. Guess what it was and still is? It is a Tiffin 36la. We love the floor plan. Only wish we had more room at the foot of the bed. We did replace the mattress with A very nice Jamison.
Tiffin has been very nice to us. Lost the gear box on the Kwikee step and a replacement was shipped at no charge. Installed it myself. Piece of cake. Shower faucet cracked and leaked. Replacement sent at very nominal cost. Easy fix. Of course our door squeaks, but we wedge it with cardboard and press on.
Recently took a look at the 2016 36la and Tiffin has made a few nice changes, the most significant to me, is they went to ROUND nobs on doors. The square ones almost break your fingers when a door opens too fast.
Current plan is to install a 5 Star Tuner and modify suspension to improve performance and handling. Don't want to spend another 100k to get a DP to get the power and ride.

Harry and Jackie
2014 Allegro Open Road 36LA
Toad--2010 CRV
Harjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:02 AM   #163

Tiffin Owners Club
Harry I think you will be very please with the 5 Star Tune.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:23 AM   #164

We have been very pleased with ours. One of the first things we did when we got ours was change out all the square knobs to round ones. With the DW being a diabetic and the grandkids we didn't need any with sharp edges around. I also moved the hinges inward on the half bath to reduce the chances of someone getting hurt on them. Five Star tune I did month after we bought ours. I had one on my previous SOB and was and still am pleased with the product. Other than that ours has been trouble free. We did visit Red Bay to tour the plant and one other time to get a cracked windshield replaced. I am on the fence about adding the Sumo Springs. Ride hasn't been that bad and I think alot of that is due weighting the MH and adjusting the air pressure in the tires to match the weight.
melving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:15 PM   #165

Newmar Owners Club
Melvin

Did you go with 87, 89, or 92 octane on your 5 star tune? I haven't loaded mine yet which is set at 87. Wondering if I should have ordered a 92.

Suppose to have the RPA on our coach Oct 6th. Could not get even a ballpark figure on cost of modifications. I would just like a range from low to high depending on what they recommend. I am having second thoughts on having the RPA done.
I have never weighed our coach and I feel like tire pressure has a lot to do with a good ride. Currently running 100 psi all around simply for safety. Sure gives a harsh ride. Would like feedback from anyone that has experience in above.

Thanks
Harjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:16 PM   #166

Thor Owners Club
I've read this thread and found it interesting. One thing that I read was that folks have installed surgeguard surge protectors. We had a portable unit which was a few years old. I thought I had done the right thing and we were protected. We were protected until at some point, don't know when, the surge guard was compromised, likely hit by an earlier surge or spike. This summer we were hit with a surge or spike which took out our microwave, convertor and coffee machine. I didn't understand why we weren't protected until I found an article on the net that related that the SG ceases to protect after it gets hit with a Surge/Spike. Like ours. I switched from Surge Guard to Progressive Industries EMS PT 50c, as the PI unit will indicate the Surge. Our SG had nothing displayed that indicted that it was not working. Just thought I'd send that bit of info out there.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:57 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harjac View Post
Melvin

Did you go with 87, 89, or 92 octane on your 5 star tune? I haven't loaded mine yet which is set at 87. Wondering if I should have ordered a 92.

Suppose to have the RPA on our coach Oct 6th. Could not get even a ballpark figure on cost of modifications. I would just like a range from low to high depending on what they recommend. I am having second thoughts on having the RPA done.
I have never weighed our coach and I feel like tire pressure has a lot to do with a good ride. Currently running 100 psi all around simply for safety. Sure gives a harsh ride. Would like feedback from anyone that has experience in above.

Thanks
Hello, I went with the basic 87 tow tune on both MH I have had installed on. Don't do the tune for mileage, as may improve it a little, but not enough to pay for itself. The changes in shift points and earlier overdrive lockup are what I see the most benefit of the tune. I do recommend weighting the coach. I am running 90 in the front and 85 in the rear based on my weight. I was surprised the first time I weighted mine as to the pass side was heavier and after that I moved some items in the basement to driver's side to better balance the load.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:03 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
I've read this thread and found it interesting. One thing that I read was that folks have installed surgeguard surge protectors. We had a portable unit which was a few years old. I thought I had done the right thing and we were protected. We were protected until at some point, don't know when, the surge guard was compromised, likely hit by an earlier surge or spike. This summer we were hit with a surge or spike which took out our microwave, convertor and coffee machine. I didn't understand why we weren't protected until I found an article on the net that related that the SG ceases to protect after it gets hit with a Surge/Spike. Like ours. I switched from Surge Guard to Progressive Industries EMS PT 50c, as the PI unit will indicate the Surge. Our SG had nothing displayed that indicted that it was not working. Just thought I'd send that bit of info out there.
We also have the Progressive unit also, saved us this month in Iowa, a pedestal we were plugged into went to 135v and stayed there for several minutes. It kicked out the power immediately. The campground owner said he had noticed that his generator was kicking on around the same time and had done this for several nights. His electrician??? had never seen that before.