Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
I just don't understand all the hype about the chassis mods to help driving a MH. I have owned a Winnie and a Tiffin both had stock F53 chassis and drove just fine. We average around 300 miles a day(6 or 7 hours) when traveling and are not exhausted or fatigued by the drive. We like to stop and see the local sights. Maybe if you are doing a 12 hour non stop day of driving these mods are needed.
Glad you have a positive experience with stock configuration. We had a F53. Was very tiring to drive due to constant steering correction needed. And felt unsafe over 60 mph. CHF and front stabilizer improved somewhat, but the fix was a rear track bar.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2017, 02:45 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Glad you have a positive experience with stock configuration. We had a F53. Was very tiring to drive due to constant steering correction needed. And felt unsafe over 60 mph. CHF and front stabilizer improved somewhat, but the fix was a rear track bar.
I have had my 2014 Tiffin 36LA up to 80mph on the interstate downhill of course. I have to be careful to keep it below 70 because it drives so smoothly. The old winnebago sounded like it was falling apart at 70mph. Both on the F53 chassis without any aftermarket mods. They were both a little over 36 feet long and towing Jeep Grand Cherokees. Maybe the length keeps them from wandering all over the road and needing constant corrective steering.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:30 PM   #17

Safety plus

Just installed on my 2017 31sa tiffin last Friday .went to tunica sat 550 miles round trip. Worth the 550 night an day.
bblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:48 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the safe-side! Glad to have ya! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji106]
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:43 AM   #19

I could not believe the difference in steering control after I installed the safe-t plus on my 2004 Allegro Bay 36 on a Workhorse chassis.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:04 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Installed Safe T Plus on my 2011 Tiffin 34TGA (F53 V-10 Ford chassis) last October. In city driving, no change. On highway at 60-65mph speeds, MAGIC! Go get ya one of these!
Just FYI, my STP is white. They make various colors for varying applications, be sure they get the right one. Word is one color has been replaced as outdated.
Fancy Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:32 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Red, White and Blue aren't they? For different chassis why would one be out dated?
Old 07-28-2017, 04:35 AM   #22

I had one installed on my 09' Phaeton and it made a world of difference. I can ride down the road with one hand, and don't have to worry about big trucks pushing me around! In my opinion, it was well worth the money
cjhmichfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:23 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Reply to tmw188

There used to be a beige colored Safe T Plus, I believe. The dealer who installed my white unit told me "a unit" had been discontinued, which I assumed to be the beige one. In hindsight, I don't know if he was referring to the unit itself being discontinued, which was my assumption, or the beige paint job was discontinued in favor of white paint with no change to the actual device.
Fancy Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:31 PM   #24

Get the toe-in checked first. If you don't have any, your coach will wander all over the place. If it still does after confirming you do have adequate toe-in, then by all means, get the Safe T Plus.
jpstakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:05 AM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I was actually quite skeptical as to how a safe-t-plus could possibly improve handling, given that there is a worm gear steering box and there's no 'play' in my steering.

But we had a 6K trip planned this year and I knew my wife would be driving a portion of it, so figured I'd put it on just for the potential tire blow out claims. Figured it couldn't hurt, and whether it helped during a blow out who knows....but I'd least I'd have peace of mind that I did everything I could have done. I made the decision to install, regardless of whether I'd ever see any tangible benefit.

So I put it on last fall (easy install), and am quite frankly surprised at the improvement. Made a believer out of skeptical me, I'll always have one on any future coach I may ever get.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:44 AM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
2017 32sa

Installed ours a month back while on alignment rack. It took about three tries to get a true return to dead center and lock it down. I feel less tired after driving; a lot less wander and rut climbing on older roads. Well worth the money.
ALinMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:08 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
STP

We added the Safety Plus with the Henderson Super steer trim unit and the results are wonderful. When you change direction of travel or the wind changes, just hit the switch for a few seconds, center the coach in your lane and release the switch, it is that easy. I feel it is the best Mod I have done to our coach.
Droski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:33 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Safe-t-plus

All- what is the charge to have them installed?
BruceNeu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
safety