RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2017, 07:12 PM   #1

Safe T Plus

Who has installed safety plus steering stablelizer on there rv.is it worth the money.

bblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2017, 08:04 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Got one in April for my 2013 Breeze. Before I had it installed I could barely keep the unit in one lane. As explained to me, this is a relatively short motorhome with a heavy motor in back. It makes the front end light and prone to wander. Safety Plus fixed this. I would not be surprised to see them installed one day on every Breeze that comes out of Red Bay.

timwoodburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:15 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Installed one on our 2017 Phaeton QBH. Wasn't toooooo bad driving before, but now I can drive one handed in crosswinds and/or semis passing. That coupled with the additional safety of steering tire blowout stability makes the cost seemingly like safety insurance + bonus. Bottom line, glad I put one on.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:35 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
agree to all the above

Old 07-12-2017, 11:06 PM   #5

Agree with all. I have a safety T steer. Love it. Great company. Also, weigh your coach and look at load pressures from your tire manufacturer. Mine were over inflated. Fixed it to spec and made driving even better..
Old 07-13-2017, 02:12 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've had them installed on two RVs and would never own one without Safetplus. On a gasser it helps with steering over rough roads and ruts and it helps in windy conditions. But the main reason to install it is in case of a blowout. There's a video that shows a big rig dash cam filming a large class A that experienced a blowout. The Motorhome and the truck both rolled over.
Sjg1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:56 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Best money I have spent on my 2017 Phaeton. Don't hesitate, install a Safe-T-Plus. You will be glad you did.
lakefront5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:57 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I also feel it was the best $$$ I have spent on my 2016 36LA. Now my stearing stays centered easily. Because of this, staying in the lane is easier, I have less fatigue, and my wife is more willing to help drive. The effect of passing trucks with their wind wake is gone.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:48 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Did the same on our 2010 38QBA. Steering before and after was like night and day. Kicked myself a bit for not adding it MUCH sooner.
HD Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:56 PM   #10

There is no downside to installing a Safe T Plus! Millions of miles in the trucking industry have proved it.
soonerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerdave View Post
There is no downside to installing a Safe T Plus! Millions of miles in the trucking industry have proved it.

I've got millions of miles in the trucking industry and have never known anyone that has one. I've seen them advertised but don't know anyone to have ever bought one
johnridders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnridders View Post
I've got millions of miles in the trucking industry and have never known anyone that has one. I've seen them advertised but don't know anyone to have ever bought one
I just don't understand all the hype about the chassis mods to help driving a MH. I have owned a Winnie and a Tiffin both had stock F53 chassis and drove just fine. We average around 300 miles a day(6 or 7 hours) when traveling and are not exhausted or fatigued by the drive. We like to stop and see the local sights. Maybe if you are doing a 12 hour non stop day of driving these mods are needed.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:06 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnridders View Post
You may be absolutely correct. The Safe T Plus was developed by a trucker for the trucking industry so I'm fairly sure that his original customers were truckers for many years before branching out to RVs. I have never heard any negative comments and have heard lots of positive!
soonerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:14 PM   #14

I guess I am the odd one. I installed it on my 2016 Tiffin 36LA. Hardly noticed a difference in driving and felt it was a waste of time, effort and money. Got more bang for the buck doing the Cheap Handling Fix, inflating the tires to the proper PSI, front end alignment (which Tiffin pays for), and a rear track bar. I know it was "doing its job" because when lifting the front wheels off the ground they would turn straight. Just couldn't tell any different when driving.

John (USAF Retired) & Cheryl (Teacher) Boo (15 year old cat), 3 hooligan 1 year old cats. Future RV ???; Past RVs: '16 Newmar Ventana 3709, '16 Tiffin Allegro 36LA, '14 EverGreen Bayhill 295RL, '12 Voltage V3200, '09 BigHorn 3400, '06 Jayco Octane, '04 Jayco Baja
JCGibson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
safety