Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2018, 07:42 PM   #1

safe t plus install

Installed a Safe T Plus steering control on my 14 33aa red. Made a big difference in the way the MH tracks and steers. Ordered from Safe T Plus with the hardware kit and took about 2 hours to install. Road tested and had a slight pull to the left so I stopped in a parking lot and made one minor adjustment and that was it. I did have to make another adjustment when the air bags deflated it made contact with my fuel tank. I loosened the tie rod u bolts and rotated the unit downward and that allowed for the clearance needed. Road tested again and tracked good and straight. Very happy with it so far and glad I did it.
mr builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2018, 05:18 AM   #2

Just had ours installed on our 2014 33AA two weeks ago. We will be doing our "big" road test next week.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:04 PM   #3

Hope the road test goes well! You should go from firm grip two hands to a couple fingers each hand. It works really well.
mr builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:24 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Installed one last year. Biggest improvement in heavy winds. Highly recommend.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:53 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I’m currently sitting in Austell GA next to the Safe T Plus garages. Tomorrow morning the techs will be installing a unit on my coach. They quoted me a price that was ½ the cost the dealer wanted. I am hoping that all the responses I got the device make the ride that much better. Let you know tomorrow.
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:13 PM   #6

They installed mine this morning. It made a considerable difference in drivability.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjvogtiii View Post
I’m currently sitting in Austell GA next to the Safe T Plus garages. Tomorrow morning the techs will be installing a unit on my coach. They quoted me a price that was ½ the cost the dealer wanted. I am hoping that all the responses I got the device make the ride that much better. Let you know tomorrow.

for a rookie to the tiffin world .... whats the safeT system do exactly? What do they cost parts & labor and which models need them?
repsolracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:38 AM   #8

It's a self centering steering stabilizer. It reduces the back and forth corrections you see in gusty wind and when trucks pass. It also adds stability in the case of a front tire blowout.

Everything can benefit, but some chassis make more of a difference than others. Tag axle chassis seem to make less of a difference because the tags add some steering stability. It made a noticeable difference on my Rev. Mine was $640 installed at the factory. Worth the money.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:33 AM   #9

Are we talking about both gassers and pushers?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
The Safe T Plus was installed this morning in Austell Ga. Drove to Lumberton NC today. My wife stated “What difference!” And it was just that. The office / plant is Austell is staffed by a handful of extremely nice people from the front off to the techs in the back. I want to say very knowledgeable and accommodating. In and out in 1½ hours and back on the road.

WELL DONE SAFE T PLUS team.

By the way my 31sa is a Tiffin gasser
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:36 PM   #11

Getting ready to try ours out next week for a drive longer than an hour.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:33 AM   #12

installed safe-t-plus

I just installed a new safe-t-plus on a 2013 AA33 RED. I had the same problem with fuel tank clearance , but Bryan at Safe-t-plus was great sent another spacer that fixed the problem ,over night. I have not drove it yet do to rain and snow, but hope to soon. Bryan also gave me ideas when I do my finial adjustment .
If the unit drifts slowly off to a side move the tie rod bolts only a 1/8 inch to that side marking the tie rod first tube sure how much you did move it. If the unit pulls to a side move the tie rod bolt 1/4 inch. Happy driving George
george123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:39 AM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjvogtiii View Post
The Safe T Plus was installed this morning in Austell Ga. Drove to Lumberton NC today. My wife stated “What difference!” And it was just that. The office / plant is Austell is staffed by a handful of extremely nice people from the front off to the techs in the back. I want to say very knowledgeable and accommodating. In and out in 1½ hours and back on the road.

WELL DONE SAFE T PLUS team.

By the way my 31sa is a Tiffin gasser
How much did they charge for the install? I'm wondering if it's worth having them do it instead of installing myself. Thanks

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:46 AM   #14

Safe T Plus

Install at factory is free. If you are a veteran, you get a discount.
hbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install