Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Satellite tv

Have a 2011 allegro red with satellite tv and want to put a receiver in the bedroom. The owners manual says it is wired to the back bedroom but I can't seem to get the receiver to work back there.
Mirbigfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirbigfella View Post
Have a 2011 allegro red with satellite tv and want to put a receiver in the bedroom. The owners manual says it is wired to the back bedroom but I can't seem to get the receiver to work back there.
What kind of antenna is on the roof? Do you see 2 cables leaving the base of the antenna and entering the roof? DirecTV or Dish Network? Is there a cable (or wall plate) in the bedroom specifically market satellite or roof antenna?
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #3

On our 2010 RED I had to take the bedroom TV off the wall to find where the rear satellite receiver wires connected. It was not the same as the front units. Dealer had no clue.

Edit: Just walked to the garage to check my memory. On our RED the rear satellite receiver cables are factory connected to the Video 1 inputs on the TV.
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I see the RCA cables and satellite cable but I can't get it to work properly.
Mirbigfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:11 AM   #5
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirbigfella View Post
I see the RCA cables and satellite cable but I can't get it to work properly.
Try going into the TV input setup menu and selecting a different input. If Tiffin is still using Panasonic TVs, there should be a button on the TV remote marked "input."
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If it is using the RCA inputs.. NOt only do you have to select one of the A/V in's on the TV but you have to have the RCA cables hooked up at the sat receiver as well.. Should be marked, no guarantees on that however. (Marking may be "Rear TV" or "Sat" depending on if it feeds the TV directly (how I"d do it) or via the video switch (The other way I'd do it)
Old 09-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do you have your imput cable plugged into a router like a Wineguard that allows you to use the system in multiple locations in your unit. The Direct TV "tech" who set up my unit while down in east Texas had no idea of what a router was and insisted on using a spliter. Reception on the bedroom TV was almost unviewable and the front was not great. Soon as he got off the site, I tore apart his jury rigged hook up, plugged the satellite imput back into the router, then plugged the front, rear and storage compartment cables into there respective output on the back of the router. System works excellent. The thing that really ticked me was he charged me $30 for a $3 Home Depot splitter. I complained, but evern his supervisor had no idea what a router was.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Call Tiffin industries with your vin. They can give you the information you need, they are very helpful.

Tags
satellite