RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2015, 05:53 AM   #1

Searching for our ideal floor plan

We are ready to move up from our 2012 Georgetown gasser into used Tiffin diesel pusher under 100k. We are wanting something with a TV in the living room area, so far all I'm seeing is the Allegro 33AA. What other models should I be looking for?

Thanks ahead of time for any help or advice.

2012 Tiffin
Allegro RED 34QFA.....SOLD!
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
If you are looking for a Tiffin DP under 100K you are going to have to go back a few years. The older units often put a TV in the kitchen area and one above the driver. Floorplans like the 33AA did not come into existence until 2013 and forward.

The models with the latest layouts and the TV in the living area are the 31/32SA and 36LA in the gassers, the 33AA in the RED line, the 36GH, 42LH, and 40AH in the Phaeton line, and the 37AP, 45LH in the Bus line. The 36LA dates back to 2012 - everything else is new since then.

luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
If you are looking for a Tiffin DP under 100K you are going to have to go back a few years. The older units often put a TV in the kitchen area and one above the driver. Floorplans like the 33AA did not come into existence until 2013 and forward.

The models with the latest layouts and the TV in the living area are the 31/32SA and 36LA in the gassers, the 33AA in the RED line, the 36GH, 42LH, and 40AH in the Phaeton line, and the 37AP, 45LH in the Bus line. The 36LA dates back to 2012 - everything else is new since then.
Those are way out of our price range, looks like we will have to forget about the TV in the living room.

Thank you

2012 Tiffin
Allegro RED 34QFA.....SOLD!
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:39 AM   #4

Might try your search with this in mind. We are also looking for the front living area with tv, etc. One thing to consider is if the couch or couches could accommodate a tv lift behind one of the couches. Similar to SOB's coaches. It's probably doable. Depth of the slide and other factors will come into play but you might find more possible floor plans that can fit your dream floor plan. Just a thought.
Good luck in your search.
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:15 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I wouldn't stop looking because you might find a really good deal and then have enough leftover to modify the coach to the way you want it. There a multple customizers out there that specialize in modding coaches.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:49 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I would go over to www.tiffinrvnetwork.com, register (it is free) and then take a look at the classifieds on there. It would give you some idea of what Tiffin coaches are out there and how they are priced. Lots of pictures of those coaches would help see what they look like inside to narrow your choice from. Those are asking prices so it will vary but at least you can see what years would be in your price range. I would not hesitate to look at an older DP as long as maintenance records (priority to me) are available from the seller. I also would not go through a dealer because of that since I found out dealers don't give you the prior owners maintenance records (privacy issues so I am told). My 2004 had a television in front over the seats and one in the bedroom so I know models back that far had them. Good luck with your search!
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurph44 View Post
We are ready to move up from our 2012 Georgetown gasser into used Tiffin diesel pusher under 100k. We are wanting something with a TV in the living room area, so far all I'm seeing is the Allegro 33AA. What other models should I be looking for?

Thanks ahead of time for any help or advice.
Not a Tiffin, but the 2009 and up Winnebago/Itasca, Journeys/Meridians 34Y and 34B all have floorplans with the 42"-46" LCD mounted on the wall in the living area, above the buffet and dining table. Opposing slides in the living area and the sofa and Euro chair opposite the TV. Great floorplan. Some of the longer floorplans in newer years also have the same set up. Very popular.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:38 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't know about prior years but my Phaeton 40 QBH has a TV in the living room area.

Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote